Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rayjst thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: make-believe

Hmm, I've always thought it to be the other way around...that Seema went away and to survive there she had to succumb to such a profession. The Patils very much live in the same area still, I think...with that cursed lake being close enough to go to. Also from what I understand, Seema has just now 'returned' to Patil Wadi after 7/10 years from wherever she went to...so it's understandable that she might have thought that Dutta was still the same as before, but now that she makes frequent visits to the Gaon Devi temple which I think is very much a part of Patil Wadi, it's only realistic that she at least overhears about who runs the area and is so revered there...

I think there is a story behind all of this...why and how Seema came back to Patil Wadi, along with the background of prostitution, but they just aren't bothering to build on it and would rather drag forever *shrugs* You know, I wonder if she will eventually even end up being a prostitute or not...the articles said so, but it's been a while since that and nothing in the show has pointed to it as of yet...maybe they are trying to make it a 'shock' for the viewers when it's eventually revealed, but c'mon...some foundation work NEEDS to be done with the Seema/Dutta track here because otherwise there's just so many things coming across as loopholes right now...

They tried to drag the FR out as much as possible and many people were irked because of that, and now if they try to do the same with Kala, it's going to be such a pity. They need to realize that it's OKAY to use your plot devices to the best and most explosive of their potential and then MOVE ON with something new. Kala's track and scheming has reached a saturation point and it's on a high right now...dumbing down your other characters and loosing all the credibility of your story is not worth it to extend use of that plot device for 3 or 4 or 5 more months. Expose Kala's scheming nature in a month and half and either get her kicked out of PN (possibility there to return later by teaming up with someone like Morey) or keep her in PN while she is trashed and then ignored by everyone...move on to other stories, whatever they are...whether a new enemy, return of old enemies, BH, introduction of a cop, Baaji's lovestory, life in a chawl...whatever! And I am still obviously all for the culmination of the show in tops 6 months so that they don't start getting desperate and convolute the essence of the story and characters.

Nakku getting amnesia *barfs* They are so focused on showing her ascendancy as Dutta's queen that to show her even thinking of Kala (doubting toh door ki baat hai) has totally gone out the window...Baaji's amnesia was still (conveniently) explained with Kala's fake 'reformation' in front of everybody...if they plan on pulling the same card to show something similar with Nakku...πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

@bold she is definitely a courtesan, remember that pic of hers in a courtesan's costume, that was taken in PN nd the jewelry that she is wearing are also the ones Seema wears, probably for a look test. Plus the way she dresses nd the guy she calls kaka, the one who saved Dutta all seem to indicate that only......

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1313256&TPN=103
the one in the end that megha posted
Edited by rayjst - 13 years ago
rayjst thumbnail

Originally posted by: kshreya2002

If MR would have left the shoow we too would have done the same so no scope to get tortured!

I was planning on watchin Baji bits if MR had left, but the way his character is getting butchered up in these past few episodes, I think I wouldn't have watched it even for him then...

When did the 'Naku Vahini' track start exactly, the first time Naku said "Baji, ghadi nikal, yeh DSP ke patni ka hukum hai" was only because she was concerned for Dutta, not then I am sure...I guess it's like it was already pointed out, during nd after the drunk-slap phase... First off Naku received extra ordinary intelligence nd somehow thrashed Kala's plan of getting her drunk, nd "Mein Babi ki beti hain" lines. Or even before that😲😲😲, think about after the FR track ended nd Dutta changed from his Wedding dress into DSP attire, they started playing the 'Karvesu dasi..' song as background back then itself.After that Kala came nd did her FR, that she is behind all stuff bad in D's life(even Kala's chara went ooc after that, murder attempt at Dutta nd all). Ok, after that came the Naku saving Dutta bits with the DSP ki patni line nd all nd after that the drunk-slap scene...

After tht, the most ridiculous bit, Naku asking the BGs "Saab kaha hai" , "Chaabi do mujhe" nd then the Jeep scene, how a girl who has no clue how to drive miraculously did it in just one night nd that too a Jeep... Baji's chara got butchered there also, he could have driven but they had to show Naku driving to establish that Naku is very skilled.... Nd Baji's speech to AS after that, with repeated references to 'Naku Vahini' nd how gallant she was nd how evn Dutta was impressed with her. Since when does he call her Naku Vahini, he used to cal her Naku only nd occasionally Vahini, but nowadays it's mostly Naku Vahini....

The pooja before D left, you know what it remineded me of, the pooja that Rajaputra women used to do before men were to leave for battle, there was no love there, jst the pride nd an attempt at showing these two characters as eqully capable in battle...Now, I don't know what to say of this, I appreciate women being more successful than men a looooooooooooooooooot, but there was something that seemed so out of place about it with the whole story.......Not sure......

Nd den after D's accident, how she was telling Baji, "Dande ke usool badalne hoge" nd her trip to the police station, that officer giiving them an intro while explaining to the commissioner "Uska ek right hand man hai Baji Rao Patil aur abhi abhi uski shaadi hui thi aur uske wife ka naam hai Nakusha Dutta Patil" nd right the their jeep screeh halts...After that, Naku barges into the commissioner's room like she owns the place, couldn't believe this was the same girl who used to shiver like anything when Morey's name itself was mentioned...

Nd then then incident with the villagers, first the villagers showing support to their Naku Vahini, then she stopping them from attacking the police station, nd last but not least, the last 2 episodes.....

Nd Naku taking a gun and pointing it at Chaskar, not to mention Baji handing it to her...Is this the same girl who was freaked out like anything when Dutta was interogating that guy during Anna;s track.... She couldn't even hold the gun proper, first time when Morey handed her one nd asked to shoot someone nd the next time when Dutta asked her to shoot him....

I do appreciate Naku for not shedding bucket loads of tears whenevr she is faced with a difficult situation, for being persistent, for being understanding nd brave.... She is very much brave nd courageous but nowadays she is being portrayed as some sort of a super women, who would take care of her family as well as take over as Dutta's successor, nd tht jst doesn't seem rightπŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”.................If she had that kind of super powers, her mother wouldn't had to apply soot to cover up her face all this time....I miss that sweet young girl who was hopelessly in love with this Don with a golden heart.....................

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx1kk08Zru8[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by rayjst - 13 years ago
rayjst thumbnail

Originally posted by: nureat01

@Ksh/Fatty: I agree with you guys.....especially about the closing of current threads and moving on to new ones.....I can see why they want to hold on to Kala in every sense cuz she's a fantastic villain....AG plays her superbly....but the suspending of disbelief can only go so far vis a vis her character......and there is only so much that ppl will stomach intermittently.....right now everyone is "tolerating" Kala as they await the imminent DN reunion.....but what then? What's long term?? This reunion will mark Dutta basically getting over his biggest prejudice/issue with Nakku regarding the FR.....but after that, I would love to see the return of Morey or a character like that so that atleast the issue of all these random men leching after "apsara" Nakku since ages is addressed.....that has magically been brushed under the carpet post the FR cuz ofcourse the focus was on the angst b/w DN based on Dutta's prejudices but I would love for them to revisit the trauma that Nakku has gone through, Dutta realizing that and being there for her, saving her this time.

LTL being LTL is in drag mode as it goes from time to time.....the useless epis this week have dragged down our spirits despite the glimpses of Dutta and only some GENUINE movement next week would do some good.....many times in the past, LTL has surprised us just when we've thought all is lost....here's hoping that happens this time as well......

I may get chappals thrown at me for this but personally I don't want this show to continue beyond its lifespan as just a random vehicle of "romantic/hawt" DN scenes......that will only end up messing with the essence of the characters with overkill.....DN have had a STORY that goes far and above mere romance....I wouldn't want them to lose that essence.

@Anu: I would for one would LOVE for them to address Naku's issues. They have been addressing Dutta's issues for a year now. We as viewers have been waiting for him to give to the relationship. They had the scope to do it before their wedding but now its too late. I feel that cant happen as long as Tasha are in PN/Patilwadi as the king and queen. I mean who would lech after Dutta bhau's wife? The villagers would prolly stone the guy who dares to do so. So I feel a change of scene is required for them...for this they can actually have this undercover cop/Morey come after Dutta and Tasha make a run for it and are forced to live in a basti among new people. Only then we will see some interesting reactions from the characters. Prolly if they want they can keep Kala involved by making her team up with Dutta's detractors. That would be acceptable after her current activities are exposed.

@both WordπŸ‘πŸΌ !!!
AreYaar thumbnail

but LTL certainly stands out for the way their characters Dutta and Naku have evolved. As for romance I would personally love the 'shart' scene style romance where there was lot of sexual tension between the characters rarely seen on TV.

I agree.....the 'shart' scene was veryyyyyyyyy classily handled in terms of depicting sexual tension but my previous point was only about the fact that the romance needs to be handled classily and woven into the storyline....and after a point when nothing is left in the story, I don't want this show to drag on just cuz ppl want to endlessly see DN "romance".....THEN the ESSENCE of the romance gets lost.....up till this point, DN have had a brilliant well fleshed out storyline woven in with a very rare kind of subtle, soulful romance....that is what I don't want to see being lost in the haze of "hawtness" of the typical variety that flourishes on TV and most ppl seem to love.....that is not DN in my eyes.
Edited by nureat01 - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: incandescence

@bold...Huh?! I thought nothing major happened this week. And I did read the updates...ok...just went through them (w
ith half closed eyes) but Dutta's HEIR? As in.....?? πŸ˜• And Baji handing Nakku the gun to point at Chaskar?! Good thing Dutta isn't there to see that....Baji ki toh shamat ajati....'Ab tu Gun chalana bhi bhool gaya hai?' πŸ˜†

I think I'll have to watch these epis...

Dutta's "heir" matlab in the past few epis they've been focussing more on showing how Nakku can be an "heir" in a sense to Dutta's legacy....how the love and respect that the ppl have for Dutta carries over to Nakku and they start worshipping her.....that's what they've been showing.

Dude I don't think you should bother watching these epis.....I myself regret watching them.....I was better of not watching only....utter bakwaasiyat and waste of time......hoping for a pick up in the show next week.