Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Okay, today's episode was a story of a hubby-worshipping wife Achala, who duly does all her hubby's vraths and everything.  Her hubby breaks her fast, and then tells her that he has to leave town on some business, and didn't really want to leave her, but didn't have much of a choice.  He gets into his cart and leaves.

In Devalok, Kamadeva is observing her, and thinks that she exceeds the apsaras in beautiful.  She's beautiful enough to gift to Indra. 🤢 (Kamadeva, love doesn't mean loyalty, in your opinion?  How'd you like Deva Indra hitting on Rati, like he did Ahalya?)  Shanidev is offended @ her remarks, and disgusted that Kamadeva is equating a pativrata woman w/ apsaras.  In his chamber, Kama goes and decides to take revenge on Indra for a past insult, where Indra rebuked him for trying to have somaras - something that only devas were allowed, not gandharvas.

Kama tells Rati of his plans to gift Indra such a woman and win the right to have somaras.  Rati is shocked and Shani decides to give him some chances.  Kamadev tries to tempt the woman by shooting some flowery arrows from his flowery bow 😆  First he sends one that creates a rose path in front of Achala, but she thinks that it would have looked more beautiful had her hubby been there to share it.  Next, Kama shoots an arrow that creates a futon w/ a flowery arch on top of it.  Achala is tempted to sit there, but can't imagine doing that in the absense of her hubby.  Shani then decides to shoot Achala herself, but Shani destroys the weapon that Kama fires @ her.

Shani then appears b4 Kama and rebukes him for trying to get a devoted wife to stray just so that he can drink somaras.  He tells him that he's abusing his power, and going along the path of adharm.  Kama tells him that he's doing Achala a favor by taking her to heaven, but Shani tells him that for a woman, heaven is @ the feet of her hubby.  Kama tells her that he'll get her to voluntarily come w/ him to swarga.  Shani silently tells him that he can never lead Achala astray.

Back on earth, Achala is w/ her MIL, when someone who's selling jewelry has arrived.  It's Kamadev, obviously dressed up as that.  Kama tells her that he's brought some great jewelry, and MIL asks Achala to take a look.  Kama gives them some samples of the jewelry, and takes out a great necklace, trying to tempt Achala.  MIL persuades Achala to take it, and asks Kama how much it costs.  He tells her not to worry, and asks Achala to try it on.  He has embedded his magic in it, and knows that she'll willingly come w/ him.  Shani above warns Kama not to cheat, and try & lead a woman astray.

Achala tries it on, but Shani burns the string on the back.  Kama is shocked.  Kama tells her not to worry, and tells them that he has another like it.  He invites them to come w/ her.  MIL declines, but asks Achala to go instead.  Achala asks Kamadev to go ahead, and that she'd follow.  Kama this time makes sure it can't be damaged, and Achala arrives.  Kama invites her to wear it, but she tells him that she'll only do it after the pujas.  Kama agrees, and after she leaves, says to himself that she'll fall for him.

On the way back, Achala sees Shani, who is in the garb of a minstrel, and is singing something that reminds her of her wedding vows.  Achala is horrified to hear it, and recalls her wedding vows, and everything she's done for her hubby.  She is shocked and goes back to Kama, and tells her that she can only wear it after her hubby returns, and returns it to him.

Kama then takes his original deva form, and Achala is angry to see him.  Kamadev tells her that he gave her all that, and invites her to come to heaven w/ him.  Achala angrily tells him that her hubby's company is what's heaven for him.  Kama casts a spell on her and traps her.  She challenges him to take her, and appeals to Shani to save her.  Shani blesses her and destroys Kama's hold on her, shocking him.  Ultimately, Shani destroys Kama's tent as well, and Achala gives him a bhashan 😆 She warns him never to try cheating another devoted woman.

Kama doesn't give up, and decides to use some more enticement arrows @ her.  He fires it, but Shani arrives on his hawk and destroys it right in front of him.  Kama is shocked and realizes that Shani was behind all that.  Shani tells him that he'll now be punished for trying to entice women to do something against their norms.  He cursed him that he'd be a leper and have a BO of fish, and that every creature would be disgusted by him.  He sends Kama's arrow back to him to strike him, and Kama's form changes, and he's afflicted w/ rashes.  Shani then curses him to live on earth.

Kama decides to approach the Ashwin twins, but the Ashwin twin is repelled by his BO and drives him away, telling him there's no cure for it 😆 Kama leaves and goes to the devas court, but Indra tells him that there is no place there for cheats like him.  He approaches Brahma, who too declines to help, as does Vishnu.  Then he approaches Shiva(!) (Maybe Shiva could have incinerated him again and saved him from that curse 😈) Mahadev tells him that it's not possible given his attempt to cheat a woman and insult her.  Mahadev continues w/ his bhashan.  Parvati however intervenes and tells him that if Kamadev was not liberated, the order of nature would be upset.  Mahadev agrees, but points out that this is Shani's curse, but if he approached Achala and apologized to her, his curse would be lifted.

Kama runs to Achala who's w/ her hubby, falls @ her feet and begs her forgiveness.  Achala can't recognize him, so he introduces himself and begs Achala to forgive him, which she does on the grounds that he recognizes his faults.  Achala asks Shani to forgive him, and Kamadev is restored to his original self.

Comments:  I was surprised that Kama was the one who chose to do all this, given that as the god of love, integrity of marriages would be high on his mind.  Also, women do die b4 their hubbies, as well as after, and when they do, they get to swarga on their own.  So was Shani and Achala saying that they'd be immortal and only go to swarga together w/ her hubby.  Maybe the difference was that in this case, Achala going to heaven didn't equal death.

I also had no idea that Kamadev was a Gandharva and not a Deva, or that beings other than Devas were forbidden from having Somras.  The Gandharvas should have gone for making some great drinks of their very own. 😈😆
Edited by _Vrish_ - 12 years ago
ghotalaz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I missed the initial part due to some surprise guests😭 Athiti devo vawa...😆
Thanks a lot for the update Vrish! I was wondering why was Kama after Achala😕

I didn't know Kama was a gandharva & not a dev...strange! coz he's called Kamadev😕 & all the daughters of Dakshyaprajapati were married to devs...wasn't it?😕 

Shani dev is so powerful but still despite his warnings some Gods just don't listen to him & later get punished😈 In some previous episodes he had punished the son of Indra for stealing flowers from a flower-seller's garden & I guess even Indra was punished in one episode(but I missed it & caught only the last part which mentioned Indra so I'm guessing it was Indra himself😕I maybe wrong though😳) 

So today's punishment of Kama had nothing to do with getting burnt to ashes by Mahadev. The way Shani kept on protecting Achala was too good!👏I just loved those arrows getting ineffective due to Shani's power 

I didn't know that the 7 vows of marriage were created by Mahadev😳 
I don't believe that a wife has to always take permission from her husband before doing anything but I do agree that a wife should not hide things from her husband & should not lie to him as the husband has full rights to know important matters & should not be kept out of it. I wish Shani dev makes an appearance in all the saas bahu shows & reminds all the female leads of this vow as they're experts in lying & hiding the truth from their husbands all the time🤣 & if they still wish to keep their husbands in the darkness then Shani should entangle those mahaan bahus in his nyayachakra😈
Vr15h thumbnail

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iFqAUTsNnI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EnmPjuLakI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxgOFYp5r7U[/YOUTUBE]

Vr15h thumbnail

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3GTznWy3d8[/YOUTUBE]

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Vrish, do you know which two episodes Debina came in for MSK? I saw the first but never the second...did you see them?
Vr15h thumbnail
I saw the second (that was the one where she appeared an episode b4 Ankit and Perin?) but not the first.  I think if you see the Ramayan forum news lists, the date on which that news item appears - her appearance would be the saturday following it.  But I have no idea about her first appearance.

That second appearance was the one where her hubby was about to remarry, but Shani reversed it for her @ the 11th hour, right?  Wonder whether Vik can confirm - she's seen more episodes than I have.
ghotalaz thumbnail
Janakiraghunath, I think Debina acted in three episodes of MSDK...

Well, Vrish by your explanation, it seems you're describing the first epi where Debina entered in MSDK, where her husband left her after the wedding night making her pregnant to take revenge on her family & later she started working as a maid at his place, & he's about to get married, she drinks poison on that day, he reforms & regrets on his deeds & Shani brings her back to life & she gets united with her husband.

In the second one, Debina did the role of Sabitri who compelled Yamraj to give her back her husband Satyavan's life...

In the third one, she was paired opposite Ankit in which the story according to the promos seemed like Ankit was someone who had this habit of gambling & lost his wife in a bet due to which Shani punished him... I missed this episode.

If Debina has also acted in other episodes too, then I'm sorry I have no idea about the other ones😳
Vr15h thumbnail
Oh, so Debina has played both Sita & Savitri on TV?  But what role did Shani have there w/ Savitri?  And she played Ankit's wife as well?  Who was Ankit - Yudhisthir? 😆

Also, anyone knows whether any of the older episodes of MSDK is available from Sagar Arts?  Given that this show is the top on Imagine channel in terms of TRP (after CGM), they could put at least the older episodes on DVD

Vik, I didn't see tonight's episode - can you describe what happened, since I actually don't know the story of why Narada prefers Vishnu over his father Brahma
Edited by _Vrish_ - 12 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks for the info, guys...if any of you has the vids with Debina in them, could you post them here please?
ghotalaz thumbnail

WU for 6th Aug, 2011

The episode starts with Shani saying that every person is born with a duty/responisibility which he has to fulfill & if he doesn't then it affects the world's life cycle, something like that. Shani says that Brahma created 11 sons to live the life of prajapati to reproduce kids & contribute to the word's life cycle but the 11th son Narad refused to do so.

Narad is shown telling Brahma that he cannot live the life of a prajapati as he doesn't want to get entangled with all those wordly duties, he wants to become a Brahma sanyasi. Narad says that his other 10 sons have already lived the life of prajapati, so what will happen if he doesn't do so. Brahma says Narad won't be able to be free from pitri rin on which Narad says if Brahma doesn't want to free him from pitri rin then he's fine with it but he won't live the life of a prajapati. Narad leaves & is stopped by Shani. Shani says that it's his duty but as he didn't agree to do it, he'll get punished & he'll make him take several births until he does it & freezes Narad's body & takes out his soul & transmits it into a woman's womb.

In one birth, Narad is shown serving his parents, in another he's shown living the like like a sage who begs & lives on what others give to him(referring to karma yogi), in another he gets born as the son of a saint & gains knowledge. Finally his 7th birth takes place where he gets born as the son of King Chitraketu, in which he needs to live the grihastha ashram life. In this birth his name is Upbhrant. Upbhrant is a sitar player & is playing is sitar, while Chandrika is dancing, he gets attracted to her & holds her in his arms. His father Chitraketu sees this & says he'll have to go somewhere to get further education on which Upbhrant replies that he is the world's best sitar player & doesn't need to get more educated, he says he wants to marry Chandrika & if he doesn't get permission then also he'll marry her. Shani is smiling & saying that Narad, some time back you were against these worldly duties but now you're eager to get married & can't stop smiling at Narad's activities.

In front of Shani's idol, Chandraketu is telling his wife that he won't allow this happen. Then Shani appears in the idol & calls his name out & tells them let Upbhrant marry Chandrika as it falls under his nyayachakra. Upbhrant gets married & is completely nuts over his wife & crazy about her beauty. Shani just can't stop smiling that how Narad in this birth is just crazy over a woman. Upbhrant tries to hold her from the back on which she pushes him & tells her that there are some other duties too that need to be fulfilled for their marriage life, he does nothing, and all duties are done by his father. Upbhrant says very soon a sitar playing competition is going to be held among the Gandharvs, he'll win it & get 8 bhars gold(something like that) which will be sufficient for his next generation too. Shani says Narad now you're being blind with proud feelings which need to be eradicated. In the sitar playing competition, Upbhrant is announced the winner while Shani enters in a disguised form & says, Upbhrant will have to compete with him to win the competition. Both play the sitars, Upbhrant stops playing as blood starts coming out from his fingers. Shani says knowledge never loses but proud feelings can never win. Upbhrant gets up angrily & leaves; in the palace he's shown leaving the palace too & on asked he says he's going to learn how to play sitar from a renowned music teacher. Chandrika stops him & requests him to stay back for their unborn child as she's pregnant. Upbhrant says his parents will take care of her & leaves.

Shani sends Indra's apsara Rambha to that music teacher to learn a form of dance. The guru says she'll be taking her classes along with Upbhrant. Upbhrant is mesmerized with her beauty. He starts getting attracted to her. After she finishes her learning course, she is about to leave, then is stopped by Upbhrant, who says he loves her a lot & how can she leave him like that. Rambha says what rights does he have to say all this, he never cared for his parent's wishes, he never cared about his wife's love for him, he never cared about his unborn child & now he's asking her how she can do this to him & leaves. Upbhrant starts getting memories of how he never cared about anyone's feelings & then jumps off a cliff to commit suicide. But he lands on the ground safely & Shani arrives there & calls him as Narad. He says his name is Upbhrant then Shani provides him memories of how Narad had refused to live the life of a prajapati in front of Brahma & how he had to take seven births on earth. Narad says now he's realized his mistake & says Shani was right, without living the life of grihastha ashram, bamprastha ashram(sorry forgot the other ashrams mentioned), one cannot become a Brahma sanyasi as it would be meaningless without having knowledge about the worldly duties. He says he wants to go back & fulfill his duties of a son, husband & wife & then live the life of bamprastha ashram. After Narad finishes this life cycle, his soul leaves the body & enters into his first body where he had been frozen by Shani. Narad apologizes in front of Shani & Brahma & asks now what he should do. Brahma says now he is free from his pitri rin as he has done all his duties for what he was born & tells him to go to Narayan & always do the jaap of the name Narayan all the time so that he'll get mokshya later. Narad is shown doing the jaap of Narayan Narayan all the time & Lord Vishnu holds his hands up to bless him.

I know it's a very rushed up & messed up update, sorry for that. I'll post my comments & the responses to the above posts later. Got to go now...😳

Edited by vik rocks - 12 years ago