lilindiangurl13 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago

Preet Se Bandhi Yeh Dori Ram Milaaye Jodi Articles Archive

Hello Friends 😃

Please post all the articles related to the show and its characters here.

Thankyou,
India-Forums Development Team.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ram Milaye Jodi's lead to be seen in Pavitra Rishta

The star studded Ganpati celebrations in Pavitra Rishta will introduce the lead pair of Ram Milaye Jodi.

As we all know, Zee TV's popular show Pavitra Rishta will be having a special episode of Ganesh Chaturthi, which will be aired on Sept. 19. As reported by Tellybuzz, the special episode will be studded with various performances coming from Manav (Sushant Rajput) and Archana (Ankita Lokhande) and various other cast members of Pavitra Rishta.

The lead pair of Zee TV's upcoming show 'Ram Milaye Jodi', produced by Rajita Sharma, will be unraveled to the viewers, during this special episode on Pavitra Rishta.

According to our source, "Nishant Malkani and Priyal Gor, the leads of Ram Milaye Jodi, will be seen together for the first time and they will be interacting with Manav and Archana. Nishant and Priyal will also be seen shaking their legs; Nishant will be dancing to the number 'Tere mast mast nain..', wherein he will be joined by Priyal Gor. Priyal will also have a solo performance on the song 'Yeh ishk hai..'. In addition to this the leads Nishant and Priyal will perform together on the title track of their show 'Ram Milaye Jodi..'

This special episode in Pavitra Rishta, wherein the leads of a new show will be revealed, will air on Sept. 19. Rajita Sharma's Ram Milaye Jodi will launch on Zee TV on Sept. 20.

We tried contacting Rajita Sharma, but she was unavailable for a comment.

Wishing the new lovebirds of television, All the very best!

'Everybody is a student in this industry'- Rajita Sharma

Rajita Sharma the producer of Zee TV's upcoming show, Ram Milaayi Jodi in an exclusive conversation with tellybuzz...

Rajita Sharma the renowned writer who initially developed the concept for Ye Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai on Star Plus turns producer with Zee TV's latest offering Ram Milaayi Jodi.

Here's Rajita Sharma who speaks on her journey from being a writer to a producer, on the concept of the show, on the star cast and much more…

How did the concept of the show come to you?
The concept of the show was given to me by the creative team of Zee TV. We together developed it.
And the story is about two people a guy and a girl who have been born and brought up in two different religious backdrops. The Punjabi family is more extrovert and happy go lucky types where as the Gujrati family is a bit more conservative.

So it's the family upbringing that sets these two main characters apart from each other.

You were earlier associated with Ye Rishta on Star Plus. Now this show has also got a same time slot on Zee TV so do see any kind of competition?
I think every person should try to outsmart or cross his own limitation to achieve success. So I would say I'm not confident that I'll succeed in doing so but I'll surely try my level best for the same.

You are a writer turned producer so how has been your journey in the industry?
The journey has been very nice and the industry has taught me a lot of things. I was quite immature and very aspirant when I entered the industry so it has taught me to be tolerant, respect others opinions. And most importantly it has made me realized that in this industry there is so much to learn that you will always be a student and the day one stops learning it will be the end of one's success.

And when I was a writer I wasn't that creatively satisfied so my main aim reason behind turning as a producer was to have the freedom to portray my ideas the way I conceived them without compromising much.

So are there any added advantages of being a writer as well as a producer?
I would say there are advantages as well as disadvantages. Advantage is that now I don't feel creatively tied up in any way. I try to get every possible thing to make the sequence look perfect but as producer while fulfilling those demands I get financially drenched (smiles).

But finally we want to acquire fame and recognition through this show and so monitory profit becomes secondary. Personally I feel fame, money and glamor should be the byproducts of a work and doing what one feels with honesty is what should be the priority.

What's the USP of the show?
Now you are talking in the channels tone (laughs). I think the USP of the show is that it is a very simple story said in a very unique way.

The idea behind such a huge star cast?
Firstly we made a simple character sketch on a canvas and then we began to hunt for actors and see which actors would suit and do complete justice to the given character. And the interesting thing that happened during the entire process was that many actors added their own inputs and charm to the characters so I would say it has been a very collective effort.

Tell us how you found a fresh face for your female lead?
How did we find her is a long story but instead I would we just found her somehow (smiles). When we auditioned her we realized that a lot needs to be worked out on her yes but she had this certain charm and she came across as a very a hard working, dedicated and focused kind of a girl. This is unseen in many girls at this age. So considering these qualities I feel she could be a very good actress in future.

With a series of family drama being televised what according to you is the TV of today?
I think TV has been evolving over the years. Also the reason being that through our shows we enter into the living rooms and bed rooms of our audience that in a way gets us closer to them. So we can't get stagnant at any point of time we have to keep on changing in fact we have to keep re inventing ourselves within a show also that too is equally important.

So this entire process of evolving is very dynamic.

As reality shows have a charm of their own so what kind of competitions are you expecting from them?
Yes we do have a very tough competition and I too have no clue about the TRP rankings (smiles). I think we can just make a nice show and present it well.

We also have the information that this show has grey shaded characters but there isn't a single role that is completely negative how true this is?
Yes it is completely true. Because as I said earlier that this story is close to a layman's life and in our day to day life we don't come across negative people; certain situations or circumstances develop little stubbornness or rudeness. But from within all are equally vulnerable. So we want to portray every one as a complete character in every form.

Don't you think negative characters add a little hype to the story?
No I feel characters are developed as per the requirement of the plot. Certain shows demand loud and negative element are show didn't require it. Because are base characters have all the potential and dynamism to take the story forward.

How is the experience working with Zee TV?
This is my first project with Zee TV and the experience has been very good. The entire team is no working as a channel and a production house but everyone's final aim is to give out a nice product.

Lastly any message before the show goes on air?
I would just request the viewers to watch it, sample it and then you decide whether you like it or not. I would take all your suggestions and feed backs always with an open mind.

Priyal Gor debuts on TV with Ram Milaayi Jodi 

The young, talented Priyal Gor of Zee TV's forthcoming show, Ram Milaayi Jodi shares her fresh TV experience with tellybuzz..

Priyal Gor, who will soon be seen enacting the female lead in Zee TV's upcoming serial Preet Se Bandhi Ye Dori Ram Milaayi Jodi, in a very excited and jovial tone, shares her first television screen occurrence with tellybuzz.

New faces on television are not an unseen scenario so when asked the young 16 year old Priyal Gor about her idea of taking up this role she asserted, "Actually my friend had sent me for the auditions and I really wasn't expecting a positive response. But then I was called for a look test with Nishant Malkani they liked our pair. But I had a mole near my nose and as per character requirement I had to get rid of it."

When asked if she finds any similarity with her on screen character of Mona, she asserted, "I'm like Mona in my real life very chirpy, bubbly kind of a person. In my off screen life my Mom is a Punjabi and Dad is a Gujrati and similarly in the serial too I belong to a Punjabi family and Nishant is a Gujrati so I don't find enacting the role that difficult. But at times I do face some language problems but there are many people to guide me."

Also as they have conducted an outdoor shoot for the show, sharing her experience on the same in a very excited tone she said, "We have shot in Delhi and one entire day I was just riding the scooty and it was awesome fun. Also we had a shoot where I and Nishant go on a double ride he was so scared but we had great fun."

When asked about the buzz of her being Pooja Gor's sister in a very annoyed tone she said, "I'm not her sister. Many people came over asking me the same and I was wondering who Pooja is? Just because we share the same surname that doesn't make us sisters" and she signed off.
nycsweetie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Ram Milaayi Jodi- yet another love story!

The base of every show in television has to be a love story. Indian audience will never accept a show with a love story in it; it also plays a key role in increasing the TRPs of the channel. Therefore, joining hands with Magic Lantern production house, Zee TV  brings one more love story for the audience, 'Preet Se Bandhi Ye Dori Ram Milayi Jodi' from 20th of September, 9:30 PM, every Monday-Thursday.

Rijita Sharma, the writer and the producer of the show said, "The show is not just a love story but it's a family drama. It is always said that marriage does not only get two individual closer but it also strengthens the bond between two families. This is what the serial is about, apart from the love story, it also shows what happens when two families of different caste and group comes together."

The lead roles are played by Priyal Gor and Nishant Malkani. Priyal Gor (Mona Kaur)  will be doing her debut in television with this show, she plays this bubbly girl, hailing from a Punjabi family and Nishant Malkani ( Anukalp Gandhi) who was lastly seen in Star Plus' 'Sasural Genda Phool', will be playing a shy guy next door, hailing from  typical Gujarati family. As it is said that the opposites attract, same goes for this couple.  The actual story starts, when these two falls for each other and when their respective families come together with some bittersweet tale.

Apart from these two the cast includes actors such as Krutika Desai, Lalit Tiwari, Riva Bubber, Chitrapama and Suneel Sinha.

The joint producer Veiveck Budakoti of the show said, "This show is different and unique, the subject of the show has not yet been explored in any other serial of Zee TV. I ensure the audience that it's not just a love story but it's a story of the two families and I am sure the audience will appreciate the story line."

Let's see how far the audience appeals this show.

nycsweetie thumbnail

Ram Milaye Jodi does not have any negative characters : Rajita Sharma

Rajita Sharma

Writer Rajita Sharma who has conceived and developed shows like Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin, Ek Chabi Hain Pados Mein and Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai is back in action. This time on a new channel with a new show and in a new avatar as well. Rajita has turned producer for Zee's latest offering Ram Milaye Jodi. However, she is not alone as Viveck Budakoti joins in writer and producer as well. They are producing the show under the banner of Magic Lanterns. Rajita spoke to TellyChakkar.com about her show, expectations and her career graph. Excerpts from the conversation:

How would you describe Ram Milaye Jodi?
The concept was initially given by the creative team of Zee. They had given us an idea of the kind of show they want. We worked on that concept and developed the show as you see it today.

This is the story of Anukalp and Mona who come from different cultural backgrounds. Their ways of living, working and rituals are all very different. While one is Gujarati, the other one is a Punjabi. One is chilled out and bindaas, the other is reserved and conservative. This show will deal with the situations that arise when these two different individuals meet each other. This is my attempt at creating a 'slice of life' serial.

Interestingly, the other show you wrote, Yeh Rishta is also in the same time slot. Your reaction...
I did develop that serial with the Star Plus team when it started. I always believe one should draw a bigger line than the last one. I don't know whether I will be successful in the new project, but I will definitely try my best. This show is completely different from Yeh Rishta right from the story to the narrative style.

From a writer to a producer, how has the journey been?
I have been writing for a decade now and before that I had started my career as a documentary filmmaker. Everything put together, I have a combined experience of 15 years. Looking back, I have learnt a lot. In this industry, the day you stop learning, you will stop being successful. Even after 15 years in the industry, I still consider myself as a student and that keeps me going.

How do you feel television has changed since you started working?
Television changes every day, every week and every month. Shows enter our bedroom and living rooms and so as writers and producers we need to change our shows according to the audience tastes. You need to be dynamic to win a place in the audience's heart. Nothing is constant in the world of television. No show should be stagnant.

Is it true Ram Milaye does not have a typical negative character?
Yes, it is true. There are very few characters with grey shades. This show is completely based on real-life characters and if you look at the characters closely, they are not bad they do certain things according to the situation they are in. Sometimes, they are upset and revengeful -- these are all common traits in any real characters.

How was the outdoor experience in Delhi?
Fantastic! I love Delhi. Right from Indraprathsta to today's Delhi, we have shot everywhere, in front of the monuments, in Gurudwaras and almost every other place. Delhi has a typical historic feeling which you can't escape from.

How did you and Viveck work together as writers?
When I was writing Ram Milaye, the female angle came naturally but with Viveck coming in, we could also get the male perspective in the story. That brought about the much-needed balance. Let me also clarify that we have shown Punjabi and Gujarati families which is completely incidental. This show is based in Delhi for a simple reason -- Delhi doesn't represent a certain state, it's the whole country.

Why did you select a new girl opposite Nishant for Mona's role?
We auditioned a lot of actors, including experienced ones. But only Priyal had that innocence and rawness required for the role and I needed that. She may say a few wrong lines and give the wrong expression, but I wanted that innocent appeal, which Priyal has. She is very hard-working and always gives her best.

nycsweetie thumbnail

Sharhaan Singh does an evil number again, this time for Ram Milaye Jodi

Sharhaan Singh

Sharhaan Singh, last seen in Uttaran as Sid, Tapasya's boyfriend will now be seen in Ram Milaye Jodi. Sharhaan will make life hell for the lead actress, Priyal Gor.

A source informs, "He is playing a negative character. He will be shown deeply in love with Priyal who loves someone else. He will then start troubling and harassing her. His character is similar to Sid's character in Uttaran."

We called Sharhaan to confirm but he refused to comment.

The actor meanwhile has done a couple of Punjabi films, one with Jimmy Shergill and the other with Jaspal Bhatti. He will also be re-entering Jhansi Ki Rani soon.

nycsweetie thumbnail

Meher Vij back in action

Meher Vij

Meher Vij, last seen in Balaji's Kis Des Mein Hain Mera Dil is back in business. She will be seen in Ram Milaye Jodi, Rajita Sharma's first venture as an independent producer. The Zee serial will see Meher in a pivotal role.

Apparently it was Meher's performance in Kis Des… that got her the role in Ram…

A source in the know of things informs that Meher will play Hetal, the sister of the male lead Nishant Malkani. Hetal is a bit dominating and at the same time very sweet to people who are good to her. She wants everything in life at the soonest and before everyone else. And so this nature of hers impacts everything she does.

The pretty actress is set to start shooting for the show soon. We tried calling her but she was unavailable for comment.

nycsweetie thumbnail

Riva returns to the small screen as a Punjabi mom!

Riva Bubber

Remember Damini in Kyunki… Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi? Riva Bubber, the actress who played Damini in one of Indian television's much-loved, long running soaps is back after a hiatus of two years. She will be seen as the bride's mother in Zee's latest soap, Ram Milaye Jodi.

Why this absence from the small screen? "I had been working for eight long years so after Kyunki wound up, I made the most of the break, I went on five long vacations to Goa, Singapore and Malaysia and had loads of fun with my family. But I am happy to be back on the sets, was missing it," she smiles.

The "right" roles too were difficult to come by. "Let me confess the roles being offered were clichd with no promise at all. So I preferred waiting for the right project and when this character was offered to me, I liked it," says Riva.

Like Kyunki, in which she portrayed the role of a young mother, she will be playing the role of Vimmie, the mother of the lead girl (Priyal Gor) in Ram Milaye Jodi. Isn't she getting typecast? Riva does not seem to think so. "Though I am playing a mother again, this time it's not the typical mom you are used to seeing on screen. Vimmie is bubbly and at the same time completely blunt. She will say something without thinking of the impact and only after someone points it out will she realize! Her character is very interesting and she does a lot of wrong stuff; more than her daughter!" Riva explains.

She goes on to add, "This is not just a love story; a lot of importance is given to other characters too. My husband and I share a unique relation in the show. Though our daughter goes to college, we are still very romantic, go out for dates and have a lot of masti!"

Riva is happy she's playing the role of a Punjabi woman for the first time on screen. "It is a nice feeling," the pretty actress says. Riva believes it was Kyunki and her first show Kyun Hota Hai Pyar which brought her the recognition and fame. "But perhaps, Ram Milaye Jodi will prove to be a bigger and better show for my career."Well, we hope so too!

nycsweetie thumbnail
I am confident of RMJ's success - Nishant Malkani

At 23, cute faced Nishant Malkani is careful about the choices he makes on career front. After debuting in Miley Jab Hum Tum followed by Sasural Genda Phool, he has now taken the big leap and is all set to play the lead in Zee TV's forthcoming show Ram Milaaye Jodi. Malkani who comes across as a humble and patient guy, is confident about the success of his upcoming show.

The show has 15 year old Priyal Gor opposite him who will be facing the camera for the first time. Like a thorough gentleman that he is known to be Malkani helps her with her scenes and is passing on all the lessons he has learned so far in his career of eight months. Nevertheless, Nishant has surely come a long way and we wish him all the best for the success of his show.

The actor talks about the USP of RMJ, his off-screen camaraderie with his co-actors and journey so far.

It is the west and north that constitute the maximum viewership on television. Your show Raam Milayee Jodi revolves around two families - Gujarati and Punjabi. Is it a conscious decision to focus on these two groups to target the audiences?
It is the production's decision. They probably thought it would suit the storyline. I think the chemistry between a Punjabi and a Gujarati would look great. It is a great concept about this guy who is sweet, innocent and docile.

Though on professional front he is smart and is working with an MNC on a high post, he is a little shy when it comes to girls. The girl opposite him on the other hand is outgoing, daring, bindaas, chulbuli. He eventually gets attracted to her and feels she is the only who can complete me.

How similar is Nishant to Anukalp?
I am quite similar to Anukalp. Actually, I couldn't relate much to the characters that I have portrayed so far. In real life I become shy around girls. I too am a bit reserved and introvert just like Anukalp. But he is a typical example, and I am his toned down version.

Tell us about your background
I am from Delhi and landed in Kolkata to pursue my MBA. I got picked up in a local train by a modeling agency and MJHT happened to me later. God was kind enough to let me fulfill my dreams as I always wanted to become an actor.

How is it working with fresh face Priyal Gor?
I was a newcomer too until recently. I am only two shows old. I debuted with MJHT, so I understand the difficulty a newcomer has to face. What appears on camera can be completely different from what you do while performing especially the expressions.

Its an interesting experience working with Priyal who is very young. I am trying to nurture her as an actress. I have never been to an acting school myself and I have learnt whatever little I could in the past eight months has been through experiences. I am trying to teach her whatever I have learned and she is a quick learner.

From MJHT to Sasural Genda Phool and now RMJ, how has been your journey?
I have been very lucky so far. To be successful one has to have luck, talent and hard work and I would like to believe that I have been gifted with all three key factors. I just hope to give my best and make the show a big success.

A show on a rival channel apparently with a similar concept did not work at the 9:00 pm slot, do you think your show will be a hit with the audiences?
As far as I know the show had infused a lot of drama element in it. In our show we will try to keep the fun quotient alive always. Everyone has problems in their lives but you approach to deal with it makes the difference. In the show you will see us bumping into problems all the time but they will dealt in a light and funny manner. You will laugh at the situations we will fall into.

You have a direct competition from top rated show Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlaata Hai?
Yeh Rishta is a good show but we will work hard to make our show the best. I believe that our show is better than any of the shows right now.

You have been only doing romantic role before right from Adhiraj of MJHT to Anukalp of RMJ?
Adhiraj was a complete romantic character but Anukalp is different. Adhiraj was powerful, he had convincing powers but Anukalp is a bit hesitant. He thinks a lot, he doesn't hurt people. They are poles apart.

Any shade in particular that you would like to essay?
I would like to play a negative character because I think I can play it well. I would love to do different roles but I prefer romantic characters.

Who are you most comfortable with among all your co-actors?
I am most comfortable with Priyal. Everyone is nice; it's a lot of fun to work with them.

Are you're a director's actor?
No not really. I try to better than what they tell me. I am lucky enough to be called a one take artist by my director. So am happy.

Is Ram Milaaye the reason behind your sudden exit from Sasural Genda Phool suddenly?
Not really. My track was an on and off track and wasn't a regular one. I wasn't shooting much with them either. When I informed the production house about this offer, they were happy to let relieve me.

Do you have a mentor in real life?
No, I was just plain lucky. I am my own teacher. I know I have given bas scenes, but I keep improving myself.

Any Ram Milaye Jodi in personal life?
That is yet to happen! (laughs)

Edited by nycsweetie - 13 years ago