Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ssdtvgojan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Hi Arp,

Awesome..........Loved it and even wanted to know the progress of the story..........Continue soon...........

Very well written.............

Definetely missed yr episode analysis...............But i am quite sure that this OS will compensate that............

Do continue..................Love to know how Sid/Ridz will handle such emotional issues.........

Keep going Arps........

Edited by ssdtvgojan - 13 years ago
chaturnehra thumbnail
it was beautiful.it brought a huge smile on my face.please update it soon.
norzar thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
hi

great OS, enjoyed reading it

oh no will something bad happen to Sid????????????

please do continue

norzar
celestae thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Arp, you are an amazing writer....... Can't bear Siddhima in pain......  Please do continue....
Ann.

-veena.shona- thumbnail
looks quiet interesting
add me 2 ur pm list
arp04srocks thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Ok...so i'm posting the next part...and i know i am going to get chappals thrown at me....so in advance...i'm sorry....but its necessary b/c it will lead to the ultimate point i'm trying to make...but i am telling ALL of you...I HATE sad endings...so take that and place it in the back of your mind...and maybe i will save myself from at least some chappals...😕

K enuf....here's PART 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After her morning with Sid and with his surprise gift for her Riddhima is floating on air.  As she gets ready she can't stop from pinching herself.  I mean she's the former Riddhima Gupta.  Nothing ever goes her way.  And just as things are settling down something has to come and turn her world upside down.   There was the truth about Papa.  Then there was Armaan losing his memory.  Then Armaan leaving her.  Sid sacrificing himself when Armaan came back.  And now, finally everything was back as it should.  Armaan had moved on.  Sid had accepted her and they were living as husband and wife for over a year.  And with each day they only seemed to fall even more in love.  Crazy I know but it's true.

She reflects on those first few months after they got back together and things seemed to be headed in a positive direction.  She just couldn't stop herself from overreacting to everything.  Finding something dooming in any mistakes Sid made. Starting with not responding to his I love you in the Fire Escape, to yelling her head off for him ditching her on their second date.  Let's not forget playing hard to get for weeks.  But as she goes over the sweet memories and the yelling at Sid she now knows that the only reason she was so extreme in her actions was because she was afraid.  Life had never let her stay happy for long.  She had been taught over and over again that the other shoe always drops.  And when it does it crushes her and after every stomp it gets harder and harder to find the strength to stand up again.  To fight for a life, to live life.

Ridz shakes her head and taps herself on the head break off her wandering thoughts.  And says to herself,  Pagli, everything is alright right now.  Heck everything is perfect.  Enjoy it, embrace it.  You don't know when you stopped looking for the other shoe, but life has been unbelievable and nothing has happened. And nothing will.  With these words circling in her head and with a smile on her face, Ridz practically skips to her car to head to the store and thinks about the special evening she has planned for her sweet hubby.  As she gets into the car she says out loud to herself, "Mr. Siddhant Modi, you better be ready cause your wifey is going to be wearing airport wala red and you know that can only mean trouble for you."  Ridz laughs out loud and puts the car into gear and heads to the store in preparation for tonight's "meeting".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dr. Rishab stops midway through as he realized that Sid had stopped listening. "Sid.  Siddhant! Siddhant!" He sees Sid jerk back and with sympathy he continues,  "Siddhant, I know this is unexpected.  But I need to make sure you understand what I am trying to tell you. How much of what I said did you actually hear?"  And he can tell by the blank face and pained eyes that all Sid heard was the first sentence.  And even that wasn't fully digested.  So he begins again taking a different approach.  Rishab got up from behind his desk walked over to Sid and placed both his hands on Sid's shoulders.  He kneeled in front of Sid and met his eyes.  Then he spoke from his heart.

"Sid remember when you were 10 years old and it was your first time in India? You were so eager to see everything.  You were fearless of the unknown.  Even though you didn't speak a word of Hindi and even though you had never met me.  You refused to let the fact that you were unfamiliar with something let you slow you down.  And you demanded I take you everywhere.  Man, I think it was right then and there that you became the son I never had to me.  I know I was just a friend of your father's but to me you became the boy I had always wanted but was never given.  And you know what was best about you? Your heart, you never once let on to others that I wasn't related to you.  In fact, even when your family came to visit with you people always thought you were my son and not your father's. And even though you were only 10 when you first came and you continued to come every year to visit, you didn't stop when you "became too old".  See Sid you are special.  Not just to me but to anyone who gets to know you.  And although all the facts and studies I read to you say that you have only a small percentage of chance of beating this thing. I truly believe that if anyone can gain the favorable odds, it's you. "

Sid looked up into the eyes of the man who had become more of a father to him than his real father.  He saw the hurt and ache for him in his uncle's eyes.  But he also so the love, the love that was given so freely to him when he was a child aching for attention.  A child who simply wanted someone to share what happened in his day with and was fortunate enough to find this man who by name was uncle, but in relation was something much greater.  Something much more precious. And he listened to the words he spoke. Especially, what he said next.

"Sid, this is the fight of your life, and it will require your every strength. Odds are saying you won't win.  But you know what gets most people? It is the fear of the unknown, it consumes them and distracts them from fighting.  It causes them to give up much sooner than they should. Sid you are someone who doesn't shy away from hardships of life.  You never have and I know you won't especially in this.  But you have something they don't.  You are fearless of the unknown and it is this fearlessness and that heart of gold that will help you fight this thing."  With these words Sid cracks and he leans forward and wraps his arms around Rishab.  Rishab embraces him and continues in a choked voice, "I know the odds say that to beat this thing you will need a miracle.  And they say miracles are rare.  And they are rare. BUT, they aren't unheard of.  In fact, years ago I myself got a miracle long after I stopped asking.  That miracle was you Siddhant.  You were my miracle."

The two men continued to embrace each other for a long time.  In that time Rishab tried to give all of his strength to his son for he knew that no matter what happened none of it would be easy for Siddhant.  After Siddhant had seemed to gather himself, he released Rishab and sat back.  Rishab sat silent and waited.

As Sid released his uncle, he took a deep breath and as he stared at his uncle.  All he said was, "Thank you." But he knew that his eyes would tell his uncle everything, they were a whirlwind of emotions filled initially with hurt, pain, disbelief and sadness.  But there was also a silent strength in them.  And upon seeing the strength Rishab knew he had gotten through to Sid.  That Sid wouldn't give up without trying. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sid walked out of the hospital and to his car numb.  He didn't notice anyone he passed nor did he notice anyone passing him.  All he had the strength for was to put one foot in front of the other.  All he could think about was what he needed to next.  No not about the treatments nor about what harm this truth would cause his world.  He could only think about getting to his car.  And once he reached the car all he could think about was getting into the car and starting to drive.  So that's what he did.  He started to drive, with no aim and no destination in mind.  And as he drove all that kept swirling through his thoughts was Riddhima.  How was he going to tell Riddhima? This was going to devastate her.  She had just gotten back that carefree smile and the sparkle in her eye less than a year ago.  He didn't want to be the reason she lost that smile or the sparkle.  And he definitely didn't want to be the one to put anymore tears in her eyes.  But he knew he couldn't hide this from her either.  If anything like this, God forbid, happened to her, he would never want her to hide it from him.  He would want to be by her side and help her through it.  So he knew he wouldn't be able to keep it from her.  She deserved the right to know. With this conclusion made Sid knew where he needed to go.  He was going to go home to his wife.  He was going to walk into the house grab her in his arms and hug her tight.  One last time, while things were still normal.  Before everything changed forever...

-Arp

Edited by arp04srocks - 13 years ago
MagicalKash thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Wow!! I have seen you many times in SR AT! But I never knew you were such an amazing writer!! Loved both the parts!! But plz don't give a sad ending plzzzzzzz!!
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Beautiful part But no sad ending plzzzzz!!! Saab Kush hona chahiye !!!
-Mayu- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
arps...what an update????no words to describe.....and so beautifully written.....each expression clear and sid...poor guy......i can't bear to see him in pain.......
i seriously owe you a standing ovation girl!!!!!!!!!!......
you are a rockstar!!!!!!!!!........
love ya
mayuri
-Mayu- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
when is the next update......can't wait now for the ridz-sid confrontation........hope she understands him and he recovers very early with his dear wifey being with him....

and next part should be longer huh?????....

warna......😡