Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago

Please Keep voting - the Star One article does not say NT will win and SBS maybe misleading😉

MaanKiPatni thumbnail
anj..you know my opinion on this but still wanted to state it here.,,

1. The baby is going to cause a messier relationship than the one that is just hinting at it right now. Do you think viewers would be happy to see a baby growing up and finding out that he/She is actually fathered by someone else and not MSK.. It would turn into a EKTA serial then...

2. With all intense and purposes the baby has served its purpose...I.e,  MSK and the whole world knows what DEV and NT did to GEET. I do not like to see kids put in an environment where it is completely against socio-norms.

3. With Dengue and malaria ever present in the form of mosquitos why torture poor babies for our pleasure???!  If a hatta khatta MSK can get Malaria and dengue imagine the poor babies plight!!

4. I agree romance takes a different form for pregnancy. But, do consider the demographics of this show. This show would not sustain itself if they show an 18 yr old with a baby... The youth expect passion, romance and some sexual sizzle.. and that is what Star One wants.. I do not see a major scope for a baby in this statistics....

@ Anj...you can kill me for this (LOL)......ROFL

Edited by MaanKiPatni - 13 years ago
MaanKiPatni thumbnail
Oh..by the way, can i vote multiple times!!! 😉
MarshP thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
WE WANT THE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CVs need to quit being cheapos and have a baby track. Also, sacrificing the baby for the sake of Maneet romance, now that is just sick! Everything Geet has been through to keep this baby will go down the drain if you kill the baby. Also, What about Maan? He promised to protect Geet and the baby always didn't he? Miscarriage means he didn't keep his promise, it means he failed. I thought Maan never fails 🤔

CVs Quit taking the easy and the cliched way out with a  MC track! This baby is Geet and Maan's and she must be born!

And once again...
WE WANT THE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by MarshP - 13 years ago
BgblZoolander69 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Anj, the points you have posted are very valid.

I wud love for the baby to stay. I think keeping the baby will make the story much more interesting. If Geet loses the baby then it truly proves that Maan is not capable. What are the promises he keeps making for? If he can't live up to it, then i suggest the CV's not portray him as some sort of "jadugaar" like Geet said.

I'm sure they can find ways to work with a baby. Keeping the sets sanitized is one way to begin. That way the crew and cast wont get sick either.

And the romance will not die down! Maan knows Geet is pregnant, but we don't see him hesitating in wooing Geet. I'm sure he wudn't mind doing much more than what they have shown. Keeping the romance alive won't be a problem as long as the CV's can create the right scenes.
liv2laugh thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

I WANT THE BABY

I have so many issues with the miscarriage that I do not even know where to start.

The title of the show is Geet and so it is the story of her struggle for her rights and how she is an inspiration to young women everywhere. It is not based on her romance with Maan alone. The baby is an integral part of the story.

She has sacrificed a lot for the baby. She chose to send her own brother to jail because he tried to kill her when she refused to terminate the pregnancy. It was her choice to keep the baby. Who are we to ask her to kill the baby? Does that mean that we do not respect her choice and are we reiterating the fact that women do not have a right to choose and only their families do? Remember even when she was fighting her feelings for Maan, she clearly put her baby first. Even while confessing she told him how important her responsibilities towards the baby are and that she intended to shoulder them. Maan's respects her because of this.

They say "Justice delayed is justice denied". Geet chose to deny herself justice by waiting for the baby to be born before doing a DNA test because it could harm the baby. That is how much she wants the baby. When forced to choose between the baby and justice, she chose her baby.Should this sacrifice be dishonored by showing a miscarriage track?

Geet gave Maan the right to be her baby's father. So Maan is the baby's father. He may not be the biological father but if he does not care about that why should you? This is a golden opportunity to show that broad-minded men do exist in this day and age. It also shows that if one brother destroyed her life, then the other stood by her during her struggles and helped her rebuild her life. Geet should win ultimately. She will be an inspiration to millions of young girls to fight against injustice and authority and to do what is right. If the baby dies Maan will blame himself for it and will be inconsolable and the realtionship will take a beating because both Maan and Geet will feel guilty. 😭

On the other side of the spectrum if there is no miscarriage, Maaneet will stay together. Furthermore we will get scenes of Maan taking care of Geet, Geet making demands on Maan and of their cute fights while they dream about the baby. We will also get lots of romantic scenes since contrary to popular opinion couples can be initimate unless the doctor advises against it specifically. Maaneet can raise the baby together and we can get lots of scenes of Maan playing with the baby and Geet playing with it and so on.

Questions have been raised about the hygiene and the challenges associated with bringing a child onto a TV set. If they CVs are concerned about this then they should not show Nayantara having something to do with the child's demise. This would defeat the purpose. Evil would win over good and this is unacceptable. Instead I would prefer that they showed that the baby's heart just stopped beating one day. In this case Geet is also very young so this is a possibility. It is also a great opportunity for the CVs to show that she succeeded in her struggles to keep the baby asave her baby but in the end god had other plans. They can use this as a platform to educate viewers about teenage pregnancies and the risks associated with them. They could have the doctor trying to console and bereft Geet and explain to her the challenges of a teenage pregnancy. I WOULD RATHER SEE THE BABY BORN BECAUSE THIS WOULD BE UNIQUE

Dev by virtue of being a man did not have to face the consequences of his mistake. He is being rewarded for his disgusting actions with a second chance at falling in love. I find that beyond disgusting and utterly represhensible. He is being rewarded for ruining a girl's life just because he repented? The gravity of his crime is such that he will have to spend a lifetime making this up to Geet by looking out for Maaneet and foiling the plans of his dear wife. I do not see too many people protesting against the Dev-Meera track instead they are intent on hurting innocents ' Geet and her baby which has not even entered this world. How people can harbor so much hate for an unborn innocent child and want it murdered is beyond me.

Edited by liv2laugh - 13 years ago
MaanKiPatni thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ann.A

Anj, the points you have posted are very valid.

I wud love for the baby to stay. I think keeping the baby will make the story much more interesting. If Geet loses the baby then it truly proves that Maan is not capable. What are the promises he keeps making for? If he can't live up to it, then i suggest the CV's not portray him as some sort of "jadugaar" like Geet said.

Ann - I still don't understand why Maan becomes incapable here??!  I am mean he is afterall a Man not God. He has proved that several times as well.. I would love to have the baby stay as well but i do not think the story has much headway after that..

I'm sure they can find ways to work with a baby. Keeping the sets sanitized is one way to begin. That way the crew and cast wont get sick either.

Yes, they can sanitize the sets but do you think in practicality they will spend their time doing that???Do you think they have it in their budget for that?. They work in a shoe string budget.They don't even have enuff money to get good clothes and a good editing team where will they have money to keep the sets and the surroundings clean. The TV industry does have strict standards for using a baby so i don't think the CVs could work with that kind of strictures.

And the romance will not die down! Maan knows Geet is pregnant, but we don't see him hesitating in wooing Geet. I'm sure he wudn't mind doing much more than what they have shown. Keeping the romance alive won't be a problem as long as the CV's can create the right scenes.

I do agree here. There could some interesting romance sequences with the pregnancy. But Star One is a youth channel. I don't think they want to show mature romance like what we would like to see. This show is for the youth of the country with some passion and M&B kind of romance thrown into it.

Edited by MaanKiPatni - 13 years ago
misty85 thumbnail

Well you have enumerated all the things which I wanted to say. Apart from this if baby on the sets is a problem, they can keep few scenes with the baby. ..... I was reading somewhere that once your baby has a heartbeat - usually visible on ultrasound at around 6 weeks - your odds of having a miscarriage drop significantly. So new chances of natural MC are rare at this point as Geet's pregnancy is around 3 months.

I am also having doubts that it's just a publicity stunt or a way to know the public reaction. My reasons are:

1.      In the article it is said, "Hopefully this time I will be successful in getting my revenge as I can never forgive Maan and Geet and will never allow them to get married". Hopefully is a key word...it may not happen.

2.      Here I'm pasting views of some people from fb page ( I also agree with these views); by SUPRIYA...whn she ask her BABAJI wht do with d child ( @ Gurudwara, swarnmandir), the answer was MAAN

by MANASHI...in the "pee loon".......... episode......... when maan was playing with the child........ geet touched her tummy and said......" babaji kuch kehna chahte ho aap"............. that was one of the most heart touching moments of the show ever............
(GC was looking great & cute with that kid)

by SA'ADIA....she almost gave up love--maan's love--for the love of her baby... how she tried her level best to stop his advances for the sake of her baby. and it was only after he accpeted her child that she fully accepted his love.

I'm also against MC after marriage because it is very difficult to forget such a thing in life. It can cause serious problems in their relationship. If baby dies because of NT Maan won't be able to forgive himself.

In my opinion it would be foolishness to show MC it this point.

MY anticipation regarding MC:

It won't happen as per Swati's interview (as they have decided to tackle this issue seriously). If they show NT trying to harm Geet ....& she's being hospitalised, I think in that situation Maan would ask the doctor to lie about MC so that NT can be deceived till their marriage. They'l dupe NT so that their marriage can happen. It fits according to the SBS news.

taqdir thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I want the baby to be on the show too. But friends instead of giving the cvs potential stories please give them ideas how to handle a baby in the set. That is the real challenge.

All i can say is,

1. they can plan to show the baby twice/thrice a month.

2. Take necessary shots of the baby with maneet in the baby's own home and blend it with the desired scene. Rest of the times, talk about baby and how they miss the baby during office time. 

3. pretend that the baby is handled by a very good nanny and under dadi's supervision.

4. Even they can show that the baby was a premature one due to geet's nonstop jumping and so the baby stayed at the hospital incubator for months. It does happens in real life.

5. And most importantly they can keep making dev say that although he is the biological father but maan is the real father. That shgould be dev's dialogue in every episode after the baby is born.

I can give them hundreds of ideas if they want but the real thing is the team have to have plans for it and i hope they plan to keep the baby.

Thanks.
Norstar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Without the baby - this show will be just  be an empty shell.