Users

Frequent Posters

-Sakina- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
your son is a grown up mr.bacchan.
joie de vivre thumbnail
Abhishek is an OK actor. He's not bad by any means, but he isn't good enough to pull off a script like Raavan which relies almost entirely on the actor's prowess to do justice to its whimsy and it's arrant capriciousness. There have been SO MANY, SO MANY movies which wouldn't have been half the classics they are if not for the leading man. What's Forrest Gump without Tom Hanks? Or The Dark Knight without Heath Ledger? What makes the Tamil version better is Vikram. Even the Tamil version of Yuva - Aayidha Ezuthu - was streets ahead of Yuva. I mean, those that raved about Abhishek in Yuva should watch Madhavan in the Tamil Version. And the fact that Surya was better than Ajay Devgan...

Guru was a good movie, and as the narrative was more conventional and linear, Abhishek shepherded by a director of Ratnam's calibre managed to perform. But with a script like Raavan, I doubt any mainstream Bollywood actor would've winged it. Even a legend like Vikram makes it only marginally better, so it's unlikely a merely good actor would've catapulted the movie into a class of its own. Maybe except Aamir Khan, idk. I think it's time Mani Ratnam starts working with other more talented actors - namely Ranbir Kapoor and Aamir Khan and Kareena, who unlike Ash isn't patricularly hamstrung by her good looks.
Edited by joie de vivre - 13 years ago
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
joie de vivre  I have the highest regard for your opinion. So I was wondering, do you think Saif might have been able to pull it off, keeping his Langda Tyagi in mind?
-Siddhi. thumbnail
Here comes Big B and his big mouth..he sure knows how to get people talking about him and his 'perfect parivar'.. does he even remember the same film was released in tamil too?? i really wish mani ratnam reacts to his comments and vows never to work with abhi-ash..they r so boring seriously..
TintinleMechant thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

It was stupid of Amitabh to come to the rescue, it made his son look weaker and like he NEEDED rescueing. I watched Raavan, and i think the bad reviews came fromthe fact that it wasnt an all out masala fest, or even a developmental film, it was more subtle and it felt like we werre watching Mani's mind, vision and wandering idea of morality unravel as themovie went forth. Though Vikram is a better Raavan, Abishek was not bad at all. He wasnt menacing, but he did justice to the character that was written for the hindi version, and evidently put a crapload of effort. His father coming to save him makes it look like he was crappier than he was.

Illogical thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
why am i not surprised...?

well, well... he did not say anything wrong, really... the editing "IS" patchy... abhishek's performance was not as bad as it is made out to be... movie was a bit disappointing...

what amuses me is that when members say that the editing was patchy, it is just an opinion and is okay, but when amitji says, it is hypocritical and wrong...

as a father, and as a viewer, he also has a right to opinion just like everyone else... but of course, since it's amitji, everything gets blown out of proportion... how predictable...!!
petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: iyer.siddhi

Here comes Big B and his big mouth..he sure knows how to get people talking about him and his 'perfect parivar'.. does he even remember the same film was released in tamil too?? i really wish mani ratnam reacts to his comments and vows never to work with abhi-ash..they r so boring seriously..

i strongly believe this will be manis last movie with abhi/ash

first abhis refusal to do the tamil version

and now the mess with the big B😆
apart from his big mouth at times

i really really hope vikram becomes a mani ratnam regular..

and mani doesnt stop making movies and go off to play golf everyday in kodaikanal...
Edited by bandicoot - 13 years ago
qwww thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Mani Sir seems to average about  one heart attack for each movie he makes these days. I wish him a long life so he can give us many more movies but its obvious that it stresses him out too much. Maybe some golf  for the next couple of years is not a bad idea. 😆Edited by qwww - 13 years ago
petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
LOL

thats true

and i wish he moves away from violence

and does a comedy like years ago....thiruda thiruda

or his regular in-the-city movie like alaipayuthey

politics in his movies is great but i woild prefer an apolitical movie
-Siddhi. thumbnail

Originally posted by: bandicoot

i strongly believe this will be manis last movie with abhi/ash

first abhis refusal to do the tamil version

and now the mess with the big B😆
apart from his big mouth at times

i really really hope vikram becomes a mani ratnam regular..

and mani doesnt stop making movies and go off to play golf everyday in kodaikanal...

@bold: yup..i agree..like how arvind swamy and maddy were..i had a major crush on both of them.i still watch his leo coffee ad on youtube😳 i really want mani ratnam  to make movies only in tamil..he is losing focus in hindi due to big marketing and promotions

Edited by iyer.siddhi - 13 years ago