Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

laxmi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Engager 2 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
pm list updated to include MuskaanGarewal1

I will be updating with the next 12 hours or so. I had to take a break after all that writing, and this next part is turning out to be trickier to write than I thought it would. I'm glad everyone seems to like the "interview", maybe I'll do it again in the future. 🤗Edited by laxmi2010 - 13 years ago
--Nargis-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Loved the update.....especially your interview...very clever of you!!!👏
laxmi2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Engager 2 Thumbnail + 5
Nothing Can Keep Us Apart

Part 8 - Making a choice

When Geet fled Khurana's she had no specific destination in mind. She just told the taxi driver to drive anywhere. Geet sat in the back of the taxi is a state of almost impenetrable shock, one hand resting on her abdomen, the other pressed hard against the pain in her chest. Having determined to live her own life, and never be considered weak, Geet had been unwilling to ever fully trust a man again. When Dev had abandoned her at the airport the betrayal had been painful because she had been naive and inexperienced. Maan's betrayal created an agony that seemed to eclipse her earlier pain. Somehow he had broken through the walls of her heart and made her begin to trust and respect him, to rely on his help and seek his approval. Now, believing he betrayed her, she interpreted is actions in a very different, and terrible light.

Lost in her depressing thoughts for some minutes, Geet finally looked around and noticed they were temporarily stopped due to heavy traffic in a busy shopping district. Glancing around she saw a shop for mothers and babies that seemed to pull her. Telling the driver she would get out here, she paid him with money from her bag and got out. She had no idea how she still had her bag with her, but it was a lucky thing. Walking up to the shop windows she glanced longingly at the baby toys, her hands again moving to rest on her abdomen.

"Dev Khurana. Maan Singh Khurana. How could I have been so stupid?" Tears started pouring down her face as she wept silently, overcome by a wave of despair. How long she stood there, weeping uncontrollably, Geet didn't know. She was unaware of the curious stares and murmurs that were made by passersby. All her memories of Maan and Dev swirled together in one horrible mess, fueling her despair.

Unknown to Geet, she was being observed by a woman inside the shop. This woman was the shop owner, Nandini Verma. Nandini had observed many pregnant women in the 25 years she had been a shop owner, many of whom had shed tears, but she had never seen a mother-to-be weep this uncontrollably. "The poor child," she thought. "I can't just let her stand there, miserable like that." Without a second thought she went out of the shop, to Geet's side, and put her hand gently on her shoulder.

"Beta, kya hua?" questioned Nandini.

"Kuch nahin, Aunty," responded Geet as she continued to cry.

"Bakwas! You are obviously upset. Come inside and have some tea." Gently placing her arm around Geet, Nandini guided her inside the shop and into her office in the back. The office was cosy, with nice comfy couches, and had a little kitchen that Nandini used to prepare tea and samosas. As Geet ate, she began to feel a bit better. Nandini's gentle coxing was effective, and Geet soon told her all that had happened from the time she first met Dev and Maan.

"I can see how you would be upset after what you learned today. But Geet, are you sure that Mr. Khurana knew what his brother was doing?"

"He must have known, Aunty. What other explanation is there? It can't just be coincidence, all those times he showed up in my life, his "buying" my land, taking me to Amritsar, where Naintara asked be to get an abortion. No, he is as big a traitor as his brother. I never want to see his face again! I don't know how, but I will get my justice, and then I will be rid of the Khurana family forever!" Geet was shaking as she said this words, she was so upset. Nandini was concerned by how emotional she was getting, and felt that she needed to say something important.

"Geet, I want to speak to you very seriously. I know that you feel betrayed. I know that you want to take revenge. But you need to remember something very important, your baby. You've almost had a miscarriage, and today's situation has not reduced your stress any. I think you need to try to calm down and think what is the best thing to do."

"What do you mean, Aunty?" asked Geet with a confused expression on her face.

"What I mean is that you have to decide which is more important, revenge, or your baby? Though I'm not a doctor, I know a lot about pregnancy. I've had three children myself, and created a business around mothers and babies. The health of the baby is dependent on the mother. When the mother is tense and upset it can be harmful to the baby. If you try to get justice right now, you might succeed, but at what cost to you and the baby? You know where Dev is now. The Khuranas aren't going to disappear if you wait a little while." Geet looked away with misery etched on her face, but she was taking in Nandini's words. Nandini gently turned Geet's face back and asked again, "You have to decide, which is more important, revenge, or your baby?"

It didn't take Geet any time to think about her answer as she replied, "My baby." Nandini smiled reassuringly. "What am I going to do? I can't go back to work for Maan, how will I live in Delhi? It wouldn't be right to live off of Pinky and Uncleji."

"Pinky?"

"My friend. I've been staying with her and her dad since I came to Delhi. I don't know how I'll get another job without any references."

"Well," said Nandini as she considered the problem, "you could work for me. It wouldn't pay as much as your old job, but at least it would be a beginning."

"Really, Aunty? You would let me work here?" Nandini nodded as she saw Geet smile for the first time since they met. She smiled back at Geet and they both stayed that way for a few seconds, until the ringing of Geet's phone interrupted them. Geet warily pulled the phone out of her bag, but when she saw it was Pinky she relaxed.

"Geet, where are you?" were the first words the Geet heard as she answered the call.

"I'm with a friend," was the reply.

"Geet, DD is really angry! He called here three times after I got home from work, wanting to speak with you. I don't know when I've ever heard him sound that angry."

"Pinky, I don't want to talk with him, ever. If he calls again tell him that I don't want anything to do with him."

"Well, you might not be able to help that," said Pinky nervously.

"What do you mean?"

"After the last phone call he showed up demanding to speak with you. He even insisted on searching the house, because he didn't believe that you weren't here. When he found out you were gone, he said that he would wait, and then he went out to his car. He's been siting there ever since. I don't think that he's going to leave until he sees you."

"Oh no," moaned Geet. "I can't go home now. I won't see his face! I'll have to find somewhere else to live. Pinky, I'll talk to you later." Geet ended the call, stood up abruptly and started pacing. "Mein, kya karoon? I can't go home, but where do I go?"

"Geet, if you're determined to move, you could move in with me," offered Nandini.

"Really, Aunty? But what about your family, will they have any problem?"

"My husband passed away a few years ago, and my children are grown, with their own families now. I have a small apartment, but there is a guest room. You're welcome to stay there as long as you want."

"Thank you so much, Aunty. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't met you."

Precap:

Savitri put down the phone and wept as if her heart was breaking.
Edited by laxmi2010 - 13 years ago
sweet scorpio thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
awesome!
i have just read all the parts and i must say u have descrideb each scenes really well!
i really do hope that maan will be able to make geet believe him!
continue soon!
plzzzz do pm me next time!
-RushTrip- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
lovely...i loved it..

nice..to know..she has a friend and confidante in nandini...

cant wait for your next update...
Antares thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
That was again a nice part.......the convo between Nandini and Geet was wonderful! A nice twist you brought in by making Geet work for Nandini and stay with her as well......wonder how Maneet would meet next.......do continue soon!
kritical_kritix thumbnail
Its just fabulous!!! I've loved each n every part of it. Add me to ur pm list too. Great going!!! :)

~Krati~
FaithnFate thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
sometimes we jus d'nt wanna listen to other person i guess it's natural ................well written
like ur new character nadini n her bond wid geet.Edited by 1kaarzoo - 13 years ago
TrueMuskaan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
love it!!!
poor Maan! waiting for Geet, and lol, he didnt believe that she wasnt home!! poor guy!!
please update soon!! i got so happy when i saw you PM after ages (has it been long? lol)

love,
 kally
raziya56 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
nice+ please continue...but the mis-understanding btw maneet...its breaking my heart!!!!!!!!