Do you like Dolly talking in Punjabi?

Poll Choice
Yes
NO
Sometimes
Login To Vote
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by Shizaru

lillymiily dont be silly and bring cast creed and religion into it......and take it from me he is punjabi, my surname is jones, that doesnt mean im not punjabi

we have brahmins in Punjab.... who said we dont..... and we have many goswamis in punjab, we have Joshi in punjab (which is a subcaste of Maharashtrian people), we have mishras (who are biharis originally)..... We have goswamis too.... I had a classmate who was goswami and one of my other good friends is goswami.....
Anyone who lives in Punjab is a Punjabi......we are not talking about sikhs or hindus or muslims....
Punjab has a vast community of hindus, sikhs, christians, muslims..... and all those who have been settled there, are Punjabis...... I dont know how can some people just connect religion to the culture or society..... I am a Jatt Sikh, but I dont think Jatt Sikhs own Punjab..... Punjab is a state of multicultural socities..... so DEAL WITH IT!!!!
Edited by JattiTude - 13 years ago
Originally posted by lilymily

y not?...he is not punjabi, considering urself a punjabi and being a punjabi is different. If u consider urself punjabi doesn't mean u r punjabi for the rest of the punjabis. Definitely, caste and everything matters. There are so many ppl in Delhi (esp..Sharma, Vats, Kalra) who claim to be punjabi but we as punjabis never accept them as punjabi coz that's not who u r even if u speak or live in punjabi community. Get ur facts right as Goswami's are not punjabis.

youre response leaves us good punjabis in a very bad and almost biggotted light........end of conversation with you young lady......and as Sameer Paaji a fellow punjabi would say in my second language " watch your manners"

Mods feel free to lock this post as it would offend or instigate many members to take offense especially as reference has been made to caste and communities.........
I like all languages of Dollawa except the Beep Language..
Originally posted by mpc.sofar

Brahmin has nothing to do with Punjabi. There are Punjabi Brahmins, Punjabi Baniyas etc. Punjab is a region - people native to that place are colloquially called Punjabi. Brahmin is a caste. They are independent.

It is like saying you live in the east so you cannot live in the south. South has nothing to do with east. This ignores the existence of south-east. Similarly your statement ignores the existence of Punjabi Brahmins.
from wikipedia

Goswami is a title often bestowed on people who choose the path of Sannyasa. The sanyasins or disciples of Adi Shankaracharya are also called "Dash Nam", as the title Goswami is further divided into ten groups, viz., Giri, Puri, Ban, Bharti, Teerth, Asharam, Parvat, Sagar, Aranya, and Saraswati. 

So now, u tell me how are they punjabis or any other religion.
It's just that when they have lived in a particular place or born in a certain place...they associate themselves with that place, that's how they claim to be punjabi which doesn't literally mean they are punjabi. That's more of a colloquial term. 
i love it

if i would be there i woudl talk to hr and to khali only in punjabi

punjbaiyan di shan balle balle1
Well she does not speak pure Punjabi......and her accent is really bad.....it really annoys me the way she speaks such a sweet language.

from wikipedia

Goswami is a title often bestowed on people who choose the path of Sannyasa. The sanyasins or disciples of Adi Shankaracharya are also called "Dash Nam", as the title Goswami is further divided into ten groups, viz., Giri, Puri, Ban, Bharti, Teerth, Asharam, Parvat, Sagar, Aranya, and Saraswati. 

So now, u tell me how are they punjabis or any other religion.
It's just that when they have lived in a particular place or born in a certain place...they associate themselves with that place, that's how they claim to be punjabi which doesn't literally mean they are punjabi. That's more of a colloquial term. 

2 words - "title" and "often".

thanks for proving my point for me.
Originally posted by Shizaru

lillymiily dont be silly and bring cast creed and religion into it......and take it from me he is punjabi, my surname is jones, that doesnt mean im not punjabi
y not?...he is not punjabi, considering urself a punjabi and being a punjabi is different. If u consider urself punjabi doesn't mean u r punjabi for the rest of the punjabis. Definitely, caste and everything matters. There are so many ppl in Delhi (esp..Sharma, Vats, Kalra) who claim to be punjabi but we as punjabis never accept them as punjabi coz that's not who u r even if u speak or live in punjabi community. Get ur facts right as Goswami's are not punjabis.
[/QUOTE]

youre response leaves us good punjabis in a very bad and almost biggotted light........end of conversation with you young lady......and as Sameer Paaji a fellow punjabi would say in my second language " watch your manners"

Mods feel free to lock this post as it would offend or instigate many members to take offense especially as reference has been made to caste and communities.........
[/QUOTE]

well, definitely ppl like u feel offended when they are shown the facts, it has not to do with instigating someone but just the fact that u are not willing to accept ur defeat.

well, definitely ppl like u feel offended when they are shown the facts, it has not to do with instigating someone but just the fact that u are not willing to accept ur defeat.

yep im defeated by your  views.............please rejoice your win.....its a major achievement..........well done.......👏👏👏👏.........
Originally posted by mpc.sofar

2 words - "title" and "often".

thanks for proving my point for me.

sorry but still u haven't proven anything...LOL
anyone claiming to be punjabi doesn't mean he or she is. Caste and religion definitely matter.
Hence, in a literal sense Goswamis are not punjabis.

wikipedia
The Brahmins of the Punjab region are chiefly Saraswat Brahmins. They have a special association with the Punjab since they take their name from the river, Saraswati.

In Punjab, the Saraswat Brahmins are further divied into following main sections.

1. Panja jati (five families), A subgroup of Punjabi Brahmins whose surnames are Jaitly, Trikha, Kumoria, Jinghan, and Mohla.
  2. Barahis, This group belongs to the Shakadweepi Brahmins/ Maga Brahmins.
  3. Bawanjais, who marry among fifty-two houses only.
  4. Athwans (seven families/seveners) and include Joshis, Kurals, Bhanots, Sands, Pathaks, Bharadwajs, Shouries. These eight families marry among each other.
  5. Mohyals- the warrior brahmin race. 
  6. Bhaskars Gotra Vashisht, originating from a place "Badu ki Gusaiyaan" now in Pakistan.
Hence Proved that Goswami's don't even come under Punjabi Brahmins.
So, sad mpc.sofar...U LOST