Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sharanb thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
her shows are popular coz she has a rly hot cast!!!!!!!!
damsel111 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: buttercup

KYPH was different but for those who have watched shows like KTH or KUTUMB can switch of there TV's now.. history gonna repeat ... 😆

😆😆 history is repeating! i agree completely or wht abt Koi Dil Main Hai😉 if ne1 has seen it im sure u can figure out the similaritizz!😆😛

well al the points counted above r so so true 😳

im nah into kekta serialz but watch kumkum! that is another K serial 😆 but fortunately NO KEKTA BANNER N NO INFINITE WEDDINGZ OF THE LEADZ 😃😳 baki sab tu common he hai 😆 afterall al serialz r alike at 1 point or the other 😳

neway i believe most of us watch kekta serialz just cuz v lyk the actorz! well thats the only reason for me atleast! n honestly there is nuthing else in them 😳.. just sum gud lookin actorz!!

ager kisi ne story kaha tu 😆

Edited by damsel~~ - 18 years ago
qazi_luv thumbnail
bcoz it neva gets ova..and has lasted for 10 years for no reason...dat too with a pathetic story(all of them excluding kaisa yeh pyaar hai)
Tansha thumbnail
i think its popular becoz she makes her characters pregnant b4 marriage 😆 to logn stories..it runs for years and years 😆 😆 😆 well she plots it gud thts the reason...

Tansha
lalit1 thumbnail
who cares
the only reason it is popular
i m saying this as an TRP expert
is that housewives have the most time to kill
and they can continue to watch kekta bcos they have no other work
anybody who has an interseting life
outside the home wouldnt bother seeing kekta
only bored ppl can watch her boring serials

TRPs r a function of the total universe
kids watch CN
men watch sports
but thery have limited time to watch bcos of work and studies
whereas housewives have lots and lots of time with nothing else to do
so figure it out yourself
Well accordin to me all d K serials r hopeless.Dey just keep goin on and on and on till eternity.Pple have car crashes and die and come bac wid plastic surgery within weeks which i think is pathetic.Srsli i don't understand y they make such unbelievable serials.

KABHI KABHI MERE DIL MEIN KHAYAL AATA HAIN
KEY YEH BALAJI PRODUCTIONS ITNAY BAKWAS SERIALS KYON BANATA HAIN
Great post Priya, u r awwesome 😃

I guess we are all senti fools to watch 😆   😆
Malashetty thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Basically I feel it is we viewer's mindset that has kept these long running boring serials on,

As I have read many surveys & analysis thro out India & even overseas which proves the fact that viewers want such twists, tussels, interactions, mindsets running in serials like Nobody wants Baa to die, people specially mother-in-laws love to watch the hifi drama between mother-in-laws & Daughter-in-laws, as one survey done at national level suggests that afternoon slots pull high TRPs for this reason,

At the moment I have one write up why Sarkarr being a nice show about policitical vendetta & Kashish On zee being a nice serial with good actors like Simone singh failed as against Ekta's unbelieveble storyline & Bizzare setups & Twists & specially actors getup giving a atrocious look.

Anyways I Liked one serial for it's simplicity and reality is "Kkusum" but till Nausheen was there it was good then it went haywire finally it had an very bad end, or else it was the storyline with reality to believe.

Mala Shetty

Who dares to be different - loses
Every attempt to change the storyline of TV fiction ends in failure. That doesn't stop the likes of Kshitij from still trying.
Ritu Pandey
New Delhi, December 18: A star-studded cast, a celeb writer on its credits, foreign locations and controversies — just about everything to give a daily soap a perfect start. And they did deliver: Sarrkar, the political drama on Zee TV raked in a relatively high TRP for its first episode. With a fair resemblance to a famous political family, Sarrkar told the story of Priyamvada Pratap Singh, who is torn between her family and her love of power. Two months on air and the ratings slid. The story meandered into the 'family' clich‚s — a family bound by traditions and sanskaar, the devoted wife, the straying husband, the jealous other woman - and several black sheep of the family. In this 'political' drama anything and everything that happens, happens to the CM's family. There are no sub-plots. Till now the CM and her family have been subject to three murders, a kidnapping, an elopement, several blackmailings, and now there's a terrorist in their midst. No wonder then, Sarrkar received this year's Indian Telly Award for the Best Ensemble! And promptly it's going in for more changes to bring it in line with other soaps. Nothing new. Remember Sanjivani completed three years only after it morphed into a family soap from a medical drama. But when a daily is brought to you with a Shobha De tag, you somehow expect a 'different' product. "I can understand the credibility a writer brings in but I wouldn't want to comment on any one in particular. Every experiment brings along some lifeboats — family being one of them. So every time an experiment fails that's the best option to turn to. Something like Jassi, imagine if it hadn't worked. Even today, it is being carried forward like a family drama," comments producer-director, Ravi Rai. Rai has been quoted intentionally. He is one of those who didn't change his plot when his experiments failed. Kshitij on Sahara One is one such failed experiment. In its second run now, it is the story of an ageing trade union leader turned politician and the troubles he invites once he begins listening to his conscience. Kshitij was one of the very first dailies when Sahara Manoranjan was launched four years ago. It wasn't a success then and doesn't make any great claims now. But it is different: there are no trappings of today's ostentatious daily soaps — Kshitij has minimalist sets, sparingly made-up artists, simple dialogues and a relatively anonymous cast except for faces like Anuj Saxena and Gautami Gadgil. Kshitij sees the directorial debut of Ravi's younger brother Anand Rai who assisted his brother for many years. He now directs Bombay Talking on Zee English, India's second English soap after A Mouthful of Sky. Anand delivers subtly and credit clearly goes to the crisp screenplay, written by Abhiram Bhadkamkar, the man who gave us soaps like Sparsh and Teacher. Winner of several award-winning plays and Marathi films, Bhadkamkar, no longer writes for television. Another Ravi Rai regular, Prajakti Deshmukh, is also a part of the show as producer and actor. Prajakti too has left the TV industry. Rai, himself, went into hibernation for almost three years after the original Kshitij. He resurfaced recently with Kashish, only to learn that his kind of stories now need to catch up with Ekta Kapoor's style of production. The big question a soap like Kshitij raises is why many creative and talented people just left the TV industry at the snap of their fingers? Apart from the Rais, Bhadkamkar and Deshmukh, people like Vinod Pande, Vinta Nanda, Rekha Nigam, Anand Mahendru are missing in action. Think actors like Anita Kanwar or Pankaj Kapoor - why have they deserted TV? Perhaps because they dare to be different. Vinod Pande's Mera Humsafar, was the story of a courageous woman who takes it upon herself to singlehandedly raise her child suffering from Down's Syndrome. It had to go off air without even getting a fair viewing because of low TRPs.

The same fate awaits Kshitij. So why complain about the changes in Sarrkar?

Edited by Malashetty - 18 years ago
sim38 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Very Good topic Priya. I cannot ans to your Questions bcoz i myself trying to find out the reasons for this for the last i yy, but here after reading all the posts i want to say something. Most of us really dont know that why they are watching it, bcoz they are confused and addicted.
Ronitfan and Lalit pointed out that these soaps are watched by Housewives who do not want to see intelligent soaps. then why Ronitfan is watching only KSKBT and KZK.what lesson these 2 serials are giving you, bigamy,polygamy,to and fro motions of lead ladies, unwed motherhood, .Spare the housewives. It has a combined effect on younger as well as older grps. KYPH,KTH are pop, bcoz they are youth centric.
Amisha pointed out that in India we dont have much choices. but it is not that. there are so many options but we Indians lack strong will power bcoz we are so emotional that we get involved with the characters so emotionally that we start living and dying for Tulsi Parvati, Prerna...Ab kya hoga bechari Tulsi ke saath, Ab Prerna kya karegi, Dekho Ba kitni achchi baatein batati hai, Hai becari Parvati sort, so much so that sometimes we forget our families also.
Butter cup said that KYPY is different but it is nothing only a replica of KTH,
Scorpion has correctly said that we watch it bcoz of fashion styles, makeup, costumes, sarees, jwellery... in todays world we all have become so fashion concious that all want to look best in best attire so mostly we try to copy them and Ekta has caught our nerves. Again and again this has been proved by these awards where in such categories winner is always Balaji prdn.She has

caught our nerves by playing with the sentiments of innocent viewers who have fallen in her trap.
   So it is a fact that nobody likes her show but still watch it bcoz of addiction. My dear freinds Time is not to kill but to take full advantage of that bcoz this is the only thing which cannot return to you again.
Vandu4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Great post Priya!!! 👏
I love Ekta's soaps 😳

Ekta's soaps r famous 4 pregnancy b4 marriage, main characters' atleast 2 or 3 marriages, plastic surgery, havin affair with brother's wife, people havin car accidents > dead > then people come alive, saas-bahu's fights, misunderstanding between 2 lovers, parties, always talk about Sanskar-Culture but cant see sanskar 😉 , & triangles, hamsakals(never saw hamsakals in real life ) 😆 😆 😆

Okay my mom is like this all soaps r crap but still watchin it 😆 , lolzzzzz & me cant sleep without watchin these soaps.....