Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

charu_81 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: nish1

I notice about K shows that people talk about is clothes and Jewelleries 😆. I remember last year when I went to India and went to shopping.. The shopkeeper was like maam come on u have to like this.. this is our Tulsi's sari and this is parvati 😆 and I have seen my family members talk about that too so lot of people watch her shows for that too 😆 

Exactly this happened to me also.I went to a shop to purchase Salwar-Kameez..The sales man showed me one dress and said this is Nandini's dress..I said what?..He clarified Nandini in Kyunki has worn the same dress...I asked is it second-hand dress..then i don't want it..............😆.He said "No mam..this is different ..only pattern is same"...

1 n only-rajeev thumbnail

Originally posted by: charu_81

Exactly this happened to me also.I went to a shop to purchase Salwar-Kameez..The sales man showed me one dress and said this is Nandini's dress..I said what?..He clarified Nandini in Kyunki has worn the same dress...I asked is it second-hand dress..then i don't want it..............😆.He said "No mam..this is different ..only pattern is same"...

no wonder ...tis year international trade fair in delhi pragati maidan had put up a sale of these jewellery n clothes n all women were like 😳 😳..including my mom....

all aunties whom i know always keep saying ...kashish wears awesome clothes.....

IndraDaga thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Its really a very cool topic to discuss...👏👏

* Do you like the K Soaps?

I dont watch any of the show but yes as in my family others watch the serial i m always updated as wht is Ekta Kapoor showing..... but b4 i used to watch KTH till RAJEEV KHANDELWAL was there, even i watched KUTUMB-1..... I personally think ppl shd stop watching all ekta's show and shd start watching all comedy shows on sab tv and shd watch star one.... and i m sure very soon every1 will realise tht instead of wasting time in this BAKWAAS serials they shd see something else, soemthing interesting........

* Are these shows really that popular?  

Yes i think tht these shows are really popular as ppl knw tht they are watching something which they dont want but yet they watch as they are used to it.... they want to see their fav. stars b4 going to bed.......

* Has Ekta caught the right nerve of the Indian audience? 

Ekta very well knws how to keep the audience see her all BAKWAAS show..... she gives a gud promo to all the shows.... next starting is so gud tht ppl love it and offcourse the characters.... and then starts her stupid sa story.... but yes in the middle she shows sometimes interesting as to not letting the viewers to stop watching her show........ and again tht stuoid story

* Is this what we want to see in our television?

I dont think this is wht we all want to see....

* It cant just be the K factor.  What is it, that makes her show so talked about.  (I dont want to use the word popular )

No its not only the K factor but its bcoz of her characters she brings in show.......

😊 I watch Remix in StarOne and BAA, BAHU AUR BABY on StarPlus..... 😊

IndraDaga thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: charu_81

Yes it happens when we go to buy some clothes or jewellery the shopkeeper will say this is the jewellery which KOMOLIKA is wearing or PRENA is wearing....

nish1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: priya

I dont watch any of the show but yes as in my family others watch the serial i m always updated as wht is Ekta Kapoor showing..... but b4 i used to watch KTH till RAJEEV KHANDELWAL was there

I am one of those too.. I didn't let Ekta's K factor get to me after Rajeev left the KTH.. I used to watch this show until he was there.. after that never ever did 🤢. I guess I am pure Rajeevian 😆😆😳
ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sim38

Very Good topic Priya. I cannot ans to your Questions bcoz i myself trying to find out the reasons for this for the last i yy, but here after reading all the posts i want to say something. Most of us really dont know that why they are watching it, bcoz they are confused and addicted.
Ronitfan and Lalit pointed out that these soaps are watched by Housewives who do not want to see intelligent soaps. then why Ronitfan is watching only KSKBT and KZK.what lesson these 2 serials are giving you, bigamy,polygamy,to and fro motions of lead ladies, unwed motherhood, .Spare the housewives. It has a combined effect on younger as well as older grps. KYPH,KTH are pop, bcoz they are youth centric.
Amisha pointed out that in India we dont have much choices. but it is not that. there are so many options but we Indians lack strong will power bcoz we are so emotional that we get involved with the characters so emotionally that we start living and dying for Tulsi Parvati, Prerna...Ab kya hoga bechari Tulsi ke saath, Ab Prerna kya karegi, Dekho Ba kitni achchi baatein batati hai, Hai becari Parvati sort, so much so that sometimes we forget our families also.
Butter cup said that KYPY is different but it is nothing only a replica of KTH,
Scorpion has correctly said that we watch it bcoz of fashion styles, makeup, costumes, sarees, jwellery... in todays world we all have become so fashion concious that all want to look best in best attire so mostly we try to copy them and Ekta has caught our nerves. Again and again this has been proved by these awards where in such categories winner is always Balaji prdn.She has

caught our nerves by playing with the sentiments of innocent viewers who have fallen in her trap.
   So it is a fact that nobody likes her show but still watch it bcoz of addiction. My dear freinds Time is not to kill but to take full advantage of that bcoz this is the only thing which cannot return to you again.

Hello Sim:)
You have asked me a question which I will very well answer..please read my post carefully and I know you will get my point..firstly..I am NOT a housewife..and I watch KZK n Kyunki only for my heart-throb Ronit Roy..and beleive me, when he's not on screen, my TV is on the mute mode!😆
Eijoo''s_Angel thumbnail
her serials r like smoking once u start u cant stop!too addictive!so even wne u realise how stupid u were to start smoking or in dis case start watchin kekta soaps u still can't stop urself frm doing so!
kbakshi thumbnail
I watch Ekta's shows for fun sake. There are many reasons: 1) Some time you want to laugh at the stupidity of the writer 2) Some time you are very sad for one or other reason and you want to weep and shed your tears. Ekta nows people like Tulsi's role. A great bhu of the family. Only Grandma understands her. We all love our grandma. I do not take her shows very serious. Nadani and Tanya are never going to deliver. If they deliver one of them has to die. Could be fake preganancy. God help everyone
ketaki_ry thumbnail
I dont think they are popular...

Ppl hv to watch them b'coz they are there all the time when u switch any indian channel.

Its quite sad actually that NO one goes to break trend and do something which has real entertainment in it - AND which is finit!
Rindam thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
s.priya your post was funny. All that you say is true.
I used to wonder what the fuss was about when my folks would constantly be fighting for the remote. Dad wanted to catch a rerun of the news with loads of action drama and comedy. Mom wanted to watch KSBKBT with loads of action drama and comedy too albeit in an unintended way.

Now recently maybe 6 months or less I am on India forums looking up updates on episodes I missed. I used to be a CSPAN (if you can believe it) audience, seminars and thought provoking debates much of the time.
But Ekta's serials for all the unebelievable scriptwriting have me hooked. I think the primary reason for me is that it brings home that much closer.

No we dont have lost and found babies, thank god, they are all safe and sound. Just the simple small things one does on the serials is what I love to watch, eating and getting excited about eating parathas (even though its that idiotic Nanda family doing it after someone just died at home). Celebrating Diwali or celebrating Dushshera with such fervor, it really is a good thing for me. And for my nieces and nephews they surely will learn Hindi because we dont speak it at home, there was no way they could have picked it up otherwise (None of my cousins growing up minus Ekta Serials and Indian TV do)

And the key thing is I can now understand where my mom comes from when she is being completely illogical and unreasonable. Its an Ekta thing-