Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hellraiser thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
  plzzz tell me who is so jobless that their ambition in life is to get married..hv children..plastic surgery..n a second husband....
soooo pathetic
n all the filmi dialouges..puh-leezz no one talks such crap...no one ever did talk such krapp n they nvr will

even in the most tragic moments...
heroines hav all their make up intact... 2gether wid matchin shoes...perfectly combed hair...french manicured nails...i cud go on n on

Edited by hellraiser - 18 years ago
samie thumbnail
priya a wonderful topic

well personally i am addicted 2 the k shows as they show wh@ life is like in an asian community well minus the the 10 marriages of the ppl

well wh@ u have said about the festivals is correct bein a muslim this has given me the oppertunity 2 discover another religion n c how they celebrate different occasions n festivals.

n even if the shows r not good they r addicitive as 2 y we all w@ ch it we have becom used 2 the presence of her shows as every channel has it n bout 5 on each 1. as well as all the shows follow women n their battle of bein equal in a male dominated world - kkusum worked after marriage she ran a business n home
- kripa becam a singer 2 show she would b more of a success then agand
fashion passion thumbnail
hey greattt topic!!!!
i find ekta's shows quite crappy!
wat i thnk is , well, sumtimes real life sux...u know, real life is always busy wid work and bills n kids n stuff (im a young girl!! 😆 😆 ... just riting the way my mum thnks of it)... sumtimes after a long day, ppl lyk to get away frm the real world for a while.... u know, get in2 a world whr every1 lives in huuuge mansions, n women are always clad in jewellery, n wearing designer saris ALL the time... its just a relaxing time pass n a getaway from da real world...
farahrabbi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
gud point dear n gr8 post..... 👏 👏 👏

ekta neva show gud things bout her story lines....she always show,see a girl can't run round like ball 4 love n her jimmadariii...but in ekta serials all girls characters r sooooooooo unnATual....means sevarals tyms shaadi,divorce,miscarriage.... 😡i hate her all serials story.... 😡 🤢

but....2 things i agree wid her n also thanks her 4 tht....she brings....hot couples...heros n heroines.....n lots of festivals...of indian caltures...which we can see....wid lots of enjoyments...they celebrates sooo welly....tht i like it.. 😉
ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Nice topic, and I am glad to be giving my two cents about it here...
I think the K-soaps are popular because they are primarily made and produced for the Indian housewife audience..it is not at all targetted at men..spare a K Street Pali Hill..and I really dont think any housewife would like to see any "intelligent" soap when she's free...she would just like to watch something which ,in her sense, entertains..just because I think they are bad- at the same time, I would not like to show down the viewers' choice..they seemed to have taken to Ekta's storytelling with it's total women-oriented tracks and almost-total emphasis on emotional quotient on people..:)
That is what I think..also there are some other facts which have drawn people like me to watch two of her soaps like maaddddd---Lolzzz..I watch Kyunki.. and Kasautii...
and I do NOT watch them for anyone except=
Mr. Ronit Bose Roy!
I lovvv the way he portrays the characters...he is just unbeatable..I know I should not go on and on about him in this post but it IS a fact that when he was not in the show..the show went from the top 10 ranks to the late 20s...so I think the telly actors who are giving film stars a run for their money as far as talent and fan-following are concerned, are the MAJOR factor to K-successs:))
ThE_kHan07 thumbnail
SUPERB TOPIC!!

Ekta shows are nothing but waste of time.Kyunki Saas has nothing "special" in it..I dont know why ladies watch this show.

Her soaps stops everyone from having a fun family time in the night.Even during dinner...most of the women will take their plates in front of the tv set and will eat and watch.

The reason her shows are "popular" is probably becuase she pays a visit to the famous numerologist to help her make her shows popular.. the K factor was added after this.

Story makes no senese in her shows.The only good thing in her shows are the TITLE SONGS.

I only watch 3 Balaji shows: Hum Paanch, Kkavyanjali and Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai

Why are they popular? Like makny people said..audience only watch it just to see the stars!
-Amisha- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Nice discussion Priya and good points by everyone.

*Do you like the K Soaps:

I used to love these shows when they first began because they all seemed refreshing but now, they have all turned into the same old boring drama🤢

I find no logic in the storylines, and I don't have the patience to watch these shows drag on week after week, year after year. But I used to watch one show, KavyAnjali. At first, it seemed to be a very different soap, with an off-beat theme and fresh faces. Now, its turned into another Kyunki/Kahani🤢

*Are these shows really that popular? Has Ekta caught the right nerve of the Indian audience? Is this what we want to see in our television?:

They must be popular otherwise, STAR Plus wouldn't let Balaji & Ekta air so many of their shows. Also, they have the highest TRP's which prove that people are definitely watching these shows.

I don't think the Indian audience has any other choice. In US channels, they have a variety of shows, with intelligent themes and gripping storylines. Shows like CSI, Lost, Friends, Grey's Anatomy, etc are all exciting and unique. Indian TV is practically dominated by family soaps with identical stories, with the exception on one or two shows.

*It cant just be the K factor. What is it, that makes her show so talked about. (I dont want to use the word popular):

Her shows are so talked about because there is nothing else to talk about. Look at all the other shows on Zee TV or SaharaOne. They are so lifeless and boring🤔 It's not like there is something better that will grap the audience's attention from Ekta's soaps.

Another thing is the way she advertises her shows. She spends so much money on promoting her shows. And so, more people know about them.

People also talk about these shows because of the stars who are so popular. No matter how bad her shows are, you can't deny the star's because in my opinion, a few of them (key word being few😛) are indeed really good actors. Maybe people tune in week after week just to see their favorite stars.

vinnu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: buttercup

KYPH was different but for those who have watched shows like KTH or KUTUMB can switch of there TV's now.. history gonna repeat ... 😆

I agree with u buttercup.KYPH was never a different, almost every scene has been taken from KTH and Ekta's other serials.Now its going to be like Kutumb.

vinnu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: s.priya

An oft repeated topic, I am sure, but no answers yet.  My mind is in a state of utter confusion on this question and I seek your help, friends, in unraveling this mystery called Kekta Shows!!

A discussion on why Ekta's show is popular cannot start from any other place, but Kyunki, her flagship show.

Baa is immortal.  She defies normal human longevity.
    Who are Tulsi's actual children 🤢🤢🤢  Has Ekta finally made out Shobha to be some adopted child or no?  becos that seems next on the cards.  It appears that Balaji heroines can never keep their children safe at birth.  Anyone and everyone can just take them anytime.
    Tanya is still pregnant like the ever pregnant Mehak of KTH.  these girls just dont want to deliver their babies.  They want to defy the wonderfully brilliant Hindi film dialougue " Maine tumhe nau mahine apne kok mein pala hai " 😆..... for these girls the dialougues will be " Tum mere kok mein hi pale aur bade ho gaye. kabhi bahar ki duniya hi nahi dekhi, kyunki script writer tumhare baare mein bhool gaye"😆
    In Kahin Toh Hoga, the theme of the show was, there is someone made for every one on this earth!!.  This is a case of excesses.  Everyone is made for everyone.  Sujal is made for Kashish, Charu and Archita.  Rishi is made for Mehak and Mouli and all other girls in the vicintiy.  Kashish is for Piyush and Sujal.. and hopefully, the list should end there. 
    Adultery is most common in the shows.  Every father, be it OM or Mihir or Chetan Garewal, who will win the best pati in one years "Star Parivaar Awards" will turn out to be a bigamist the next year.  Not a single hero is spared of this adultery.
    Miscarriages happen at the drop of a coin.  Deliveries of long pregnancies might not happen, but miscarriages will definitely happen, especially if it is the lead heroine in question.😕.
    KKusum, less said the better.  Will Abhay Kapoor please tell us, how many times was he actually married and when and to whom all and who, He considers to be his wife?
  1. Will Lovers ever meet in Kekta world.  Will Akshat ever realise his love... or with passing times, he will just change his love😉
Reams of paper has been wasted and fingers have tired, pounding mercilessly on the keyboard, just on this issue.  But the result is the same.   For everyone of us who detest her show, there is one who loves the show.

Sree😉, no offence, but I have never been able to understand what lures you to the television at 3.00 p.m. every day😉

So friends, what do you think of this.  

• Do you like the K Soaps.  
  • Are these shows really that popular?  Has Ekta caught the right nerve of the Indian audience?  Is this what we want to see in our television?
  • It cant just be the K factor.  What is it, that makes her show so talked about.  (I dont want to use the word popular )

Please write in your comments and discussions here.  Lets all attempt to discover the mystery thats called K Soaps.

We are proposing to start such interesting topics of debate every week.  If any of you have any interesting topic, please pm the Moderators and Viewbies of the Debate Mansion with your ideas.  Lets make this a wonderful platform to discuss the idiosyncrasies of the Telly world and many other interesting topics.

IF Development team.

Nice topic.

Ekta was the first to introduce the saas Bahu sagas and the audience just loved watching them.The shows were also good in the beginning.Now the audience got addicted to these shows, as they are watching from the beginning, want to see the ending also and thats the reason they keep watching these shows but these shows never look like ending.

Iam sure all the viewers watching these shows really want to see them ending.

Me_Anonymous thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

i'm not that much bothered about any serial/soap coz i know if i'll miss 1 or 2 episodes then nothing will happen, i usually watch the Monday and thursdays episode as they have the main thing😆😆 so y bother and waste my precious time watchign all episodes

and by now i'm so used to it that i can guess wats gonna happen next and how it wil happen😆

there's one main theme in every single soap of hers, History repeats itself, if u notice its the same, for instance KSBKBT, Mihir and Tulsi's relationship...Karan Nandini relationship, Karan-Tanya-Nandini triangle is nearly the same as Mihir-Tulsi-Mandira, the only difference is that Tanya got preggy after marraie and Mandira got preggy before well u all know
1 other thing thats same is the suffering of the Bahus, Tulsi suffered and so as her Bahu's suffered and some are still int eh middle😆

•  Are these shows really that popular?  Has Ekta caught the right nerve of the Indian audience?  Is this what we want to see in our television? i think its kinda true that she has caught the right nerve of the audience coz 95% audience watches them regularaly😕 that i dont know how they can bear such bloopers and repeat of the story
  • It cant just be the K factor.  What is it, that makes her show so talked about.  (I dont want to use the word popular ) Actors, she choses Hansome, dream like actors for her dreamland stories/ soaps
    Jewellery is also another factor, some ppl just tune into look at new Jewelleries/ saris etc