Posted: 13 years ago

Okay, so I was reading all the twilight books again. I know I'm really sad.πŸ˜† +& It got me thinking. In breaking dawn, when alice gives bella contacts, she says the venom in the eyes will dislodge them. Also, the vampires in Twilight have venom in the teeth, so they can feed of an animal. So do they have venom in their mouth?!!πŸ˜•πŸ˜† cuz Edward kisses bella in all the books and before shes a vamp. wouldnt she turn into a vampire? since he has venom in the teeth/mouth?πŸ˜•

what do you guys think?πŸ˜•

*If you think this is a pointless topic, you can feel free to close* πŸ˜ƒ
The venom doesn't do anything unless it gets in the blood stream. So unless Bella had a sore or a cut on her lip or in her mouth, she's fine. Edward and Bella COULD  kiss, but he's worried that his teeth would cut her and then the venom would enter her body that way. So really, his venom isn't potent unless her skin is broken and blood is able to flow out of it.
This is why Bella wasn't turned into a vampire from eating the same piece of pizza that Edward had bitten into; the venom was in her stomach, not her blood.

I hope it helps :)
Edited by Ambrosia - 13 years ago
 Ohhh.. a very good question and point noted....  I have read it soo many times.. never gave this any thot... 😲 wow!!!!

and Amb... good answer... hmmm....  *nods in understanding*

@ Ambrosia: Oh I get, thanks for clearing it up.  But in your stomach do you have a blood stream? πŸ˜• πŸ€£ +& wouldn't the venom spread from the stomach to else where?

@ Anjana: I know, It got my thinking after 10000th time reading it.
Originally posted by Ebony.

@ Ambrosia: Oh I get, thanks for clearing it up.  But in your stomach do you have a blood stream? πŸ˜• πŸ€£ +& wouldn't the venom spread from the stomach to else where?

@ Anjana: I know, It got my thinking after 10000th time reading it.

As far as my knowledge in biology goes the stomach stores our swallowed food and liquid. From the stomach the food travels into the small intestine. This is where your food is broken down into nutrients that can enter the bloodstream. However a vampire's venom only flows when something is mouthwatering to them - like when humans salivate from smelling something tasty. I would think that to Edward, pizza is one of the most disgusting things in the worldπŸ˜† - I doubt it caused any venom to flow at all that could harm Bella when she took a bite of his piece.πŸ˜›

Edited by Ambrosia - 13 years ago
Anu, I think you are making a mistake.. I dunno. Anything that goes down our food pipe will be absorbed into our blood stream. And venom is designed to enter the blood stream, even a small amount could cause a lot of harm.

I think this is probably what is happening. When a vampire Kisses and when a Vampire bites there are two different things happening. Like you said, when a snake bites it release venom (venom flows when it sees its food) When Edward is kissing Bella I don't think there is any release of venom.

Edited by magnificent me - 13 years ago
Edward isn't a snake MiteshπŸ˜†
SM mentions that Bella is his brand of heroine. She kind of makes him salivate and there is a flow of venom in his mouth. I dont see any other reason..
Or it could be that he kept his mouth closed. They never shared open mouth kisses hence his venom never came in contact to Bella.
lol even I know he isn't a snake. I am just thinking because about how a "typical" vampire works like.

All I am confused about is whether whether is released when they are salivating or only upon physically biting. And it made more sense to me that they would when biting.

However, I have not read the whole book yet. I think I will stick to biology of humans instead of vampires.πŸ˜†
Originally posted by magnificent me

lol even I know he isn't a snake. I am just thinking because about how a "typical" vampire works like.

All I am confused about is whether whether is released when they are salivating or only upon physically biting. And it made more sense to me that they would when biting.

However, I have not read the whole book yet. I think I will stick to biology of humans instead of vampires.πŸ˜†

When they smell something mouth watering the venom pools in their mouths. Their razor sharp teeth is dangerous of course but it is not poisonous. Edward mentions that they use their teeth ad weapons. 
Oh right. Okay now I feel sorry for him.πŸ˜†πŸ˜† Thanks for clearing my misunderstanding too.πŸ˜›