AR Are Not Romeo & Juliet - Page 5

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago
i think those etenal lover must be curing at themselves for sure, they sure will drink posion before some one comparing them with arπŸ˜†
Yesssh good to see so many others agree, and like many have said even in the good old times, the story was no where as good as Romeo and Juliet. The best phase of DMG has been in KaSh times as AR and the main reason was the good story, but still that story is not as good as Romeo and Juliet. I mean come on that IS a classic, and this is a stupid Indian show. The current AR love  has become this obsession, and the characters enacting it actually seem like some psychiatric patients. One keeps staring at "his love" while she sleeps (oh and this is while her husband is sent away by the lover), while the other one is pure psychotic with her crying, running, confusion, and constant deliberations. It is so messed up that forget R & J, they don't even match up to their past characterizations. Instead of favouring AR, this is ruining them to the hilt.

But even before, AR was filled with silly fights, and then doing some close, physical scenes to satisfy the audience. The story was lost after the first few months and it's an insult to compare them to R & J, or any other literary work.
And yeah I know who compared it to Romeo and Juliet, and as I said in my post, I don't care who said it, I disagree. The guy is wrong!

@Jaan: Ok so your similarity is that both were not in love but that still doesn't put the AR story on the same pedestal as Romeo and Juliet. How can people compare Shakespeare's great work with DMG? I'm sorry it's an insult to the great playwright and I think he's probably shaking his fist in anger from his grave.

@Dhw@ni: Uh ya so they're not like them just because of the ending? And somehow you know how it ends? Good for you.

@Zaynoo: I think it's your bias for your favorites speaking. Even as an AR fan I would never compare them to R & J, and if you have any good reason to think they are like them then do share.

KaSh_luv thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
LMAO...erm basically comparing cv's to Shakespeare...BIG no no... totally agree wid you..AR is no Romeo and Juliet.. even wen i was an AR fan i wudnt compare dem.. RJ der is substance in da story..whereas AR..ermm...
chocogurl thumbnail
Nice topic Seert! I definitely agree. No on-screen jodi is legendary like Romeo & Juliet, Laila-Majnu, etc.

I do believe that love is much more than what Romeo-Juliet ever had. But comparing an average onscreen couple to one very famous story is just wrong. AR are a typical, cool dude-shy girl couple; we have seen this combination SO many times onscreen. How does a comparison to one of the most famous stories even arise?! If AR is comparable to Romeo & Juliet, well there are many other love stories then, that one can compare to them. But it's just not right, because no story has ever been as famous as Romeo & Juliet's..

Plus, now AR has butchered themselves. Romeo & Juliet are remembered for their love for each other..AR are now remembered for their lust.

All in all, comparisons of an ordinary television couple to a veryy famous story/couple is quite silly.
patakhaguddi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Seert- Perhaps my meaning wasn't clear. I don't think R and J was a love story, I think it was a great piece of literature, incomparable, and Shakespeare is obviously a hugely talented playwright. As for AR and Romeo and Juliet. The only similarity is that Romeo and Juliet died and for me. So did Armaan Riddhima. Date of Death: September 21 2009

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

Romeo Juliet and AR ?

I would like to know when did the first pair had extra-marital-sex? And also.. AR love was just full of stupid fights, making up and breaking up, saying i love u thousand times, and giving passionate shots..

Where was the STORY? DMG has ANYTHING but story.. Huh.. Shakespeare will come out of his Coffin and beat people up if he comes to know abt this comparison..

You've said it all mate. I don't need to anything else here :)

Originally posted by: nikita_88

Seert Thank you for this post I am actually crying with happiness!

When I heard this I was truely gaging a classic like Romeo and Juilet to show AR right now! 🀣 Romeo and Juilet is remembered because it is Shakespeare at his best, he has the quality of putting emotions down to their bare bone! He does this with every play be it Jealous, Greed, he will show it all when you want a quote to explain emotion I always go to Shakespeare first.

Jaan Romeo and Juilet seems rushed, if you want a flaw in the story they were both 14 at the time, how does a 14 year old hold such emotions? πŸ˜† It is not about the pace of the story it is about what the story shows the emotions of love!

Not sure what I am saying now either but AR should not be compared to epics, no love story can be compared to such epics!

Yes man it was an epic and it's taught in schools b/c it's such a great work of fiction...can you imagine kids being taught about AR across the English speaking world? I shudder to think about such schools.
And ya I HAD to make this post after I heard what I did. I was quite shocked at the statement.

Originally posted by: DarkHellBlaze

Whoever compared Shakespeare's writing with DMG's writing is a complete idiot! R&J is remembered because of its amazing portrayal of characters and themes. AR are remembered because of their "HAWT"and steamy scenes, their childish banter and their never ending make-up break up scenes. And after this weeks scenes AR will be remembered because of their disgusting deeds.

Lol I love the last line to bits. For me they have ruined AR by showing such stuff and now I keep thinking of what they did and I feel disgusted. It's completely ruining AR's past love, and ya even that was nothing great. It was all about passionate scenes between the leads.
.Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Say what?

Armaan and Riddhima as Romeo and Juliet?

Oh please someone better be kidding me...ROFL....LMAO

Edited by .Angel - 13 years ago
patakhaguddi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Nikita- I find a flaw in the fact that people find Romeo and Juliet to be true love, i don't find a flaw in the emotions that it portrays etc etc. And i enjoyed reading it immensely because you can find so much in Shakespeare's words. Now. Everyone puh-lease stop jumping on me cause I don't think its true love.