Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sizzling_souls thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
very nice topic.
firstly,i think kta's serials r popular coz their starting is adiictive for 3 monts or so her new serials r superb n we add them in our daily routines. but then the same rona dhona. as u know indian houswives havn't got much 2 do at home their primary time pass is ekta plus aka starplus coz zee tv has good stories but the characters n their acting makes impossible 4 me n othr people too (hopefully)to watch those n rahi sony kii baat thy r repeating devi 4th time!! [8(] [8(] at the moment they hav only a few good serials n only 3 family dramas KYPh, ELAS & JJKN which i heard is gonna end soon! the only option left is star plus.

scondly, i watch her show coz of those lovely outfits that ladies wear including those dangling jwelleries.

thirdly, i watch it coz of those smart, dashing people that work 4 ekta like amna shariff aka kashish, old sujal aka rajeev khandewal.
if i tell the truth i don't like her serials a lot. my fav. is SAARTHI but unfortunately itt's not that popular wonder why? [:s]
eka's serial r only timepass nothing else same stories, if u watch 1 serial u can tell the story of hr other serials. sometimes main actress of her soap is helpless at other time she becomes brave like mata durga. first example is Tulsi.
guys i m sorry if i repeat anything coz i didn't go through all the pages n 2 ekta fans apni apni choice hoti hai if i like red color it doesn't mean the whole world likes its same with ekta's show if i don't like her soaps a lot doesn't mean that everyone dislikes them. in fact i think that ekta is a good lady that gave employment 2 lots of people n made their lives. [:D] [:D]
imemyself thumbnail

This is a very good topic ..and cheers to people who dare to say they are addicted to K soaps...

there was a time when kkusum began ...i watched it coz ....believe it or not i liked Abhay ....

And now i watch KYPH...coz i like Iqbal...

I guess personally the only thing i appreciate in ekta is HER CHOICE IN MEN ....

and may be she is successful coz ....she know how to lure her audiance ...she markets and packages her soaps well...

I mean to put life back in a dead KTH...she put Iqbal...her most popular leading man in it ...and wolla ..the show is getting back to life....

that is using ones assets...

She is a very shrewd business woman ..and she is doing good...her aim is not to provide good entertainment but too earn money ...and she is definately doing that ...

If one asks me ....I think soaps should be banned and meaningful 13 episodes serials shud make a come back ....meaningul short stories that remain in memories...

mE
krishi123 thumbnail
i totally agree with u...all her shows are very intresting when it starts and then it turns into the same old story...the lovers can never become one...pregnancies and miscarriages....but the fact that u want to see how it ends compeles u to watch all her nonsensicle episodes. so it doesnt matter when i say i dont like ekta and her shows, i still watch them.
i hope they banned the soaps and have 13 to 52 episode limits for every show on tv.
Ekta's magic formula 😃

Nafrat

Pyaar

Consumation

Pregnancy

Breakup

Rona Dhona

Miscarriage

Marrying someone else

divorce

Marrying someone else again

divorce

Marriage for original lovers

The End

And it continues...............

😆 😆 😆
sweetrani_neha thumbnail

Nice topic Priya di😊

• Do you like the K Soaps:

I do watch the K soaps but can't really say I am a diehard fan of them because most times they evoke frustration from my side. I've watched Kyunki from its very first episode... I guess watching Kyunki has become a habit since my whole family sits and watches it together (we rent it on video) so I just join them. Lately though I've found myself just reading the story online to keep up with the story since I moderate the forum.. as I have no interest to watch a murder case, though interesting at first, has been dragging on for months and a lady over a year pregnant who barely looks 3 months🤢! Someone give her a pillow for God's sake😆😆😆 I think I'm more addicted to Kyunki forum then Kyunki itself😳

As for other K shows, KTH was a favorite of mine.. fresh.. nto saas-bahu tupe... that too I watched from Day 1... but now it's utter crap (sorry no other word for it😳). I think I stopped watching when Rajeev left... but that was also when the story went haywire. I also loved KA.. and still keep up with the story but that too is different from what it used to be...

• Are these shows really that popular? Has Ekta caught the right nerve of the Indian audience? Is this what we want to see in our television?:

Well it's TRPs sure are high so I guess they are popular with the general Indian audience. This may not be what we want to really see but this is all that is basically shown. People what to just watch television in general.... Saas-bahu sagas dominate Indian television... what other choice do people have??

• It cant just be the K factor. What is it, that makes her show so talked about. (I dont want to use the word popular):

I think the actors have a great deal to do with it. Actors such as ROnit Roy, Smriti Irani, Rajeev Khandelwal (when unfortunately part of the K team), Hiten and Gauri Tejwani, Eijaz Khan.. etc etc... all have struck a cord with the audience so many do watch for the sake of fan loyalty.

The rest is just addiction I guess. They turned on the TV saw an episode.. might have been boring and senseless (ok it is boring and senseless😆) but people have nothing better to do and just need something to play on the TV in front of them.. and apparently and sadly enough Ekta's saas-bahu is all that's on. Time pass.

Edited by sweetrani_neha - 18 years ago
krangara thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
The question should be: Why is ANY show popular? lolzzzz

JJKN or Astitva are no better than Kekta's serials...lolzz

But, to answer your Q, its the performers that the audience love.....Ekta has a knack of picking the best performers and the best couples!
A.S.P.I.R.E thumbnail
OMG! I always wondered that too .. ! 😆 😆
I seriously dun know .. A lotta people should actually question themselves while watching her shows .. ! 😃
1 n only-rajeev thumbnail
if i ever cum 2 know the main reason.....i swear guys...i'll break the magic formula 😉

......but 1 reason is that every1 watches them....serials are for entertaintment but ppl. these days dnt just see it ...they are more concerned about wat's going in the shows than their own life...
charu_81 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Kewl topic......... 😛..Well said  everyone....👏
Do you like the K Soaps.   
No way.. 😡 I admit i was a addict of Kyunki..Bcoz there was a consistency in it..But later on even it became nothing more than a crap...I left watching that serial..

Are these shows really that popular? Has Ekta caught the right nerve of the Indian audience? Is this what we want to see in our television?

Iam really surpised at the TRP's of her shows.......I bet once her main shows Kyunki,Kahaani,Kasauti is over and if she starts some new shows same like Kyunki,KTH,KZK..then nobody will watch her new shows..People watch it bcoz they are addicted..They themselves know how bad is her show.....

It cant just be the K factor. What is it, that makes her show so talked about. (I dont want to use the word popular
Yeah i agree.."Actors"

Now the new generation of serials came on track like programmes on Star One...These will replace all Ekta's serials in future...

Even Baa Bahoo aur Baby is a good programme with no rona-dhona,other ekta's ingredients..Saarrthi
is also a good serial...
Edited by charu_81 - 18 years ago
nish1 thumbnail
Hi Priya, nice topic and well said 👏. Anyway this is my 2cents.    

* Do you like the K Soaps.   
    I don't watch that many shows so I can't say it if I like her shows or not but yes I used to watch few shows but thanks to IF for keeping me update with who is gonna die and who is coming out of the grave 😆so I stopped. My bro and I request my mom to stopped watching this K dramas so we don't have to go through this torture too with her. I used to like them but that was like centuries ago 😆. I don't remember the last time I said wow I love this show   😃.

* Are these shows really that popular?
I won't lie on this question I think her shows are popular. Just look around how many members here are waiting for the update of her shows 😆 so I guess her shows are popular. As far as I know we all complain but still we wait for KYPH at 8 and KTH at 11 (I hope that's the right time) 😳   

Has Ekta caught the right nerve of the Indian audience?
I think she has. She knows how to attract the audience. Like you said Priya we get to know all the holidays and everything that kind of caught viewers attention. She also know how to celebrate those holidays. Did you guys notice she got shows for everyone like for gujarati, bengali, punjabi ets.. so she knows how to hold the audience.. And don't forget the hot actor she got 😆😳

Is this what we want to see in our television?
I don't think this is what we want to see. I don't want to see pregnancy before the marriage or extra marial affair or dying people coming back or how family members fight within the family. I think that's too much.. I feel like this is not what we want to watch and I think she has cross her line but still people do love it. I remember the last time when my mom was watching Kyunki..and they were celebrating I think 1000 episode (if I am not wrong) and they were asking audience if they should end this show or not and guess what was the audiences reply was "We want Kyunki to go on and on" come on people wake up and smell the coffee

* It cant just be the K factor. What is it, that makes her show so talked about. (I dont want to use the word popular )       
Tell u the truth she knows how to make her show talk of the town. I don't know if you guys notice but I always notice that everytime new show is coming up she always put some good promo on for that show and I also notice always the starting of her show is great. It always look nice in the beginning until her love triangle starts and someone dies and come back.. Come on give us break and make some normal show without any 2 or 3 marriages or without any affairs come on.. One more thing I notice about K shows that people talk about is clothes and Jewelleries 😆. I remember last year when I went to India and went to shopping.. The shopkeeper was like maam come on u have to like this.. this is our Tulsi's sari and this is parvati 😆 and I have seen my family members talk about that too so lot of people watch her shows for that too 😆

Anyway this is what I think about our Ekta mai but other than that I am clueless since I am not that connected to the world of Indian Television 😃 and sometime I feel like I am glad bez I don't think I can keep up with this that how many affairs mihir had or how many times Abhay got married and for how long Mehal pregnancy last 😆 Edited by nish1 - 18 years ago