AR Are Not Romeo & Juliet

Posted: 13 years ago
I see lots of posts on eternal love, AR forever, and quite a few AR fans claiming that AR are like Romeo and Juliet. And I am quite disappointed by such claims. I won't say shocked because nothing in this forum or DMG (offscreen and onscreen) shocks me anymore but I think this is demeaning the very classical love story of Romeo and Juliet. That story/play was written by the great playwright William Shakespeare and everything about it (including the story, plot, characters, dramatic themes, dialogues, imagery, etc) is far superior to anything related to AR. Before people start accusing me as some hater, I used to be an AR fan, and even while I was one, I would never dare to compare AR with Romeo Juliet, Laila Majnu, Shirin Farhad, or any other classical love tales.

Plus how can people compare them to Romeo and Juliet in this current track? The current track is actually butchering the characters and AR's love..the essence of their past love as well the good old memories are being ruined by showing this. Also, this is an Indian fictional show, and a very stupid and inconsistent one at that, and nothing about it is on the same level as Romeo and Juliet, then how can people claim this? I agree that AR have been in love for a long time and they did deal with some trials and tribulations, but how does that put them on the same pedestal as Romeo and Juliet?

I don't care who (and I really mean the who) says AR are like Romeo and Juliet, but they aren't. If people have some good counter arguments, then I'd love to hear them.

P.S. I don't believe in putting warnings/disclaimers, but I think this topic is a bit controversial so I urge people to treat others with respect, and please don't fight/bash anyone.
Edited by seert - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

punjabkudi98 thumbnail
Thank u for making this post i hate it wen people compare real luv stroys to fake luv storys!!!!!!!! Y do some people do that!!! AR can never be compared to heer-ranjha,lalia majnu and etc!!!!
patakhaguddi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Seert- I would actually disagree. Because when I read Romeo and Juliet I thought, all of this is junk, this isn't true love. Is it? He saw here, and boom, he's in love with her, just 10 pages ago, he was lamenting to Mercutio about how this other girl whom he  thought was so amazing was not with him anymore. I think that Romeo and Juliet were delusioned by themselves in to thinking they loved each other, it was attraction, it was passion, it was part of the thrill,  but love is so much deeper than that. If they had thought about it for a minute, would they risk themselves for someone they've known barely a couple of days? I'm not saying that AR was just passion, but it seem to happen rather quickly, there is a lack of understanding, Armaan and Riddhima never just sat down and talked, they never had an element of friendship in their romance, neither did Romeo and Juliet....I don't know where  I was going with that...but the point is....in my POV Romeo and Juliet is not real love, neither is AR...but I don't think that got across.

Edited by Jaan730 - 13 years ago
-.Kangan.- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
no they are not romeo and juliet but they are ARMAAN and RIDDHIMA.!!

they have created their own history!! 😊

P.S - i think the CV have just ruined the story completely! they should have reunited them long ago and not make the story more confusing and a drag on!

who's actually happy - AR fans? SR fans? ArSh fans? noo no one is..!!
sorry to go off the topic.. but i hate CVS!
we all loved DMG and now cos of them they have divided fans into groups! everyone fighting😔 not cool
pavs thumbnail
Romeo and Juliet are the ultimate legendary creation of Shakespeare. It will be a thorough insult to Shakespeare's calibre and the masterpiece itslef to compare it with some random soap characters. Especially a soap where love has transformed into obsession . Love should be selfless and it should never be jealous. AR do not fall into the parameters of this definition anymore. Romeo and Juliet is known all over the world as a 'star crossed ' couple whose love is unmatched and unparalled. Sorry to say AR love in recent episodes dwsnt even come close to being such a classic.. For that matter, even before, it had too many flaws and  characterisation problems to ever come half as close to Romeo and Juliet.

Love is patient; love is kind
and envies no one.
Love is never boastful, nor conceited, nor rude;
never selfish, nor quick to take offense.
There is nothing love cannot face;
there is no limit to its faith,
its hope, and its endurance.
In a word, there are three things
that last forever: faith, hope and love;
but the greatest of them all is love.

~ Corinthians 13:1-8
Now people who have sanity and who have some sensibility will think abt this quote and evaluate how close or more precisely how farfetched AR love comes to this quote.

p.s--i know ya the ASS who compares AR with romeo and juliet is mentally deranged.

p.s 2--i adore ur posts
amazing post👏

i salute you for this, atleast someone has the sense if rightness and knows the difference between rightness and wrongness!!!!

i agree with you 101%, ar is not Romeo and Juliet at all now, the cvs has ruined them to an extend that i have no clue how they will fix this mess now, they can never be laila majun nor shirin farhad for sure, i feel like calling ar by all this name is insult to those lover who die happily to see other one happy, after seeing that horror stuff of ar, i find hard to even call them a lover that once was there b/c they have taboo their relationship for sure, i agree ar cannot be all this people b/c there is no purtiy in their love now, there is only i want her and i don't care how i get her, this is not love, this is possiveness, love is that where you liek in the memory of your beloved not taint it.
Dhw@ni thumbnail
No.. ArmaanRiddhima aren't Romeo Juliet.. Because they are going to get together.. And have a happily ever after.. ! :-)
Romeo Juliet had a sad ending.. ArmaanRiddhima are sooo gonna have a happy one.. ! :P
literally123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Being an ex-AR fan, I would've considered them near Romeo and Juliet if these past scenes never have happened. The past scenes literally just brought down my respect for AR as a couple.

With their memories I do consider them near Romeo and Juliet...but looking at the past few scenes and etc. I will definitely say that they are NOT Romeo and Juliet.
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Romeo Juliet and AR ?

I would like to know when did the first pair had extra-marital-sex? And also.. AR love was just full of stupid fights, making up and breaking up, saying i love u thousand times, and giving passionate shots..

Where was the STORY? DMG has ANYTHING but story.. Huh.. Shakespeare will come out of his Coffin and beat people up if he comes to know abt this comparison..
punjabkudi98 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dhw@ni

No.. ArmaanRiddhima aren't Romeo Juliet.. Because they are going to get together.. And have a happily ever after.. ! :-)
Romeo Juliet had a sad ending.. ArmaanRiddhima are sooo gonna have a happy one.. ! :P

how do u know there going 2 be together