Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lazyleaves thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: AngelTeen

^ Things like this make me not feel like writing anymore. Disgusting.

Rae, dil pe mat le yaar! 😃
lazyleaves thumbnail
I hope Angel-Jot. doesn't mind our 'interference' :P and the chatting :D

*makes an innocent face*
AngelTeen thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: lazyleaves

I hope Angel-Jot. doesn't mind our 'interference' :P and the chatting :D

*makes an innocent face*

Not chatting, just seriously thinking out aloud about leaving IF as an author and basically stopping to write FFs if plagiarism is so frickin rampant here.
lazyleaves thumbnail

Originally posted by: AngelTeen

Not chatting, just seriously thinking out aloud about leaving IF as an author and basically stopping to write FFs if plagiarism is so frickin rampant here.

It is there everywhere, Rae! See even published books are plagiarised! What are we then?

And ha, never stop writing :)
Edited by lazyleaves - 11 years ago
Krani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Is it possible that us members make a hall of shame and you sticky it? 

Or no?
reflorated thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Actually K, the hall of shame is a brilliant idea. I do know of a case where mods made a topic announcing how a certain member had plagiarised ...

Wait the thread was made by SuhaanaSafar ... Lemme link it here

Jot - I've thought about being a mod, and I decided I wanna be a mod for the fan fiction forum. I'm such a nice person Jot, I always come here and give my (un)required two cents, will you make me a mod please? 😆

lazyleaves thumbnail

Originally posted by: Krani

Is it possible that us members make a hall of shame and you sticky it? 

Or no?

I doubt that would happen and like I said before, they will always come back with a new ID 😡
reflorated thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Guys here is the thread opened by SuhaanaSafar

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1522270

What we are suggesting, Jot, is that instead of making individual threads, why not make a single thread where you announce who plagiarised the story and from where?

Not the normal members of IF, the mods

=)
BlueMystique thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
I know that the reason mods don't ban a plagiarizer is because they think they will come back with a MID. But is that reason enough to not do it?

This is a clear case of how well the warning levels work...they don't. I read that she had plagiarized before, and I assuming her WLs are increased. What good did that do? Nothing. If you had banned her, maybe she would have come back with an MID, or maybe she wouldn't have. Just because some measure might not work, it isn't reason enough not to do it.

Habe more stringent rules, ban the member the minute it is confirmed that they have plagiarized. Don't give them time to make excuses, or shift their works to blogs where they continue to plagiarize.

You know what? I am absolutely fed up with this bullshit where Vijay and/or the developers refuse to take note of the issues on the forum. Maybe they won't until someone actually makes them liable for the copyright infringement that runs rampant around this forum. Maybe it's time, we take this issue elsewhere and report IF as a whole.
Krani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: lazyleaves

I doubt that would happen and like I said before, they will always come back with a new ID 😡

Doesn't matter. Let them. If they plagiarise again, that username will get banned/be on the hall of shame too. 
Let them keep making MIDs, and then maybe Vijay will realise what a problem plagiarising is and wake up from his beauty sleep.

At least the "readers" they have, will know the absolute truth. Half the readers do not know the truth about their plagiarising writers. 

~K