written update - 08/06/10: Neeraj AGREES to propos

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago
All sisters & hubbies are @ Savita's house today, and move to their late dad's place, so I'll cover each part w/ their colors, instead of splitting it into parts like I normally would:

Jayita
Adisa
Roha
Mohreya
Yuvsa
Neeraj

Common sister moment

The scene starts w/ FV narrating that since the birth of Sakshi's kids, after she left work, being a working woman in the past, she could never give up the idea of earning money.  However, she and Aditya always disagreed - whether it was starting a restaurant, starting a new store, joining a job, whatever.  Aditya would either  dismiss an idea as stupid, or say that what she's doing currently is adequate.  Most of these scenes would  end in frustration for Sakshi.  All that said, this fight was private - nobody outside them, not even the other sisters, knew about it.

As a result, when Sakshi suggests that she run a daycare, Aditya instantly and openly objects.  He tells her that there's no need to run a daycare, and she reminds him that a few days ago, he had no objections.  Adi tells her that he had no idea she'd take this so seriously.  Sakshi confronts him that for him, the very concept of her working was a joke, and that work meant a lot to her - in fact, it was @ work that they met.  She argues that while she gave up working to raise her kids, the kids have grown a bit and she has a bit of time to work.  Adi yells that the kids ain't so grown up that she stops looking after them and focus everything on her ambitions.  He asks her whether they were left wanting from his salary alone, and if not, why does she want to take care of other kids as well?  Sakshi confronts him and demands to know whether he expected that all she do was make food for the kids, make his lunch, tend to him when he's back... and then tells him that she knew that's exactly what he wants.

All this yelling b/w them attracts all the other sisters & hubbies, who are stunned to see this confrontation. (Regardless of whether I agree w/ him or not, I'm glad Adi's issue got out in the open πŸ‘, instead of letting it fester, like Rohit did, or for that matter, Shradhya) Sakshi & Adi are unaware of this, and she tells him that she thought that he was different from typical men who expect their wives to do just housework, but was so wrong about him.  Adi is furious & turns towards her, but stops when he sees everyone else.  Sakshi turns around and sees them as well.  Everybody leaves, and a disgusted Adi leaves as well, leaving Sakshi alone & crying.

Later, all the couples arrive @ Savratkar's home, and the sisters get flashbacks of their childhood (I found amusing the shot of each sister serially doing each others hair, w/ Shyamrao starting w Savita, and Sandhya being the terminal point πŸ˜†) The sisters then enter, and their hubbies soon follow.

The sisters do the tulsi puja, and then all sisters & hubbies start working on the house, since it had been ignored.  Yuvi steps up and tries to relieve Savita of one of the rugs, and she tells him that as the damaat, he's not allowed to work - they do puja to the damaat πŸ€” Mohan comes up to her and points to Jayesh, who's cleaning the ceiling fan, and tells him 'naya damaat ka puja, aur purane dammat ka pocha' πŸ˜†πŸ€£ All of them have a good laugh @ this joke.

Outside, Rohit confronts both his wife & mom, telling Shradhya that he hadn't sent her here for a picnic.  He threatens to teach her a lesson after she comes home.  His mom tells Shradhya to ignore him.  Rohit reminds her that she was sent there to support him, but his mom tells him that she did whatever she thought was right.  Rohit says he'll do what he thinks right, and get that house in his name one way or the other, even by expelling her bahu if needed.

Mohreya are going upstairs, and they discuss the AdiSa fight earlier, w/ Mohan backing Sakshi & Shreya Aditya. πŸ˜† Mohan says that Aditya shouldn't have brought it up in front of everyone (he didn't - it was a private yelling that everyone heard and went to see) Shreya tells him not to discuss whose fault it was, or else, a new argument would start b/w them (sounds like a great idea πŸ˜†) They step outside, and run into Rohit's family.  They chat a bit, and then Rohit's mom tells Shradhya to come w/ her and help Savita w/ the cooking, and let Rohit have some fresh air.

Inside, Savita is cutting vegetables and getting a flashback of a conversation she had w/ Jayesh a few weeks ago.  She had suggested selling the house and divvying up the proceeds, and Jayesh was offended that she could dispatch her father's memories so easily.  To which, Savita said that this was indeed her own view, but she wanted to see how he reacts.  Jayesh comes into the kitchen, and Savita asks him about this - a few days ago, he reacted this way, but today, he himself proposed selling the house?  Jayesh begs her to avoid a scene like Adisa and discuss it in private when they return home.  Savita tries to refuse when she sees Shradhya & her MIL in the kitchen, and so lets Jayesh go.  Shradhya's MIL & she insist on helping, and so the 3 of them start working, instead of just Savita alone.

That night was a great sisters moment - all 5 of them - and Savita starts giving Sakshi a bhashan of how she talks back to Adi all the time.  Sakshi is disgusted and tells her that Adi nowadays doesn't take anything she says seriously.  She says that Adi doesn't understand her, and if Savita's going to take his side, she doesn't understand her either.  Savita retreats and says she won't take sides here.  So they agree to drop the topi, and turn to Sandhya - start asking her about her sasural & Yuvi.  Sandhya is full of praise for them, and Yuvi, who's watching from the window, is pleased that Sandhya thinks so highly of them.  While this is on, Shradhya is filled w/ sadness @ the thought that Yuvi is everything Rohit is not.  Sandhya also tells them that they've not yet gone on a honeymoon due to her dad's demise, and that Yuvi told her to take some time to come to terms w/ it.  Savita advises her that just as Yuvi has been understanding of her so far, it's her duty to understand him.  She has to go from being a daughter to being a wife, and reminds them that their father had told them that they can't always laugh @ the same jokes.  She tells them that they need to move on, and they all hug (this was a cute scene)

The scene shifts to Gwalior, where Neeraj is sitting alone in his room, and totally lost.  Yuvi's dad joins him, but Neeraj is totally inattentive until Yuvi's dad gets near him.  Yuvi's dad apologizes for putting him thru so much pain, and drops the proposal that he had given him.  Neeraj however tells him that he's prepared to do what he was asked.  Yuvi's dad tells him that he doesn't have to, but Neeraj tells him that he'll do what he's been asked, since he's always given everything for the family πŸ˜•  He tells him that his happiness isn't separate from theirs, and if Yuvi has been wronged by the gods, he won't let the injustice stand.  He also promises to behave completely normally w/ Sandhya.  He tells him that he will never lose - not even to fate.  Yuvi's dad breaks down and starts crying, and Neeraj hugs him.

Promo

Just a summation of the past weeks episode - nothing revealing.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUCdKT7peBw[/YOUTUBE]

Comments

Previously, Adi looked to me like a henpecked hubby.  Today, it turned out that he had a great deal to do w/ Sakshi not working.  While this may have looked pretty petulant on Adi's part, point remains that this is still a major  issue in not just India but the West as well - working moms.  If Adi did expect a wife who's simply stay home and tend to the kids, he picked the wrong sister.  But I was glad it came in the open - just wish the same would happen w/ Rohit in particular, if not Jayesh.

Speaking of Rohit, I liked his mom putting him in his place, and reducing Shradhya's embarrassment.  It was a nice touch of her to ask Shradhya to join Savita and help.  One thing - if Shradhya & Rohit do separate, I can see her hurting @ her losing her MIL.  I do  wish he had been exposed.  Too bad this will drag on.

I'm glad Yuvi's dad dropped his demand, but I think that Neeraj might have agreed for 2 reasons - either to prevent the Jagirdars from asking anyone else to substitute Yuvi, or better  yet, to come up w/ a plan where he can reveal this to Sandhya and help her out of there.  If it's the latter, full credit to him.

Today is my favorite episode since the serial started.
Episode rating: πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

πŸ‘πŸΌ: All the couples helping put the house in order, the 5 sisters moments

πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ: Neeraj agreeing to the proposal (unless he has a different idea re: Sandhya)  In fact, the entire Gwalior scene, the Adisa & Jayita fights
Edited by Vrisha - 13 years ago
I've yet to watch the episode - I think I'll watch it tomorrow since I'm too tired right now. But I'll comment once I watch it.. πŸ˜³πŸ˜†
Edited by -Fivr- - 13 years ago
*phew*

I finally found the time to watch Friday's episode and OMG! It was great! It was all rounded and quite interesting.

Alright, WHAT is up with Aditya?! If Sakshi's right and he really is all about the "Men work and women stay at home" rule then I will have to kick him to the door myself. He needs to wake up and smell the coffee - it's the 21st century! Women are just as professionally motivated as men! How can he expect a career woman like Sakshi to give up her ambitions entirely after marriage? He's out side of his mind. I don't quite like him right now.

I loved how Rohit was being shot down by his mom verbally and Shradha silently. And when his mom told Shradha that she didn't need to return to that hell hole, I almost broke into a dance! 🀣 I love how even though the women are in a "submissive" situation they still aren't without a back bone. Bad circumstances might hinder them but they haven't broken them and I find that refreshing. Go mom!! πŸ˜†

*sigh* Mohan's turning out to be my favorite husband so far. He's thoughtful of his wife AND her family. And he's absolutely in love with her. I think I might be developing a mini crush on him.. ☺️

Jayesh..? What's going on man? Evasive much? I seriously think something has happened to the other four brothers-in-law once they met at Savita's because there can be no other reason for why they've all begun to act like absolute imbeciles when it comes to their wives. Jayesh, Rohit, Aditya and Yuvraj alike!

Yuvraj creeps me out. I have nothing more to say. He creeps me out and I officially don't like him!

And that was some emotional blackmail Yuvraj's father pulled on Neeraj. Told him he'd "give up" if nothing worked and walked away all dejected? Yeah sure THAT's going to help Neeraj not jump in head first into this bad decision. He totally played Neeraj! I wouldn't be surprised if the guy was smirking as he faced away when Neeraj called out to him. Using both his foster son and his daughter-in-law... That's just so freaking disgusting and low for a family as high "class" as his! 🀒

i think they want neeraj to make her pregnant :s