Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MS.ATTITUDE thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
first of all
ladies loves to watch saas bahu masla's as they can get new ideas 4 their home front 😊

they r neva ending stories

new fashions introduce huty hain ju shayad hi koi follow kerta hu

baqi badd main 😊
WoHaXItZxAaKi thumbnail
i guess its cuz they start w/ a "K" lol 😆
hydrogurl001 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Ekta and her serials are just hopeless.
I'm giving up hope on the letter K.
Karan Johar even has all his movies (i think) with K, but his movies aren't as bad as Ekta's serials. 🤢

Ekta pays attention to her cast, not logic in her show
~*puja*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I don't know about how popular ekta serials are, but I love to watch them. Growing up here in america, I never had my whole family, cousins, nephews and nieces, uncles and aunties, here to celebrate all the holidays. Watching ekta serials allows me to see and understand all the holidays. Rindam explained it perfectly. Ekta serials are popular because of the extra effort to make it look really believe, or now unbelievable. The production of serials are done wonderfully, unlike other serials done before Ekta. Her serials upped the standards of how serials should be done. Personally, I love Ekta serials and hope she continues making great family serials.
jacktackle thumbnail
MAN I HATE EKTA'S SERIAL'S THEY SUCK BIG TIME
GOD! GIMME A BREAK! PPL WHO WATCHES THEM HAVE NO QUALITY AND BRAIN'S WHAT A WASTE!
THE BACKGROUND MUSIC PLAY'S WITH THE NERVEOUS SYSTEM OF A HUMAN BEING WHO'S NORMAL. EACH TIME TISHHHHHHHH TISHHHHHHHH ZAPPPPPPP ZAPPPPPPP DOOOOOOM DOOOOOOM WHT THE HELL!!!
SOMETIMES I WISH I HAVE AN OPTION TO MUTE THE BACKGROUND MUSIC OF EKTA'S SERIAL'S
I WANT EKTA TO WATCH ASTITVA AND LEARN FROM IT.
ONLY THING I LIKED OF EKTA IS "KYA COOL HAI HUM" THE MOVIE REST IS TRASH!
FALTU FALTU FALTU BAKWAS!!!!!!!!!!!!
FOR FUTURE UPDATE TURN ON TO ZEE SMILE AND HEAR IT FROM "ANGRY MOHAN" HE WILL EXPLAIN IT BETTER ABT EKTA'S SERIALS
bunmaska thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
👏 👏 wonderful topic.
The fact that this very topic is discussed over here goes to show how popular the dame is and her shows are 😉 .
The shows are popular mainly cause of the following reasons: 😛
1.) The wonderful fresh faces and talents whom we get to watch in her shows. 👏
The actors and actresses are just too good and people just don't bother about which way the story is heading.
2.) Gone are the days like the DD days where youngsters used to get to watch healthy shows which gave them interesting points to ponder about. The people are nowadays are not so naive like before and know what to watch and what to take with a pinch of salt. 😉
4.) The extensive settings and the costumes are a treat to watch.
Many a times her shows are trendsetters in terms of the costumes and jewellery though they maybe loud and garish at times
5.) All the krap 😉 as many times it is shown is shown in an interesting way which keeps the audiences glued 😕 .
6.) To get away from their daily routine people want twists and turns in their daily soaps.
7.) If the soaps were flawless in all respects there would not be anything to crib about in the daily soaps isn't it and cause of that very thing these forums are all so popular...what say 😉 .
😃 Having said that I am not a great fan of the way her soaps are moving but yeah love watching them for be it Ronit Roy, Hiten, Gauri, Iqbal Khan, Mohnish Behl, Sakhsi Tanwar, Smriti Irani and the list is endless.
But whatever it is we have to give it to the dame for setting up a 600 crore empire at such a young age. Hats off to her and her achievements. 👏 GOD Bless Her.
GOD Bless All. 😛
Love Lata 😆
Akshata thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
When I moved to HGK,Zee was the only private channel in India.Sony and Star Plus followed after a year or two.I happened to be in India when Kahaani Ghar... and Kyonki.. started.I thoroughly enjoyed them for nearly a year.I thought Ekta was a very smart lady who had caught the pulse of the masses.
Then followed a series of K serials.The beginning always seemed new and different;by the end of six months they all seemed the same.
Most of you have already mentioned all the happenings.

Now the Question"Why are Ekta's serials so popular?

ALL TV serials are illogical,but Ekta takes her audience into a real fantasy land and one can sit back and enjoy if one does not keep on looking for "real" and logical stuff.

She has brought back festivals and their celebration in to all homes,in India and abroad.She was the first one to show festival-related episodes.
She has made Zari sarees and jewellery very popular.
I was amused to hear my jeweller ask me if I wanted "Parvati's mangalsutra". 😆

Her USB for hit serials is that she introduces new talent in every serial.The actors are beautiful and talented.She supports them with experienced theatre artists and retd or sometimes not- so- successful film actors.She really knows how to sell old wine in a new bottle.

The audience has been not just swallowing what's dished out to them but actually relishing it;atleast that what the TRPs show.
Other channels have attempted newer themes but are not so popular.A very prominent journalist once analysed Ekta's success and said that her serials provide 100% entertainment.No strain on brain.
That doesn't mean they are all senseless.Every serial has some character that the audience loves and identifies with.

Ekta mainly caters to the masses in India.She is very clear on this.They are so involved with the story that write to her and demand that a certain character be brought back.It all started with Mihir from Kyonki coming back from the dead.Baa is so popular that the audience has made her immortal.

So,why shouldn't she continue the trend if it's getting her and the channel the money?

I am not a huge fan of hers and frankly I thought "Hum Paanch" was her best work and was good most of the time.It does not start with a K,so it's the people who are lapping up her stories and asking for more!!!!

Cheers
Parachute. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
i think she starts off with a story but wen it doesnt go well she relies on her study saas bahu story line..i mean cum on!!!!it gets soooooooooo boring!!!
i personally h8 her shws nw...same old story..nthng different..now remix...is the BEST!!!it new n a refreshing change!!!
hydrogurl001 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
yup. all ekta does is make a remix of all her shows, put them together in a different way. add a few final touches, and brings in the best actors she can find.
wa la. there's a freshly baked ekta serial 😛
netsavygirl thumbnail
I guess its because the lead pairs r always beautiful/handsome and lot of chemistry could be seen in all of  the lead pairs.

Ask me y I watch Ekta's serials, well the reason is,  just watch one episode per week and watch another episode next week, even then u can understand the whole story inspite of the fact that these serials  telecast 4/5 episodes per week. This saves me a lot of time instead of spending daily half an hour on each serial, u only need spend half an hour on each serial per week. 😆

If u r busy and couldnt catchup with ur daily serial, well no problem u will understand the whole story even after one month. Edited by netsavygirl - 18 years ago