Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
This is why I am against anyone addressing anyone bhai, bhaiya, da or di....Just call them by name and if they are older than add ji...solves all the problems..
ankit_nyc thumbnail
to all those people who use the term "sugar daddy" to refer to their b/f's.....listen up it's disrespectful according to some members of hte forum and you are engaged in naughty behavior with your father because you just called him you daddy...........a big ewwwwwwwwww to all those who call their b/f's "big daddy", "sugar daddy" etc................😛 a humble request to all those people, please check in to this forum from time to time to learn which words to use when......😃 Thank you
ankit_nyc thumbnail

Originally posted by: Summer3

Image getting whacked for calling someone "Big Mama"😆

😆 first we had self proclaimed dance experts on the forum who were all knowing about all dance forms, and now we have self proclaimed language experts who know the nuissance and precise meanings of each word from each language..........😆
ankit_nyc thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

This is why I am against anyone addressing anyone bhai, bhaiya, da or di....Just call them by name and if they are older than add ji...solves all the problems..

😆 oh yesss the term "bhaiya".........but wait isn't "bhaiya" also used to refer to those people who sell sabzis and fruits and milk etc ? 😆 and we all know from watching hindi movies that all those people are referred to as "bhaiya" out of brotherly love........😆
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ankit_nyc

to all those people who use the term "sugar daddy" to refer to their b/f's.....listen up it's disrespectful according to some members of hte forum and you are engaged in naughty behavior with your father because you just called him you daddy...........a big ewwwwwwwwww to all those who call their b/f's "big daddy", "sugar daddy" etc................😛 a humble request to all those people, please check in to this forum from time to time to learn which words to use when......😃 Thank you

Do actually know when a girl calls her boyfriend a Sugar Daddy? ðŸ˜• From your post, it seems like you just think it means sweet. ðŸ˜†

Oh and i have no clue where you are trying to get at with this post. ðŸ˜•
Edited by tulipbaby53 - 13 years ago
ankit_nyc thumbnail

Originally posted by: tulipbaby53

Do actually know when a girl calls her boyfriend a Sugar Daddy? ðŸ˜• From your post, it seems like you just think it means sweet. ðŸ˜†

😃 you obviously missed the message......if "dada" can only mean brother then what other possible meaning could the term "sugar daddy" have besides meaning a sweet father? 😃 I mean as you said, a term can only have one meaning right? so "dada" can only mean brother and sugar daddy can only mean sweet father.........😃
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

😃 you obviously missed the message......if "dada" can only mean brother then what other possible meaning could the term "sugar daddy" have besides meaning a sweet father? 😃 I mean as you said, a term can only have one meaning right? so "dada" can only mean brother and sugar daddy can only mean sweet father.........😃

Dada in Bengali means brother or brother-like figure, and there is no other meaning for this word. 

Sugar Daddy is a English slang term for....well, Ankit you know everything, so do I really need to spell it out for you?
ankit_nyc thumbnail

Dada in Bengali means brother or brother-like figure, and there is no other meaning for this word. 

Sugar Daddy is a English slang term for....well, Ankit you know everything, so do I really need to spell it out for you?

😃 oh how convenient...........so dada has only one meaning, whereas the term "daddy" has many meanings? fascinaiting.........so it's okay for someone to refer to their b/f, or husband as sugar daddy or big daddy, but not okay to refer to them as dada? 😃 very convenient indeed...........
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

😃 oh how convenient...........so dada has only one meaning, whereas the term "daddy" has many meanings? fascinaiting.........so it's okay for someone to refer to their b/f, or husband as sugar daddy or big daddy, but not okay to refer to them as dada? 😃 very convenient indeed...........

People do not normally refer to their boyfriends/ husbands are their Sugar Daddy unless if they are with them for money. Got it? ðŸ˜Š Seems like you are not familiar with the slang term.

Dada in Hindi means "Paternal Grandfather", Dada in Bengali means "brother", and Dada in English can be taken to be Daddy by an infant. 

You're trying to teach me linguistics. Perhaps you need to check your definitions before making arguments on connotations and denotations. 
ankit_nyc thumbnail

People do not normally refer to their boyfriends/ husbands are their Sugar Daddy unless if they are with them for money. Got it? ðŸ˜Š Seems like you are not familiar with the slang term.

Dada in Hindi means "Paternal Grandfather", Dada in Bengali means "brother", and Dada in English can be taken to be Daddy by an infant. 

You're trying to teach me linguistics. Perhaps you need to check your definitions before making arguments on connotations and denotations. 

😃 wrong again........"dada" in hindi doesn't only mean paternal grandfather......it can also mean a hooligan........ever heard the dialogue in hindi movie "yaha ka dada hein tu kya"........they are not saying are you the paternal grandfather here, they are saying are you the hooligan here? 😃 You fail to realize that just like the term "daddy" has many meanings in a language, and just like the term "dada" has many meanings in HIndi, the term dada also has many meanings in Bengali..........😃

PS --- the term "dada" in english doesn't mean daddy by a baby only....there is a whole different meaning for dada in english as well.......it's actually a whole movement.....😃 glad I could help.............Asha ji calls her ex hubby "da" without meaning brother, girls all over India call Ganguly Dada without meaning brother, and Geeta calls MIthun "dada" without meaing brother.........😃
Edited by ankit_nyc - 13 years ago