Most shocking twist in LTL so far?

kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
As the title suggests, something made me wonder...what has been the most surprising twist in LTL so far? The writers of LTL are a unique kind who put their own special spin on even the most cliche of scenes, so I'm sure there are many such moments that stand out in our minds. A stroke of genius or absurdity that was never seen coming? Something that left you dumbfounded for hours before you got your mind wrapped around it? Something that was a good kind of surprise (i.e. Dutta pulling out that gun on Suresh πŸ˜†) which made you jump in joy or the horrible kind that left you in disbelief? Was it Dutta and Nakku's first marriage? Was it Subbu shooting Anna, the way the FR eventually ended up happening or Dutta sitting on a fan? πŸ˜† 

For me, the one thing I never saw coming in a hundred and fifty years was Roops playing Baaji as a part of Kala's plan to attack Dutta's support system. I had totally and convincingly bought into Roops' redemption and that 'smack-in-the-face' revelation pretty much left me stunned for a day or two while being in mourning and fear for Baaji πŸ˜†

Which moment or scene by these writers left you stupefied?  Discuss LTL's biggest 'shockers!' πŸ˜›

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

neets_ltl thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
And so it continues! Reserved 😎

How quickly Kala revealed everything to Naku in that episode with photos hanging from the ceiling πŸ˜†. And I am now beginning to suffer the post traumatic effects of Madhu's entry. That has slowly developed into an absurd idea....and yes Dutta on the fan. Kala killing Damodar...shocking. πŸ˜†
Edited by neets_ltl - 13 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Let me think abt it. So reseved!
I think one incident surprised me in a pleasant way was when Baji forces Dutta to participate in the sangeet ceremony Dutta slaps him...Baji's reaction to it was something none of us saw coming as unlike other twist there was no media coverage for this one leaving the whole forum hyper over the slap precap.

Edit add:
The twist that had me unpleasantly shocked was Dutta's decision to forgive Naku and breakup with her after the temple shooting incident. But its another matter that it led to Dutta realizing Naku's palce in his life and going after her and later the JMM. So no complaints!

The most recent incident of Kala holding the family hostage was also shocking. I didnt see that coming till the UMAT coverage.

Apart from that I think all other twists were kinda expected/predicted. Though the handling of certain twists left me intrigued like the first shaadi, JMM, the post-JMM phase, the proposal and immediate aftermath.
Edited by kshreya2002 - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
Woah you actually started a topic in this forum??πŸ˜²πŸ˜†  Congratulations, FattymaestroπŸ˜›πŸ˜†
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: kshreya2002

Let me think abt it. So reseved!

I think one incident surprised me in a pleasant way was when Baji forces Dutta to participate in the sangeet ceremony Dutta slaps him...Baji's reaction to it was something none of us saw coming as unlike other twist there was no media coverage for this one leaving the whole forum hyper over the slap precap.

Yeah Ksh, Baaji's reaction was unprecedented! πŸ˜† Forget taking it lightly, the man broke into song and dance πŸ˜† I think he also has some ulti khopdi influence in himself πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: nureat01

Woah you actually started a topic in this forum??πŸ˜²πŸ˜†  Congratulations, FattymaestroπŸ˜›πŸ˜†

Dude, I made the one revealing Kala-Suds' nomination in India Ne Bana Di Jodi too πŸ˜†πŸ˜Ž Belated congratulations accepted πŸ˜† Now share your shocking LTL moment!
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: make-believe

Dude, I made the one revealing Kala-Suds' nomination in India Ne Bana Di Jodi too πŸ˜†πŸ˜Ž Belated congratulations accepted πŸ˜† Now share your shocking LTL moment!

Ohhhh yes, that topicπŸ˜†.....but I guess this is your first real DISCUSSION topic, nahin? The other one toh was more of an informatory post about your two fav. characters in this showπŸ˜›πŸ˜†

Ok to answer your question......SHOCKING ka toh pata nahin.....but yeah the twist with Roops turning out to be "evil" after Kala's return was something I didn't see coming either and was quite taken aback by......what else, what else.....hmmm.....oh and yes.....Dutta landing on that FAN.....deffo had my jaw dropping open🀣.....Other things I never thought I'd see in this show.....Nakku BhaoπŸ˜†.....deffo a major shock to my systemπŸ˜†
-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Lol! I totally agree with Anu here - you finally started a discussion thread in the forum! I'm excited! πŸ˜†

Coming to the shocking twists, I don't know if we can call the twist itself shocking.. but I found the handling of the jungle track very unexpected to say the least. To me the whole lost-in-the-jungle-till-love-blossoms is something that's been done to death in all the other shows so when I heard about this track in LTL last summer I wasn't sure what to expect. However, the way it was handled without the use of barns and "rainfall" song sequences and too-long-for-comfort stares was honestly something I never saw coming.

The way that track was handled just solidified my faith in the CVs... THAT was honestly something I had not seen coming.. πŸ˜†
Edited by -Fivr- - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
Fivray! Did you catch up yetttttttt? :P

And I agree with you about the jungle track too....has to be the most uniquely handled jungle track in any show I've seen....that was my first experience with realizing that LTL is truly different when it comes to treatment....that's the track that had me hooked at last to the show too.....first time I made stuff on LTL *nostalgic muh*πŸ˜†....but yeah, it really made me have faith in LTL too....especially with ambar pe milte hain and then everything consequently....I was losing faith in the days leading up to the second wedding/FR but they again surprised me and restored my faith somehow :-)

P.S. You need to change your sigs....you've got that exceeded hotlinking limits message.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: make-believe

Yeah Ksh, Baaji's reaction was unprecedented! πŸ˜† Forget taking it lightly, the man broke into song and dance πŸ˜† I think he also has some ulti khopdi influence in himself πŸ˜†

I cant never forget that incident. Those were the early days on LTL and we in the forum were in a tizzy over the precap thinking DuJi friendship is over etc etc. After we saw the epi we died laughing.
-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: nureat01

Fivray! Did you catch up yetttttttt? :P

Nahi yaar.. I've been sick with fever for the past three days.. So I've just been overdosing on pills and sleeping. But the beemari is out of its "fever" phase and in its "cough-till-you-pass-out" stage now so I am beginning to catch up now. I calculated the thing to about 9 hours of non-stop LTL viewing and I should be all caught up! πŸ˜†

And I agree with you about the jungle track too....has to be the most uniquely handled jungle track in any show I've seen....that was my first experience with realizing that LTL is truly different when it comes to treatment....that's the track that had me hooked at last to the show too.....first time I made stuff on LTL *nostalgic muh*πŸ˜†....but yeah, it really made me have faith in LTL too....especially with ambar pe milte hain and then everything consequently....I was losing faith in the days leading up to the second wedding/FR but they again surprised me and restored my faith somehow :-)

Haina! That was such a unique realization of his love - there were no "Oh I love her because she looks so awesome in the rain" nonsense.. It was just a culmination of all the things he'd known from before. The jungle didn't MAKE him fall in love with her. It just made him realize that he already had. *sigh* I love that track.. 😳

P.S. You need to change your sigs....you've got that exceeded hotlinking limits message.

I know!! But I am just too attached to let go. I loved that AAA sig and that Kala sig.. πŸ˜† 

Edited by -Fivr- - 13 years ago