Posted: 14 years ago
hey guys, i hope you remember me. I'm aparajita, neeta's cousion :) i'm writing this story called 'solace' on my blog, and felt like sharing it with you all :) i've just written two parts till now but i'll try to update it regularly. also, i'm posting a link to my blog. please do comment there aswell, even if it's as anonymous. it would mean alot to me :)

link: IF is not letting me post the link because i haven't completed 25 posts 😕 i guess i'll ask neeta to do it for me in a while, since i'm using her computer. this is wierd :S

*Warning: This story might contain a little abusive language.

SOLACE

Part 1

No matter how hard I try, my fantasies never seem to have a happy ending.

I lean back in my driver's seat and let out a sigh. I close my eyes, trying to shut out the depression that was slowly infusing into my brain. Loneliness was something I never quite understood how to deal with. It always over-powered my will power and completely took control of me.

I'm not legally allowed to drive. But hey, India is not meant for legal stuff. Everyone does something illegal here, so who cares ? Atleast driving puts me to peace. Plus, just 2 years to go. Not a problem at all.

It's 10:30 am at night and the traffic is beginning to thin down. There's a dhaba right next to where I'm parked. Not exactly a dhaba, more like a chai-stall. I wave to a waiter-cum-chai maker kid roaming around the place, trying to attract more customers. He walks to me and I ask him to bring me one cup of tea. Although I'm not really fond of tea, I just need something hot to go down my throat.

Within a few minutes, I'm holding a fresh cup, no, kullad of tea and the heat makes me feel better, atleast to a small extent. Why am I so sad ? Frankly, I'm not really sure. It's alot of things all mixed up together. You know, like the times when you can't help but say, "Shit happens"

Let's try to make a list:

School
Financial problems
Emotional problems
Dealing with the past
Everyday crisis
Home-related crisis

Etc.

Coming back to where I started this thought process from. None of my fantasies seem to have a happy ending. I wonder whether it's some kind of an odd future prediction or just my warped brain screwing my thoughts up.

I was about to delve deeper into this thought when my cell phone rang. It's mom. She wants me back. I sigh once again and with great effort, sit up in my seat. I straighten up my seat, pull it forward and insert the key into the ignition. I don't believe in seat belts. They don't really help. Getting the car into gear, I hit the accelerator and head home.

PART 2

I often wonder whether it's my school that's so nasty that I can't help but hate it, or it's me whose simply being a normal teenager. I don't know, but I believe the former most of the times to pacify my inner self.

Plus, it's not just the school, I have a problem with the entire system. You want an education ? India's not the place for you. Go to some country where practicality and intelligence are real concepts, and not just theoretical concepts like other theoretical concepts. Theory, theories about that theory, and more theories about both these theories, that's what our system is about. Oh and I almost forgot - Marks. And grades.

I'm trying really hard here to focus on my maths homework. Maths in class 11th is a major pain in the rear. It's probably tougher than Newton, Einstien, Aryabhatta and all the other geeky scientists, put together would have imagined it to be two/three centuries later.

It's 5:40 pm in the evening and there are so many things that I'd rather be doing. No, I don't mean logging in to facebook and uploading pics of myself shitting in the loo. I have yet to go to the market and buy some stuff, I have to go find a plumber because the kitchen tap is leaking, I have to call the hardware guy to fix up my CD-Rom, I also have to send a few important mails. And yet, I'm sitting here trying to understand 'Limits & Derivatives', which might not even help me 20 years hence.

People often cite that I'm not their 'regular' teenager, I really don't know what that means, or whether it's a positive implication or a negative one. All I know is that I'm different. My life, habits, ambitions are different.

I hate my phone. It rings too much. It's ringing now. I don't feel like picking it up, but I finally let out a sigh and pick it up, "Hello ?"

"Naina, dude, how's the homework coming along ?". It's my classmate, the one I sit with, and my friend too.

"Horribly. I haven't done anything", I reply, while making a face at my book. I can hear her sighing on the other end, "Yeah, it's the same with me. Looks like we're in for some nice shit tomorrow in maths class"

"Most probably. I'll bring my shiny armour", I reply with a slight grin. I can hear her grin too, I hang up without saying bye. That's kind of silly.

INDEX:

Part 1, 2, 3 - Page 1

Thanks! 😃
Edited by scratches-head - 13 years ago
lol, IF is pretty wierd that way.

here's the link to her blog:

:)
lol! I-F doesn't let members wid less than 25 posted posts to share links to avoid adversiting and spam, like how many times has happened (specially in tv shows and series forums) that u find someone adversiting another site similar to this one?..  hope u get me. 😃

as for the new story, sounds amazing, i'll read everything that u updated and comment later, thanks for the pm. 😃
hope u have a great time and post loads of posts soon! 😆😃
Originally posted by Girl_2007

lol! I-F doesn't let members wid less than 25 posted posts to share links to avoid adversiting and spam, like how many times has happened (specially in tv shows and series forums) that u find someone adversiting another site similar to this one?..  hope u get me. 😃

as for the new story, sounds amazing, i'll read everything that u updated and comment later, thanks for the pm. 😃
hope u have a great time and post loads of posts soon! 😆😃

yeah, i know what you mean, but i really wanted to post that link myself lol 😛 anyway, it's okay =)

thanks for the comment! :) i'll update soon :D 😃

*edit 😛

Edited by scratches-head - 14 years ago
PART 3

There is something extremely wrong with the whole concept of 'love'. There are some major loopholes in the whole theory that has been constructed by the society (Which includes expression of love in the written form, movies, Television et al) over the period of time.

Version 1.1: Romeo and Juliet were two idiots who fell in love (apparently) and then died in the end for each other. Bravo! Here's love for you.

Version 1.10: Edward and Bella are two idiots who fell in love (apparently) and constantly keep looking for oppurtunities to die for each other. Bravo, yet again!

But then, beyond literature, 'love', as we know it, doesn't really exist. There really is no blue-eyed prince charming out there who will come and sweep you off your feet. There really is no hero who will always save you from the bad guys. There is no one who has looks of the ultimate greek god, a heart of gold and a chivalrous nature.

But you know, I can't really say the same for the girls. You know why ? Because girls are plain and simple dumb. They would be ready to sacrifice everything they have in the wink of an eye, the moment someone comes and says, "Sweetheart, I love you" (And I wanna have sex with you. But ofcourse, no one really says that) Most of the girls in my age-group live in the fantasy of a blue-eyed prince. Just when you thought that womenhood has finally begun to make some progress, these girls prove you wrong in no time.

So finally, the whole deal is that love is nothing but Bull.

Anyway, more on that later. Right now, I'm on my way to the place I dread the most - my school. Funnily though, the bus ride to school always has me thinking about some or the other stupid thing. I'm sitting on the window seat, silently looking out of the window. My favourite weather is the post-rain time. I love the soft breeze and the calm environment. The whole ambience is just so serene and peaceful. I can see the leaves of a tree swaying lightly due to the breeze. Somehow I find that sight to be really beautiful, and I have this sudden and inexplicable urge to dash out of the bus and feel the wind too.

My thoughts are brought to a sudden halt as the bus stops. We're finally inside hell. For 6 hours. I sigh and get up, swinging my bag on my back, I make my way towards the exit door.

When I reach my class, I see my one and only friend, Nandita, and give her a smile. And when I say one and only, I literally mean it. Either she's the only one who can tolerate me or I'm the one who feels that she's remotely close to understanding me than the others. Remotely.

"Hey, what's up ?", she enquired in her usual deep voice.

"Fine. I just didn't want to come today..", she rolls her eyes as I say this, apparently indicating that she hears the same thing everyday. Ignoring her, I continue, "I mean, the love the weather today. We should be outside, not trapped here in this death camp"

"Hey..will you give the whole 'I-hate-school' thing a break ?", she says jokingly.

"But I do hate school", I say with a shrug. It's actually my daily mantra. I say it atleast 100 times each day. She sighs and holds up her palms in defeat, "Fine. There's no arguing with you". I give a stupid grin and we settle down in our chairs. Our class teacher enters and Nandita has to literally shake me to make me get up. I'm really not interested in looking at our class teacher's doomed face. I keep looking outside. Eerily, the one emotion that I do associate with this weather is 'freedom'. And seeing as we're in school, this emotion almost overwhelms me.

The guys in my class are first-rate nincompoops. No, I'm not one of the girls who doesn't like boys in general because they're 'yucky' boys. I hate them because it irks me to see them proud of their fake attitutde and inflated ego. It irks me to see that they think they know everything there is to know about this world. It irks me to know that they think they're god's gifts to Earth. If there is an emotion stronger than 'disgust', then that is what I feel for them. Actually no, 'pity' would be the right one. Because once out of school, I'm pretty sure they're gonna have a hard time trying to figure out who hit them in the balls. I guess barring one or two, almost every one is a loser. Trust me, I'm not looking for a boyfriend here, but had they been a little more decent, then friendship would not have been such a bad idea.
Cool, nice story, although you have only posted three parts, but i must say you write well, and i guess she's the normal, average teenage girl, i guess i find it.. amazing, awe-insipiring , how you can manage to write something normal like that into not a boring manner, usually when people try to write the whole ordianary normal beginning it's quite boring, but you don't it greatly, hats off!
Hey Aparajita!

Good to see you writing here. Lizi, thanks for the pm hun!

Coming to your writing, well all I can say for now is the flow is good and slow n steady. The character Naina is so relatable, almost every one of us do relate her in some way or other. RIght? All said and done, would love to read more as the parts come along. Count me in for further reads.

Originally posted by 090909as

Cool, nice story, although you have only posted three parts, but i must say you write well, and i guess she's the normal, average teenage girl, i guess i find it.. amazing, awe-insipiring , how you can manage to write something normal like that into not a boring manner, usually when people try to write the whole ordianary normal beginning it's quite boring, but you don't it greatly, hats off!

Thankyou so much! I'm really glad you think that way :)) Looking forward to your comments in future :D
Originally posted by Prasanthi

Hey Aparajita!

Good to see you writing here. Lizi, thanks for the pm hun!

Coming to your writing, well all I can say for now is the flow is good and slow n steady. The character Naina is so relatable, almost every one of us do relate her in some way or other. RIght? All said and done, would love to read more as the parts come along. Count me in for further reads.

Hey Prasanthi :) yes, i think the best part abt this character is that it's relatable :D thanks for the compliment!! 😃