Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shizaru thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

depends on how well she speaks it and with whom she converses? why do you not like her punjabi?  they speak english, Seemaji doesnt understand it but they all still continue........Dolly the dhol........speaks punjabi to the following people who are also punjabi......khali the kotha, sameer the santh........veena the vishkaniyan.........

goswami the guddha is also a punjabi and she used to speak in punjabi with him too......

is there a problem with conversing in your mother tongue with fellow brothers and sisters who dont share the same mother but do the tongue.......its bonding..........and as its not disimilar to hindi its cant be seen as code language............woh kaun sa kambal meh mu karkeh baatheh kartheh hain...........its all out in the open............

rant over, please note its tongue in cheek so if one of your favourites have been called a kotha guddha dhol  or santh.........maafi in advance ji
Edited by Shizaru - 13 years ago
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I love it Punjabi is a lovely language! But it's a fusion of both Punjabi & Hindi, not pure Punjabi! Though i'm hundred percent certain that her swearing is in Punjabi which is always bleeped out :)..If they didnt censor it the mild hearted viewers would shut the tv out of shock :)
Shizaru thumbnail
Originally posted by: prodigy007

I love it Punjabi is a lovely language! But it's a fusion of both Punjabi & Hindi, not pure Punjabi! Though i'm hundred percent certain that her swearing is in Punjabi which is always bleeped out :)..If they didnt censor it the mild hearted viewers would shut the tv out of shock :)

i feel it sounds like fusion because when you are swapping between two languages all the time then like Veenaji aap na idhar keh retheh ho na udhar de rendeh aah!! 😉
lilymily thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Shizaru

depends on how well she speaks it and with whom she converses? why do you not like her punjabi?  they speak english, Seemaji doesnt understand it but they all still continue........Dolly the dhol........speaks punjabi to the following people who are also punjabi......khali the kotha, sameer the santh........veena the vishkaniyan.........

goswami the guddha is also a punjabi and she used to speak in punjabi with him too......

is there a problem with conversing in your mother tongue with fellow brothers and sisters who dont share the same mother but do the tongue.......its bonding..........and as its not disimilar to hindi its cant be seen as code language............woh kaun sa kambal meh mu karkeh baatheh kartheh hain...........its all out in the open............

rant over, please note its tongue in cheek so if one of your favourites have been called a kotha guddha dhol  or santh.........maafi in advance ji

lol..:P....I love her talking in Punjabi coz I am a Punjabi myself. I just want to know whether ppl like it or not. Goswami is not punjabi, I am a punjabi and we don't consider goswami as punjabi.
As per my knowledge, goswami's are Sanyasis or now termed as brahmins(those who intend to marry).
Edited by lilymily - 13 years ago
Shizaru thumbnail
Originally posted by: lilymily

lol..:P....I love her talking in Punjabi coz I am a Punjabi myself. I just want to know whether ppl like it or not. Goswami is not punjabi, I am a punjabi and we don't consider goswami as punjabi.
As per my knowledge, goswami's are brahmins.

lillymiily dont be silly and bring cast creed and religion into it......and take it from me he is punjabi, my surname is jones, that doesnt mean im not punjabi
lilymily thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Shizaru

lillymiily dont be silly and bring cast creed and religion into it......and take it from me he is punjabi, my surname is jones, that doesnt mean im not punjabi

y not?...he is not punjabi, considering urself a punjabi and being a punjabi is different. If u consider urself punjabi doesn't mean u r punjabi for the rest of the punjabis. Definitely, caste and everything matters. There are so many ppl in Delhi (esp..Sharma, Vats, Kalra) who claim to be punjabi but we as punjabis never accept them as punjabi coz that's not who u r even if u speak or live in punjabi community. Get ur facts right as Goswami's are not punjabis.
mpc.sofar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
While I don't mind the Punjabi itself, it is another evidence of Bigg Boss's partiality. So many times in earlier seasons Bigg Boss has punished inmates for speaking regional languages. Aleena and Ketaki were scolded for speaking in Gujarati, Bhaktiyaar and Tanaaz too I guess.

Somehow in season 4, only BB's favourites are speaking regional languages so it is acceptable.

As per my knowledge, goswami's are brahmins.

Punjabi's can be Brahmin too
mpc.sofar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

y not?...he is not punjabi, considering urself a punjabi and being a punjabi is different. If u consider urself punjabi doesn't mean u r punjabi for the rest of the punjabis. Definitely, caste and everything matters. There are so many ppl in Delhi (esp..Sharma, Vats, Kalra) who claim to be punjabi but we as punjabis never accept them as punjabi coz that's not who u r even if u speak or live in punjabi community. Get ur facts right as Goswami's are not punjabis.

Brahmin has nothing to do with Punjabi. There are Punjabi Brahmins, Punjabi Baniyas etc. Punjab is a region - people native to that place are colloquially called Punjabi. Brahmin is a caste. They are independent.

It is like saying you live in the east so you cannot live in the south. South has nothing to do with east. This ignores the existence of south-east. Similarly your statement ignores the existence of Punjabi Brahmins.