Shama Sikander, TV stuntwoman

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Shama Sikander, TV stuntwoman

Shama Sikander aka Shunya of Sony's Seven has just shot with a 90 kg body rig camera attached to her slim body while filming for a TV soap making her the only actor in the industry to have gone through this exhausting shooting schedule.

Shama Sikander spoke in a recent interview, "I don't think any female actor has given a shot with such a heavy body rig camera attached. I had to wear it for close to two hours while we shot in a dingy cave in Borivili National Park. My director was convinced that I could pull off the shot and asked me to wear the special rig camera. I called him a sadist because he has made us go through a lot of painful stunts during the show and he has been especially tough on me."

Further she adds that, "The body rig camera is hardly used by actors in India because it is quite heavy and takes about half an hour to put it on. However, all the unit guys were incredibly supportive and would run towards me after every shot and make me sit and get a fan for me. In fact, I was treated like a princess that day and got everything that I asked for."

Shama says she loved the process of filming despite the pain her body felt, "I also played along and behaved like a spoilt little monster enjoying all the attention that was being showered on me. We did manage to get the shot perfectly right and my director was very happy with it, which gave me a lot of satisfaction, despite the pain."

Don't forget to watch Shunya's act on Seven every Friday at 9 pm.

Link http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2010/May/News_20100511_22

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dkmystery thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
thx so much for the article!
yes, Shama is indeed the tough one, I knew she could pull it off!!! 👏
but just can't believe that the shooting is almost done for this Season 😭
pritirays thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Wooooooooo! I simply love shuya's dhishoom dhishoom fights ............ I mean stunts yaar! She pulls off action sequences so well! 😉
dkmystery thumbnail
Originally posted by: pritirays

Wooooooooo! I simply love shuya's dhishoom dhishoom fights ............ I mean stunts yaar! She pulls off action sequences so well! 😉

yeah n kudos to the casting team, can't imagine any other actress in her place; well even Asmin is gr8 in action scenes!
pritirays thumbnail
Originally posted by: dkmystery

yeah n kudos to the casting team, can't imagine any other actress in her place; well even Asmin is gr8 in action scenes!

Yeah Asmin is one rought tough lady! But Shama is just so natural when it comes to fight sequences! I still can't forget her hair pulling act! 🤣
dkmystery thumbnail

Yeah Asmin is one rought tough lady! But Shama is just so natural when it comes to fight sequences! I still can't forget her hair pulling act! 🤣

u know, the actors playing Tish n Asht got hurt yesterday, shooting the last of the action scenes
these people are putting in so much effort in the show n look at the audience response 😡
pritirays thumbnail

u know, the actors playing Tish n Asht got hurt yesterday, shooting the last of the action scenes
these people are putting in so much effort in the show n look at the audience response 😡

I know, the actors are putting so much of effort! This article on Shama .............woooah! 90 kg camera for 2 hrs! She must be real tough man!

And Tish n Asht ka fight sequence hai kya? 😃
dkmystery thumbnail

I know, the actors are putting so much of effort! This article on Shama .............woooah! 90 kg camera for 2 hrs! She must be real tough man!

And Tish n Asht ka fight sequence hai kya? 😃

in the climax, all will have to fight with Asht, but while shooting they got hurt...
n I can't even imagine 90Kgs on me! it must have been tough!!!
n since we know the cast has such a friendly atmosphere, I can understand how much they must have enjoyed themselves...

n hey do u remember the intro scene of Eklavya, where they showed poachers in the jungle.. the actor who played the head of the poacher is actually the Assistant Director of the show!
pritirays thumbnail

in the climax, all will have to fight with Asht, but while shooting they got hurt...
Can't wait to see direct conflict btw the SEVEN n beej mantra despo.... Asht! 😆
n I can't even imagine 90Kgs on me! it must have been tough!!! I know!
n since we know the cast has such a friendly atmosphere, I can understand how much they must have enjoyed themselves...

n hey do u remember the intro scene of Eklavya, where they showed poachers in the jungle.. the actor who played the head of the poacher is actually the Assistant Director of the show!
I remember the scene, but not the face of the person! But how they ran off......! 🤣

dkmystery thumbnail

really yar! I don't think Indian television ever had such a show! n I'm mad with Indian people with sticking with their roti 'dhoti' saas bahus 😡

yeah, they ran away screaming bhagoooooo 🤣