Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ShivangBuch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Gandhari? Time pressure and this internet connection is not letting me to think peacefully.🀣Edited by ShivangBuch - 12 years ago
ShivangBuch thumbnail
Let me try it like you. Please don't declare us winner (if at all πŸ˜†) before giving the correct reasoning even if one of the above answers are correct. 

P.S. Also please clarify the last word 'THEM' in the second clue. 'Them' refers to nephews or sons? Which 'them' in the sentence refer to whom?
Edited by ShivangBuch - 12 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
LJR is right - Kunti is the answer.
  • Karna killed Ghatotkacha, Arjun killed Karna's son Vrishasena while Nakula killed Karna's other sons Chitrasena, Satyasena & Sushena
  • Sishupala was the one who insulted the Pandavas @ the Rajasuya yagna, after briefly allying w/ Bhima after Jarasandha's death.  Two other nephews of Kunti - Vinda & Anuvinda, fought on the Kaurava side in the war due to their hatred for both Krishna & Arjun over Mitravindya's marriage to Krishna.
  • Kunti's mother-in-law Ambalika's sister Amba was reborn as Shikandini, daughter of Drupada, and thereby sister of Draupadi.  It was only much later after several penances that she became a man
  • And of course, Krishna slew Shalva, who Amba wanted to marry, but only years later, and for completely different reasons.  I posted that clue b4 seeing any of the answers.
Them in the second clue - the first them referred to the nephews, while the 2nd them referred to the sons.  I too have very spotty internet, and by the time I post something, I see more posts.  Anyway, I'll stop - LJR has won this round, but my previous post, which missed hers, seemed to suggest that Kunti wasn't correct, when in fact, it was.  My bad.

Anyway, LJR, you next!
Edited by .Vrish. - 12 years ago
ShivangBuch thumbnail
Yes Vrish. As soon as I posted Pandu and saw Janaki's answer paralallel posted, I was almost 99% sure that was correct but my answering was only on the basis of clue 3 and later on clue 4. I had no guess whatsoever about 1st clue and only had guess about Shishupal in the second clue. While rest of the missing characters I was thinking to confirm whether Janaki is right or not, I thought let me secure the other two possibilities first. Madri and Gandhari.πŸ˜† Since you gave 4th clue after Janaki's answer, I presumed that Kunti seems to be wrong.πŸ˜† I would also have posted answer Pandu before Janaki's post but for my lost connection. But that was wrong any way.😊. And even after that, I got disconnected and reconnected 3-4 times with slow boring speed of downloading of pages.😑

Brilliant set of clues.
Edited by ShivangBuch - 12 years ago
ShivangBuch thumbnail
When I first saw the question, I thought 3rd clue to be the toughest. But that happened to be the easiest eventually for me and was the only base with which to move further. But this speed of internet is irritating me today at a very wrong time. I feel like jumping up and down and throwing away this pendrive.🀣
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Nice clues, Vrish! I was stumped at first because of the first two clues, but the third one made it clear, lol.

Nice guesses, Shivang! When I saw your answer of Pandu, I thought I was wrong. ;)

Here are the next clues...

The woman I had come to hold feelings for became my sister through a strange twist of fate.

The son of this woman later began one of the greatest and most famous lineages known today.

I was the disciple of my father's enemy.
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Kacha.  The woman referred to here was Devyani, and the asura guru her father Shukracharya.  Kacha was the son of Brihaspati - and Shukracharya was Brihaspati's enemy.

Also, she became his sister since he was killed, fed to her father who brought him back to life, and had to teach him the sanjeevani so that he wouldn't die himself.

The lineage in question are the Yadavas

P.S.  Shivang, Varaali or anyone else who wants can ask the next question, since I can't think of any for the time being.
Edited by .Vrish. - 12 years ago
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Next Question-

I was involved in closing stages of the Mahabharata War

I was shot by two great warriors from either side

I was  made to commit a sinful act

Who am I ?

I ought to give one more clue : Think of everything 

Edited by varaali - 12 years ago
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Wow Amazing clues  ShivangBuch and amazing cracking by using logical reasoningπŸ‘
varaali thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
No not Kritvarma. 

Read the last line of my post carefully ...