Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pavs thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
the person whoz said it maybe lives under the illusion tht his own ema is akin to romeo n juliet story🤡

Originally posted by: amna malik

M not a very big fan of Romeo and Juliet. For me every love story is beautiful. No matter how long or short it is, it's beautiful. I don't like comparing them cause each one of em have their own essence. Armaan and Riddhima had nothing special or different to them. M talking abt AR frm KaSh times. It was a typical love story. Opposite attract, shy girl, out going boy...takraar bana pyaar types. Wht i loved most abt them though, was tht they were young. It was a young love. A young first love is always  beautiful to witness. Tht was wht attracted me the most to them. So no i don't think their love story can be compared to anyone's. They were beautiful back in time. NOW CVs have just destroyed whtever was remaining . I don't think anyone can even remember AR wid a smile now, forget comparing them wid legendary couples

I know eh Amna and good to see another KaSh fan of those times agree that even then it was nothing like R & J. At least people know there's no biasedness involved there. It's all just a typical formula that they use in all Indian shows and they've even ruined that with this new track.
patakhaguddi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Pavs- ROFL. You'll laugh when you see the press conference tomorrow.
I also wanted to say. I think that Armaan Riddhima failed their "epic love" when the uhhh conceded [surmised was def not the right word] to their physical desires or whatever, because if Armaan had stayed in his mahaan mode like he was when he was trying to re-unite Sid and Riddhima, I would have had so much more respect for him than I do right now. Character Regression anyone?
Edited by Jaan730 - 13 years ago
petrichorr thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Nice topic.

All I can say is that  AR  story which was once upon a time a beautiful has been tainted and degraded so much that it cannot be compared with any epic love stories.
-Edelweiss- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The only thing I will compare AR with is an American teen flick; cool dude and shy girl. Nothing more, there is nothing legendary or eternal about their love. They never shared anything with each other apart from random eye locks and play dupatta dupatta with each other. They didn't even have a decent conversation with each other, it started out with an attraction and that is all it has been for the duration of time they were together.

I am not a fan of Romeo and Juliet, not as an epic love story nor as a literary piece, Shakespeare has written much better. But to compare this **** with R and J is just blasphemy. And I don't even understand on what basis can you even compare the two, their premise and situation is completely different. You compare two likes, not something that have no similarities to begin with.
petrichorr thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jaan730

I also wanted to say. I think that Armaan Riddhima failed their "epic love" when the uhhh surmised to their physical desires or whatever, because if Armaan had stayed in his mahaan mode like he was when he was trying to re-unite Sid and Riddhima, I would have had so much more respect for him than I do right now. Character Regression anyone?

Waiting to see the conf!
Cant agree more to what youve said...
pavs thumbnail

I also wanted to say. I think that Armaan Riddhima failed their "epic love" when the uhhh surmised to their physical desires or whatever, because if Armaan had stayed in his mahaan mode like he was when he was trying to re-unite Sid and Riddhima, I would have had so much more respect for him than I do right now. Character Regression anyone?

really man??i am so eager to see how sm ppl make  a complete fool of themselves😛...n total character regression..
Jennifer.L thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
LMAOOOO joke of the century! Who the?? In their right mind would compare R&J to AR!!😆shakespeare must be feelin so insulted inside his grave😆

Originally posted by: zainab25

The thing is that two people who try to hook up by lies, sex, and cheat at the end will never really re-unite. That is the standard rule of TV. That's shown as a taboo and it displays of how a couple can never be togehter....A.K.A A and R have hit the final nail on the coffin and after indulging into such an act, it's sure of that they cannot be together...Ever!! *faint, die* Here and the hereafter too.:P 😛 

For comparison, there needs to be common grounds and that's the prime reason to why we should not compare a classic like R&J and whatever remains is left over of A and R. R and J were 14 at the time, and Shakespeare thru out focuses on romantic love, specifically the intense passion that arouses up at first sight between Romeo and Juliet. In Romeo and Juliet, love is a violent, ecstatic, overpowering force that suppresses all other values, loyalties, and emotions. Now with A and R, they obviously had compatibility that to of kindergarten students *dosti one minute, katti the next minute* and their love never overpowered the social barriers which has been depicted very well thru 3 years....has Shashank still accepted Armaan? Did Riddhima decide to slit her wrist because her family was not accepting of Armaan? There have been numerous other occasions too where the societal pressure and values were shown to be above A-R's eternal *rolls eyes* love.  Love in Romeo and Juliet is a brutal, powerful emotion that captures individuals and catapults them against their world, and, at times, against themselves. All in all,  love, in other words, resists any single metaphor because it is too powerful to be so easily contained or understood, but in the case of A-R, it has only been intense eye locks, petty fights, and then even more petty make ups.

I can go on and on...but anyone to compare R and J and then the left over ashes of A and R is really not intellectual in anyway. *shakes head*

Shakespeare must be rolling in his grave, mate.

Completely agree to everything you said here.
And yes there are no common grounds, and there has been no progress in the story either. The story was at a stagnation point before, and now they have regressed and ruined whatever little was left of AR.
Yup I don't think Shashank has accepted Armaan, and more than that I don't even believe in AR's love. Riddhima never understood Armaan, and I think (as Armaan said in some very old episode), he's more of a habit for her than love. It's just silly to use eternal love expressions for these two.
And ya I can keep on ranting too but anyone who thinks AR are like R & J is just wrong. Period.

@Red: Agreed! Read the classic play before putting your foot in your mouth.
nikita_88 thumbnail

Nikita- I find a flaw in the fact that people find Romeo and Juliet to be true love, i don't find a flaw in the emotions that it portrays etc etc. And i enjoyed reading it immensely because you can find so much in Shakespeare's words. Now. Everyone puh-lease stop jumping on me cause I don't think its true love.

🤣 How dare you not think it is true love! 🤣🤣🤣

I don't know if it is true love or not but I was just saying it wasn't about the story it was about the emotions shown in the story as with every Shakespeare story!
Edited by nikita_88 - 13 years ago