Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Xinit thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: pogo

@ Xinit

Yes I know that there is much discrimination in Pakistan and Bangladesh. So what? The post is on discrimination in our country! Caste discrimination exists between Hindus, Muslims, Christians, Sikhs and all other communities. Here the criticism is not against any religion. It's about 'CASTE' discrimination!! You are blinded by hatred against certain communities, that's why such BS responses.

Keralites kill each other based on 'caste'?!!πŸ˜† πŸ˜†  First get you facts right about India man, then go study about foreign countries like Pakistan and Bangladesh!πŸ˜†

In Kerala, there is no caste based discrimination or atrocities today. Mainly because the backward classes are very well organised and powerful unlike in many other states. It's dumb to say that states like Kerala and Andra Pradesh are similar to Maharashtra, Bihar, Rajasthan, Punjab e.t.c. while coming to caste discrimination.
 The charts I posted are from 'National Crime Records Bureau'. You are saying it is BS?!πŸ˜† Stop talking rubbish mister, get out of your house and go learn more about India, then comeback and share with me your changed views. India of the affluent ones is entirely different from real India Xinit. Like Gandhi ji did, go to the villages and you will know. Nothing much has changed with regard to caste and gender bias in backward regions of our country since independence.

Xinit thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Kerala

Kerala is the one state with no caste discrimination and least gender based discrimination in India today.

In the state if a person utters a single word against members of  backward classes, there will be public uproar. Everyone, regardless of their their caste or community will turn against that person. In Kerala backward classes are educated and well organised unlike their counterparts in other states. They are not denied the right to education and power, unlike in other states.

Prove it... 😊
pogo thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Xinit

Yawn, where do you get all this communist garbage from? πŸ˜†
This is not a north India vs. south India pissing competition... πŸ˜†

Besides, how progressive in kerela? Not much. Beat your chest all you want about literacy rate if it makes you feel better..  πŸ˜†

Heard about something called HDI (Human Development Index)?πŸ˜‰
The Human Development Index (HDI) is a comparative measure of life expectancy, literacy, education and standards of living for countries worldwide. It is a standard means of measuring well being, especially child welfare. It is used to distinguish whether the country is a developed, a developing or an underdeveloped country, and also to measure the impact of economic policies on quality of life.

Kerala is the only state in India with HDI that is at par with that of developed nations of the world!

GDP growth cannot be taken as the criterion for measuring overall socio-economic development of a region. Kerala has lower levels of  poverty, malnutrition, infant mortality rate and higher life expectancy rate compared to states with higher GDP growth.

Kerala's infant mortality rate is 15.3 per 1,000 births versus 57.0 for India and 7 for the US. Its adult literacy rate is 91 per cent compared to India's 65 and the US's 99. Life expectancy at birth in Kerala is 75 years compared to 64 years in India and 77 years in the US. Female life expectancy in Kerala exceeds that of the male, just as it does in the developed world

Quoting eminent anthropologist Bill Mckibben "Though Kerala is mostly a land of paddy-covered plains, statistically Kerala stands out as the Mount Everest of social development; there's truly no place like it."

...         Kerala is the only state in India with HDI that is at par with that of developed nations of the world!

GDP growth cannot be taken as the criterion for measuring overall socio-economic development of a region. Kerala has lower levels of  poverty, malnutrition, infant mortality rate and higher life expectancy rate compared to states with higher GDP growth.

lol which kerala u talkin about? the kerala in india, or the kerala we got for HDI-deflatin keralities in trashy mid-east countries?πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
pogo thumbnail

Originally posted by: Xinit

Prove it... 😊

Kerala's society is less patriarchal than the rest of the country. In Kerala Gender relations are among the most equitable in India and the whole of Third World. It is the only state in India where number of females is higher than that of males. The state where female infanticide rates is the lowest.

Vivekananda called 19th century Kerala, a 'madhouse' after witnessing the deep rooted evil customs related to caste system.  But then some legendary figures emerged from the backward communities. They fought for the rights and dignity of their downtrodden brethen and emerged victorious. Today backward classes including OBCs, SCs and a section of STs(mainly the tribe known as the 'Kanis') are very well organized and have attained great progress compared to their counterparts in other states. The only other state where backward classes are not oppressed today is Andra Pradesh.

ProofπŸ˜† Visit Kerala and see it all for yourself.😊  Travel around the villages and see how people of different religions and castes peacefully co-exist.😊
Edited by pogo - 14 years ago
pogo thumbnail

Originally posted by: cuckoocutter

lol which kerala u talkin about? the kerala in india, or the kerala we got for HDI-deflatin keralities in trashy mid-east countries?πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

So how old are you yaar 13 or 14?πŸ˜‰ I have nothing else to ask you, you knowπŸ˜‰ Xinit is bit more sensible, I prefer himπŸ˜‰ And did you do, what i sujested? To learn more about India before talking bulls_it?πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

So how old are you yaar 13 or 14?πŸ˜‰ I have nothing else to ask you, you knowπŸ˜‰ Xinit is bit more sensible, I prefer himπŸ˜‰ And did you do, what i sujested? To learn more about India before talking bulls_it?πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

lol but i learned that in pre-school itself. but u, i see u still talkin bullS, n doin bullS. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
pogo thumbnail

Originally posted by: cuckoocutter

lol but i learned that in pre-school itself, but u, i see u still talkin bullS, n doin bullS. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

You learned everything about India in pre-school itself!πŸ˜†  So you learned that India is a union of states and M.K. Gandhi is the Father of the nation.πŸ˜‰ Enough information to give long speechesπŸ˜‰ I have seen lots of mor_ns doing thatπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
I believe you,  as I can see from your posts that  you know everything  that an average preschooler knows!πŸ˜‰ 
Edited by pogo - 14 years ago

You learned everything about India in pre-school itself!πŸ˜†  So you learned that India is a union of states and M.K. Gandhi is the Father of the nation.πŸ˜‰ Enough information to give long speechesπŸ˜‰ I have seen lots of mor_ns doing thatπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
I believe you,  as I can see from your posts that  you know everything  that an average preschooler knows!πŸ˜‰ 

lol man, r u doin idlis again? wherevr one turns u're dispensin gobar.πŸ˜† πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Edited by cuckoocutter - 14 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Om Shanti Shanti.
If not the Ghost of Mohan lal will be here.πŸ˜†
But frankly I do notice that several steps are being taken in Kerala to fight agains discriminations.
Still there seem to be some complaints which generally is found in most societies But this culd be an isolated case.