Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
@Ksh/Fatty: I agree with you guys.....especially about the closing of current threads and moving on to new ones.....I can see why they want to hold on to Kala in every sense cuz she's a fantastic villain....AG plays her superbly....but the suspending of disbelief can only go so far vis a vis her character......and there is only so much that ppl will stomach intermittently.....right now everyone is "tolerating" Kala as they await the imminent DN reunion.....but what then? What's long term?? This reunion will mark Dutta basically getting over his biggest prejudice/issue with Nakku regarding the FR.....but after that, I would love to see the return of Morey or a character like that so that atleast the issue of all these random men leching after "apsara" Nakku since ages is addressed.....that has magically been brushed under the carpet post the FR cuz ofcourse the focus was on the angst b/w DN based on Dutta's prejudices but I would love for them to revisit the trauma that Nakku has gone through, Dutta realizing that and being there for her, saving her this time.

LTL being LTL is in drag mode as it goes from time to time.....the useless epis this week have dragged down our spirits despite the glimpses of Dutta and only some GENUINE movement next week would do some good.....many times in the past, LTL has surprised us just when we've thought all is lost....here's hoping that happens this time as well......

I may get chappals thrown at me for this but personally I don't want this show to continue beyond its lifespan as just a random vehicle of "romantic/hawt" DN scenes......that will only end up messing with the essence of the characters with overkill.....DN have had a STORY that goes far and above mere romance....I wouldn't want them to lose that essence.

Edited by nureat01 - 13 years ago
naadanmasakalli thumbnail
@ anu i agree with the whole dragfest with dupata romance or song seq god it makes me puke so much those big eye locks for half the episode and duppata playing is so meh  Pukeworthy if i may say so  & makes me change the channel most of the time lmao i like this show because it has romance but it's very different the rawness and the simplicity makes it work  it's not a typical saas bahu saga either though if kala continues her mission  then meh frankly these days or past month i felt i m watching dulhan all over again where sindoora basically wanted to kill sagar as he was the step brother and everything was his so she made him mental and tried killing him like forever and how vidya was his savior it's pretty much same here so they need to now send kala to rehab lmao and move onto something different & new 

p.s we need such a thread here too to show these cv;s what blunders they r making caz it did workd for BHPH and dang in today's epi they sort of redeemed their crazy stuff a lil bit 

https://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1591569">https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1591569 

Edited by -Fizzylicious- - 13 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
@Anu: I would for one would LOVE for them to address Naku's issues. They have been addressing Dutta's issues for a year now. We as viewers have been waiting for him to give to the relationship. They had the scope to do it before their wedding but now its too late. I feel that cant happen as long as Tasha are in PN/Patilwadi as the king and queen. I mean who would lech after Dutta bhau's wife? The villagers would prolly stone the guy who dares to do so. So I feel a change of scene is required for them...for this they can actually have this undercover cop/Morey come after Dutta and Tasha make a run for it and are forced to live in a basti among new people. Only then we will see some interesting reactions from the characters. Prolly if they want they can keep Kala involved by making her team up with Dutta's detractors. That would be acceptable after her current activities are exposed.
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: kshreya2002

@Fatty: When I started watching this show I never imagined that it would be such a drag-fest. The idea of the male lead being a don gave scope for a dramatic life both for him and Nakusha. I remember I used to dicuss with Fivr around Feb-Mar as to how this show has just the right pace and hatke reactions from people. That is till IPL 3 started and drag fest started with it. But since that drag-fest the show enevr really came out of the drag mode except made 1-2 weeks in between when the show moved really fast like when Kala got kicked out. Even now I feel the show has lots of potential even if they close the current main tracks ie Tasha reunion and exposing Kala. But looks like someone higher up is convinced it wont work so they are hell-bent in dragging out what they have. Unfortunately the trps have been good despite the drag-fest so I see no let up. Just hoping that all our mails over the last week would have driven some sense into them *Desperate muh*

You're right, Ksh...with Indian television this is a huge problem though, especially with the format of a daily...the concept has scope, but the fact that there is no concrete planning to fall back on and align their movement towards a certain 'end goal' is what leads to constant stretching in any manner and resorting to age-old cliches in order to extend and stall the inevitable. Isn't IPL about to start soon once again? I dread to think of what will happen...will someone like PM who already has other commitments ever agree to come back in those kind of circumstances? 

Originally posted by: nureat01

@Ksh/Fatty: I agree with you guys.....especially about the closing of current threads and moving on to new ones.....I can see why they want to hold on to Kala in every sense cuz she's a fantastic villain....AG plays her superbly....but the suspending of disbelief can only go so far vis a vis her character......and there is only so much that ppl will stomach intermittently.....right now everyone is "tolerating" Kala as they await the imminent DN reunion.....but what then? What's long term?? This reunion will mark Dutta basically getting over his biggest prejudice/issue with Nakku regarding the FR.....but after that, I would love to see the return of Morey or a character like that so that atleast the issue of all these random men leching after "apsara" Nakku since ages is addressed.....that has magically been brushed under the carpet post the FR cuz ofcourse the focus was on the angst b/w DN based on Dutta's prejudices but I would love for them to revisit the trauma that Nakku has gone through, Dutta realizing that and being there for her, saving her this time. 

LTL being LTL is in drag mode as it goes from time to time.....the useless epis this week have dragged down our spirits despite the glimpses of Dutta and only some GENUINE movement next week would do some good.....many times in the past, LTL has surprised us just when we've thought all is lost....here's hoping that happens this time as well......

I may get chappals thrown at me for this but personally I don't want this show to continue beyond its lifespan as just a random vehicle of "romantic/hawt" DN scenes......that will only end up messing with the essence of the characters with overkill.....DN have had a STORY that goes far and above mere romance....I wouldn't want them to lose that essence. 

@bold: Couldn't agree more, so well put! 

@red: That would be a BRILLIANT track :worship:

@orange: :yeah:
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: kshreya2002

@Anu: I would for one would LOVE for them to address Naku's issues. They have been addressing Dutta's issues for a year now. We as viewers have been waiting for him to give to the relationship. They had the scope to do it before their wedding but now its too late. I feel that cant happen as long as Tasha are in PN/Patilwadi as the king and queen. I mean who would lech after Dutta bhau's wife? The villagers would prolly stone the guy who dares to do so. So I feel a change of scene is required for them...for this they can actually have this undercover cop/Morey come after Dutta and Tasha make a run for it and are forced to live in a basti among new people. Only then we will see some interesting reactions from the characters. Prolly if they want they can keep Kala involved by making her team up with Dutta's detractors. That would be acceptable after her current activities are exposed.

No actually I don't see there was scope to do this before the wedding.....the FR ended up happening after the wedding so before that toh chance hi nahin tha....he needed to see fair Nakku and THEN her lifestory should unfold in front of him....she's never told him much....but Dutta is too involved with his own feelings of pain/betrayal right now which is even understandable....after this resolution from Dutta, I see scope for bringing in that storyline about Nakku.....I anyways expect it to be some outside enemy of Dutta's who tries to lech after Nakku....villagers se thodi yeh sab expect karenge....lol....there is no dearth of Dutta's enemies in that sense.....Anna instantly turned lechy on seeing Nakku....I'm sure they can find more of the same😆......A change of scene wouldn't be bad either....but I don't really see that happening unless these two end up getting stranded in the middle of nowhere somehow and then end up living in some basti or whatever then....I don't see Dutta hiding from a cop like that in a basti....especially don't see him running from Patilwadi....the villagers would burn down the entire police force if they even tried to touch Dutta....lol

Yeah the only way to keep Kala involved is to show her teaming up with more of Dutta's enemies...but I don't know what twist they'll manage to keep her in the house after her current activities are exposed....last time they used the DP storyline....but now I don't see anything for her if she gets exposed....dunno
naadanmasakalli thumbnail

No actually I don't see there was scope to do this before the wedding.....the FR ended up happening after the wedding so before that toh chance hi nahin tha....he needed to see fair Nakku and THEN her lifestory should unfold in front of him....she's never told him much....but Dutta is too involved with his own feelings of pain/betrayal right now which is even understandable....after this resolution from Dutta, I see scope for bringing in that storyline about Nakku.....I anyways expect it to be some outside enemy of Dutta's who tries to lech after Nakku....villagers se thodi yeh sab expect karenge....lol....there is no dearth of Dutta's enemies in that sense.....Anna instantly turned lechy on seeing Nakku....I'm sure they can find more of the same😆......A change of scene wouldn't be bad either....but I don't really see that happening unless these two end up getting stranded in the middle of nowhere somehow and then end up living in some basti or whatever then....I don't see Dutta hiding from a cop like that in a basti....especially don't see him running from Patilwadi....the villagers would burn down the entire police force if they even tried to touch Dutta....lol

Yeah the only way to keep Kala involved is to show her teaming up with more of Dutta's enemies...but I don't know what twist they'll manage to keep her in the house after her current activities are exposed....last time they used the DP storyline....but now I don't see anything for her if she gets exposed....dunno

IF they have to keep Kala in than maybe they can show her being successful for once in her evil plans and somehow kicking DN out of PN and than them going & living somewhere where she has to go through the pain all over again & Dutta realizing why was it necessary for her to not show her true color as in it was her majboori   &  Kala needs a strong partner in this someone who can  influence the basti ke log otherwise it's no use and god knows how much drag it'll be

p.s hope u guys r not minding me butting into ur convo & annoying ya peepz sorry if i am
TheRager thumbnail
@Fatty: Not only IPL but this year we have the cricket world cup too. The WC starts mid-Feb and ends mid-March and the IPL begins soon afterwards till May end. So the good news is that LTL is safe till May end atleast from the Colors chopping block but that also means a drag fest for LTL.
I also feel even if the CVs INITIALLY had a story in mind once the show starts doing well TRP-wise the channel/PH makes a judgement as to what's clicking and try to drag that aspect as much as possible. Like they did with the FR.

@Anu: I feel LTL has been a different show...the expectations from it is different. Very obvious from the forum crowd. We dont have DMG style fangirls here who are out for hawt scenes and nor is the forum too dull like some other shows which are doing great trp wise but primarily appeal to oldies. LTL mostly appeals to women in the 20-40 age group who have seen it all in terms of soaps and want some variety thru good writing and acting. I guess all of us want LTL to finish at some logical point rather than drag on endlessly. The makers have more or less stuck to appealing to this crowd rather than try and capture the housewives or teen market. And surpringly the show has done pretty well so far...
sub_rosa thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Dutta himself might want to leave PN after getting to know about Kala! He wouldn't throw Kala out under any circumstances because of the DP factor! I too, am hoping for a change of scene now!
TheRager thumbnail

They had to tackle Naku's issues post FR only...that I agree. But they could have done the FR before the second wedding and then suspended their wedding plans till Dutta accepted Naku in her fair avatar and in the meantime tackled her issues. But since after both wedding they chose to focus on Dutta's issues he ends up looking selfish.
TheRager thumbnail
@Fizzy: The more the merrier! Welcome to the LTL forum since I havent seen you around. Btw do you really believe Kala can actually throw Dutta out of PN? She is scared of the guy.