Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Sookie- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
I think the last part itself hinted at her parent(s) being alcoholic. Can see now that perhaps it was the root of issues which made her childhood not as normal as other kids. These kids, who see substance abuse of sorts, are forced to grow up really fast, don't they? Perhaps that's where her detachment from comes from; looking at the world in a weary point of view and dismissing anything that screams normalcy.

Liked the interaction with her Dad. He is kind of my dad who thought a fourteen year old girl should differentiate between writing and content and learn detachment from the content itself and appreciate only writing and style of writing by ignoring the fact that the said girl was reading Lolita. :-)

I guess the story now gets deeper!

Sookie
Moodyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
great update...
naina shares a really great rapport with her father.... he seems to be really cool , rather than trying to impose anything just for the sake of him being naina's father, he listens to what naina has to say....

wish naina geyts past her fears soon....
Sur_10 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
hey aparajita
This is the first time Im commenting on ur thread- Sookie sent me the link. And I must say its marvelous!
I havent read anything like this before. Its like Im living this girl's life. u share my view on Love and boyfriends, school, homework,maths, changing seats and somewhere Twilight. Yeah only the first book and few parts of last book were readable. truly overrated.
the characters are wonderfully done and very interesting yet natural.
the relationship shared by the girl with her mom is so sweet, much like mine. one can identify very easily
And i can understand wat non bf material is as im one of them :)
cont asap nd plz pm me if possible
Love
Sur
_.serendipity._ thumbnail
Wow, Aparajita! WOW!! The way you describe Naina's feelings is so powerful. The first two paragraphs are simply beautiful!! :) 
Very well-written.. The story is getting very, very captivating.
Looking forward to more :D
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
AMAZING. I know you of all people would know how to write on alcoholism, and I'm pretty sure you'll do a great job :)

I love Naina, I seriously do. Her character is so relatable, yet so different from what we generally see. What really strikes me about her is her genuineness. She's not fake. You're developing her character beautifully :)

Also, I wonder what's with Nandita's parents. She did mention their bickering briefly in the previous chapter, but now I'm really curious to know why. I'm really glad you decided to explore other characters equally, gives a new dimension to the story.

Keep it up Aps! :)) Really looking forward to more :D
pinkorblack thumbnail
sorry for the late reply....was out pf town....
first of all, Naina's dad is coolness personified.... despite naina 's parents having had divorced ...i feel that naina is lucky to get love from both of them....but wish she could spent more time with her dad.... i feel that naina has got trait of independent frm her dad.....

nandita's part was bit confusing.... but im sure you will clear the confusion soon....it seems her parents are regular in creating some havoc at their house...

so naina 's parents were alcoholics......feeling bad fr her but iwish that she sweep her problems under the carpet but face them with her will.

thanks fr ud...
MrMonster thumbnail
I loved the interaction with her dad. She shares a good relationship with her parents, which is odd considering the fact that they were alcoholics, I don't know How I would have reacted to that. But then it's still nice to know. Poor Nandita, I really can't get how she can be so cheerful when her parents are always fighting. Your story revolving around a teenager is better then those others, how the cheerleaders are mean, the nerds are nice.. and all that, Stupid stories, I mean there are things like that, but there could be a nerd whose vain, or a cheerleader whose depressed, I hate it how they stereotype it into one little world. But the end, was kind of shocking, but i'm not really good at guessing things, I really didn't thing that her parents would be alcoholic i mean, They seemed so aware of themselves, So conscious, so sensible, It's odd, but i like how the story is getting deeper. Continue soon!
yikes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Sookie-

I think the last part itself hinted at her parent(s) being alcoholic. Can see now that perhaps it was the root of issues which made her childhood not as normal as other kids. These kids, who see substance abuse of sorts, are forced to grow up really fast, don't they? Perhaps that's where her detachment from comes from; looking at the world in a weary point of view and dismissing anything that screams normalcy.

Liked the interaction with her Dad. He is kind of my dad who thought a fourteen year old girl should differentiate between writing and content and learn detachment from the content itself and appreciate only writing and style of writing by ignoring the fact that the said girl was reading Lolita. :-)

I guess the story now gets deeper!

Sookie

You're right. If a child faces substance abuse then it does have a deep impact on his/her psychology. It certainly forces them to grow up sooner and more than their age. Naina is someone who cannot accept the basic goodness in people, like you said, she dismisses everything that screams normalcy.

I liked the way you described her dad lol :) Glad you liked their interaction!

Yes, the story now gets deeper! 😊
yikes thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sur_Singhania

hey aparajita

This is the first time Im commenting on ur thread- Sookie sent me the link. And I must say its marvelous!
I havent read anything like this before. Its like Im living this girl's life. u share my view on Love and boyfriends, school, homework,maths, changing seats and somewhere Twilight. Yeah only the first book and few parts of last book were readable. truly overrated.
the characters are wonderfully done and very interesting yet natural.
the relationship shared by the girl with her mom is so sweet, much like mine. one can identify very easily
And i can understand wat non bf material is as im one of them :)
cont asap nd plz pm me if possible
Love
Sur

Hey Sur! Thankyou so much!

I'm so glad you can connect with her. Join the anti-Twilight group! We're all haters here hehe :P

Thankyou so much once again Sur :)
yikes thumbnail

Originally posted by: _.serendipity._

Wow, Aparajita! WOW!! The way you describe Naina's feelings is so powerful. The first two paragraphs are simply beautiful!! :) 

Very well-written.. The story is getting very, very captivating.
Looking forward to more :D

Thankyou so much Hema! 😃