Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Krani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 11 years ago
Also I'll be honest, I don't think that the possibility a plagiariser may be attacked by other members should be a reason we shouldn't take strict action. 

If you are afraid of this, then just delete that username. If they come back with an MID, and commit an offence again, we'll do teh same thing again - surely a person who is too lazy to make their own story will tire of making more accounts. 

Also they will run out of stories to plagairise with every MID. 

But with a Hall of Shame, even the readers are aware of which members to avoid reading the work of - and if the plagiarisers are not getting any comments or likes, they will stop. 

~K
Edited by Krani - 11 years ago
AraBearxo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Krani

Also I'll be honest, I don't think that the reason a plagiariser may be attacked by other members should be a reason we shouldn't take strict action. 

If you are afraid of this, then just delete that username. If they come back with an MID, and commit an offence again, we'll do teh same thing again - surely a person who is too lazy to make their own story will tire of making more accounts. 

Also they will run out of stories to plagairise with every MID. 

But with a Hall of Shame, even the readers are aware of which members to avoid reading the work of - and if the plagiarisers are not getting any comments or likes, they will stop. 

~K

I think the main reason for "P" is the crving for appreciations and once that's gone(the appreciation) . . . 
Krani thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: AraBearxx

I think the main reason for "P" is the crving for appreciations and once that's gone(the appreciation) . . . 

Exactly my point! They do it for the quick fame and attention and if they are included on the list and shamed publicly their reader list will die like that as well. 

I am seriously confused about why the plagiarisers are being protected when it's the writers of original stories that get hurt by their actions. 

.Dulcet thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
being a non-writer, i would be very happy, if there are more "FanFiction in the Spotlight" :D

:)

-shilpa
BlueMystique thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Aanya.

I agree. I'm not saying we are lenient/nonchalant in dealing with plagiarism but why do we have to increase the warning in small increments each time plagiarism occurs? It's almost like waiting for them to plagiarize. I think the story should be deleted right from the beginning. Plagiarism is plagiarism, there's no degree for it.

Banning the person would be harsh since this isn't a forum exclusively for FFs but we can definitely increase their WL to the max.

At least that's how I feel :)

But isn't harsh exactly what this forum needs? Why should it matter that this forum isn't only for FFs? It's a crime to infringe on copyright, and it should be punished. WL raise isn't doing anything as we can clearly see, so why don't they try out banning the member the minute they plagiarize, and see how that works out?
reflorated thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Jot - See, the Hall of Shame is something that should be up to the mods. The opposers of the idea, and the supporters of the ideas have strong points to back them up. Both the arguments make sense to me.

As for raising WL's, I think it should be applied to members who break forum rules, and not to something like plagiarism. For plagiarism, banning should be mandatory. By saying that WL's will be raised, IF automatically says that the rules it has established for the harmonious working of the forum and plagiarism (which is an actual crime and can land you up in jail) to be of the same level.

As you said, you have been plagiarised too, and you therefore know how painful it is, to see your work being stolen. Can this issue please be raised in front of people with higher authorities.

Or even better, can a meeting be arranged with Vijay and us, so WE can talk - face to face - so as Vijay can understand our position better?

-V
Angel-Jot thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Guys.. just give us some time.. We're discussing the new rules and whatnot so nothing is set in stone as of yet. I'll update you guys here continuously as i've been doing and when everything has officially been decided, a post will be up announcing it for everyone. But I'll definitely pass on your opinions to Radha.. this will help us in making the rules better. =]

And i'm sorry but the Hall of Shame thread is a strict no.

As for the FF in the spotlight thread.. Rabia is working on the next one. It'll be up as soon as she has time. =)
Edited by Angel-Jot. - 11 years ago
lazyleaves thumbnail
^Thank you :-)

Also please you make the announcement on different forums about the writer to writer thread.

And please forward the suggestion of not allowing newbies to send any PMs to people who are not on their list.

Thanks once again :-)
lazyleaves thumbnail
Wrong forum :-PEdited by lazyleaves - 11 years ago
.Dulcet thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
thank youu Angel-Jot, waiting for the next FF in the Spotlight! :)

totally love the idea!