Miscarriage? Jadugar ya Saudagar?

Poll

Do You Want to See Miscarriage? Are You OK with it now or maybe Later

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago
Let's have a frank and adult discussion about this.  There are lots of REAL and Real reasons for Miscarriage track that we have to consider.  So, let's have a mature not childish dialogue.  State your position and defend it, but don't bash or ridicule others for their positions.  Here are the arguments as I see it.  I don't have time to moderate the debate, so keep it clean...Varna I will make u "BilKul Chup!" BriMaan style๐Ÿ˜ˆ 

Our REAL n Real fears:
1. The Set is Unhygienic - Can it not be sanitized?  Should it not have been supersanitized after Nissar and Gurumeet's illness?  Will not having a baby on sets force them to be even more careful?  What kind of inhumane conditions are these people working in if they cannot expose a baby to it?  Is it safe then for the actors, director, spot boy, make up man?

2. Logistically - It will lead to a leap?  Pray tell me Y? Geet seems to have gestation period equivalent to elephant in real terms๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ So, she cud be shown 6-7 months pregnant in another month...then 9 in yet another couple of weeks... Time afterall in Soap world is xtremely fluid.  

3. It is needed for the story? Really? 
a. NT wins - Is that the msg u want?  Evil triumphing over Good? Yippee!  I for one truly don't.  MSK wud not be a jaadugar no more, but the Channel/PH wud be saudagar!  

b. There are so many unexplored potential tracks the CVs could explore - instead of this rhona-dhona one. Yuck - Who wants marriage after miscarriage...if that happens then goli maro to any fantasies of SR night you may harbor as they will be under water.
(i) the baby is the ULTIMATE proof of DevNT ka gunah, but is MSK clever enough to punish them without evidence flowing from a miscarried baby?  Hmmm - I wud like to see if MSK is clever enough to do this...C'mon CVs...Tie DevNT to the HP land deal...can u do it? 

(ii) Imagine Seductive Sameera, ex-girl friend of Maan (kamina๐Ÿ˜†) appearing while Geet is looking and feeling totally unattractive.  Is that not a good "test" of their relationship?  "J" Geet at her best and Maan on the defensive? 

(iii) What if Maan had to choose btwn Geet n Baby due to risk to Geet's health, but Geet became adamant about having baby (its her inspiration for life afterall,no?)...this track cud again be a test for them... without going to the extent of abortion.

4. Baby will KILL Maaneet Romance!  Truly?  Is there bond so weak n pathetic?  Any man can love his own baby...but, shud MSK not be XTRAORDINARY?  Is that not what we truly want?  A LARGER THEN LIFE SLIGHTLY IMPERFECT GUY WHO LOVES US WHOLLY?  And there is loads of potential 4 romance and comedy with Baby (don't take my word for it read my other thread, to which many of u contributed..(https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1478655). The story can begin with BABY.  Close your eyes and imagine Maan saying "Bilkul Chup!" to the baby and u will realize the potential of it.๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ Baby done "right" would be Comedy, Romance, and Drama galore.  These CVs have the creativity to pull it off if they opt to show it. An no it wud not have to be there 24/7/365.  D'uh what are Daadi, Adi, and Nannies for?  Can u imagine Maaneet doing an interview for nannies๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ      From a dramatic perspective...once the "heir" is here - the dramatic quotient will automatically be up - with everyone including NT wanting to still "Kill" it....do u for a second doubt it?  

Reserved - to be updated later... Until then please vote and chat about the matter.  

Edited by AnjanaToronto - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TSharan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I am surely PRO BABY becoz I see more potential in the show with the baby still part of Maaneet's life. The baby is the essence of the show. Killing it means killing the soul of the show. If miscarriage happens, this show will surely loose viewers n go down the drain like many others which showed crap in the name pf entertainment.   

I don't buy the "Unhygenic Conditions" as a reason to show abortion.
A small baby obviously needs better sanitary conditions than adults, I agree but then we all need good working conditions. These people spend hours on the set which is their "Workplace" so if the set is not clean...then that's something the PH MUST take care of ...baby or no baby. For god's sake sanitize it properly. Period.

The show does not need a leap even after the baby is born!!!! To me baby is part n parcel of this show. If they wanted to kill it, it should have been done long ago while Geet was in HP.CVs dont need the baby for every frame n every episode. there r ways and means to show things they want to. They don't have to bring the baby to the set everyday. I see so much potential of lovely Maaneet scenes with the baby.

Who say baby kills the romance??? It actually enhances it! Imagine maaneet fussing and fighting over the baby. It will be so much better than the candyfloss school romance CVs show us sometimes....  

MC and shaadi for Maaneet.......don't go together at all!! Wedding after MC is crap and MC soon after wedding is a sure shot suicide by the CVs .....I don't want the rona -dhona that will come in either these condtions esp after marriage. It will create so much trouble in Maaneet marriage.

I simply detest this MC concept and most Indian shows take this route to create the sympathy element. i don't subscribe to this thought process.

So it is baby all the way! Baby wins hands down!

Edited by Anshu_A - 13 years ago
-Blossy- thumbnail

I don't know what makes people say that after the baby Maaneet's romance will drop down a notch or two.

When infact with the baby's entry we will see a new dimension to their love. We have already seen a lot of cute "nok-jhoks" and office romance...now it's time for a baby to crawl right in (hopefully not cameo)

Imagine Maan lecturing the baby when he cries " Yeh jo asoon hai yeh dimaag ko sahi se kaam karne se rokte hai...they damage your brain cells..."

And then of course as you so aptly point out ...the classic Maan dialogue "Chup-Bilkul chup"....is said to the baby....

Imagine their little bundle of joy which will have them hanging at his every gurgle...I really want to see the baby track :)

And then of course we will have an impatient Maan waiting desperately for his wife who is busy with the baby, to give him some time ...

When the baby grows we see Maaneet hiding in some isolated corner of the house to romance each other...away from the prying eyes of the baby who is curious as to what game their parents play๐Ÿ˜†

The Maan-Baby-Geet potential is so much...it would totally be awesome if the CVs keep "THIS" baby
Edited by crazilycrazy - 13 years ago
Micron thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
You brought out very good points for baby track as well as Miscarriage track.

Me still not happy with miscarriage RUMORS but have full faith on Nissar and his team...Baby or No baby its going to be interesting....would also love to see  Maan and Geet finally remebering that the 2 evils Dev and NT need to be sent to jail for good which they seem to have forgotten๐Ÿค”. If there is a miscarriage, its definitely going to be a litmus test for Maneet's love and trust . May be then they can introduce Sam which will be an interesting track

The only thing I dont want is Marriage after Miscarriage๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ

Edit: For now I vote for Keep the baby track. Would love to see Maan taking care Geet and giving into all her tantrums and then he can give into all the tantrums of their angel๐Ÿ˜

Edited by booosi - 13 years ago
Arwen11 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I want a baby track ๐Ÿ˜Š and i have therefore voted for the third option ๐Ÿ˜Š but if CVs (and i mean the PH and not the TRPs driven ๐Ÿ˜ก Channel ๐Ÿคข) actually want a miscarriage instead of baby than i really dont know what to say or do ๐Ÿ˜ณ

EDIT: CVs are so dead if they show miscarriage by NT immediately followed by a marriage ... this track is a complete NO for me

Edited by Arwen... - 13 years ago
Parakeet thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
i want baby track...that is why i voted for 3rd option!! bt i think nw talking abt it is useless... coz v already know that there will b MC track
but iff there will b MC track thn i dont want to see it as a result of NT's evil plans.. bt i want it to b natural one.. i mean organic one.. 
Edited by MaanEET_FAN - 13 years ago
1. The Set is Unhygienic -

It's about time, the set is sanitizied then, so that it's a baby friendly environment. That's not a highly impossible task! 

2. Logistically - It will lead to a leap?  

Of course it won't. This is a drama, so this means that the pregnancy period will be over in a jiffy or it may be prolonged, and the post baby period may also be prolonged! Hence we may not even see a leap, and instead get to watch the baby grow gradually !!!

3. It is needed for the story? Really? 

Nope! The Baby stands for hope and goodness, those two reasons are enough for the baby to be born.

And as Anj has mentioned there are many tracks that the CVs can adopt other than the miscarriage one. I liked the seductive Sameera track ๐Ÿ˜†.

Marriage after miscarriage track doesn't sound good at all. In fact it sounds like this track will not have any of the after marriage romance that most of us have been hoping to see!

This is not the way i wanted to see Maaneet marry, as the potential for steamy romance will be ZERO !

4. Baby will KILL Maaneet Romance!  Truly? 

Er noooo... LMAO...

There's no point me explaining this when it has already been explained by Anj and others ๐Ÿ˜†

And it sounds to me like the miscarriage track will kill maaneet romance...
not the baby track ๐Ÿ˜• 

(Might edit later, currently at work, so most of the reasons i have provided need a bit of polishing ๐Ÿ˜†)

Edit...  6 hrs later....

OMG๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿคฃ this is the crappest comment i have ever posted on I-F ๐Ÿคฃ
3/4 of me was on the look out, not be caught out by my boss...
and the other 1/4 wrote this crap ๐Ÿคฃ.....
im too tired now..
so can't be bothered to make changes to this comment...
so that it actually makes sense ๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by yasu09 - 13 years ago
nightangel thumbnail
Anju loved ur take...but I didn't cast my vote....!!!!

lots of ppl r not agreeing with me..but never mind I know I m alwyas differ then others....๐Ÿ˜†

FIrst of all whn ever I think about Maanet  "Hey Baby" is always turning my head like "BeeS"""" why ? why ?  wat's d future of d relationship btn two bro one wify one baby....lolzzz little bit complicated @ least for India soap Senario....

I don't know how many here watch  "D Bold & Beautiful " American long running soap opeara...whr I seen this kinnda relationship....Of course American culture is vast differ then Indian culture...Still today for Indian...Marriage is like Holy institution btn two ppl...two familes....!!!!!

I m happy with this kinnda twist..@Least  now We can see PURE MAANET & their FAMILY ratther then Trio or something else....

Rommance :- Rommance can be done in any situation...just look on d current prospect whr Geet's Miscarriage just imagine wat truma she will be going through...@ that time IF her MAAN Is there & give boost of Marriage...............Alihaaa...that's kinnda rommance is gonna mimblowing...Whn a person needed & a person is there it's like Heveanly atmoshper everywhr for GEET ..................................................

I already mention little bit about "Hay Baby" chetper on FB but then allow Baby also as it's justic part for GEET...I repeat JUSTIC..not inaugural part of Story.....

well this is strictly my pov becoz I think practically more rather then emotinally................................๐Ÿ˜ณ
Edited by nightangel - 13 years ago
swan20 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I am definitely for keeping the baby. Keeping aside emotional issues related to a baby....reel or real i think from a purely story point of view it makes immense sense for the baby to be born.

A baby only makes a couple's bond more strong. After the arrival of the baby Maan & Geet will come closer. As parents they will share a special bond (notwithstanding the fact that Dev is the biological father of that child....that issue has already been cleared now with Geet giving Maan the right to be called the baby's father.....๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ )

We can see some cute Maan-Geet-baby moments. It will be fun to watch Maan & Geet struggling with the day to day chores related to the baby....at the same time stealing some time out for romance....๐Ÿ˜ณ

If the miscarriage happens because of NT's doings what kind of a message are they sending out....๐Ÿค”.....Geet has already suffered a lot at the hands of NT-Dev. This is HER story....she should be shown coming out triumphant against all odds. A miscarriage will take her back to where she started.....all her struggles & her sacrifices will be in vain....

If they show a Maan & Geet getting married immediately after the MC it will be highly inappropriate. No woman who has gone thru such a traumatic experience will ever think of rejoicing & starting life all over so soon after the incident. Marriage & even romance will have to take a back seat. Are the viewers willing to see a track where there's no romance....๐Ÿ˜›......in such a case TRPs will plummet for sure.

Lastly I DO NOT buy the excuse that the set is not a safe place for a baby. If its not then make it safe. Its the PH & the channel's responsibility to ensure that their cast & crew remain safe & healthy. They cannot run away from their responsibilities by making such excuses....๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ
Edited by swan20 - 13 years ago
SahSah thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i would really want to keep the baby....baby and maaneet track...
would be great to watch.....was really waiting for it.....

if they really had to go for miscarriage....then i would want it to be after
marriage....that would be more logical.....

awesome take ๐Ÿ˜Š