Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aries_sakshi thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Nach Baliye gets its share of trouble

Mihir and Maninee Misra were the third couple to get ousted from the show Nach Baliye on Star One. We all saw how their choreographer Darren Das commented on Malaika Arora Khan's judgement and how upset he was with the points given to Rajeshwari and Varun Badola when compared to his couple's points.

Well, there is more to the story. Apparently, Darren had a major showdown with Malaika where he criticised her judging abilities and the way she was allotting points to couples whose performances were not up to the mark. Saroj Khan jumped to Malaika's defence and this led to a big fight between the judges and Darren. All this was chopped on the editing table before screening the episode. Seems like Nach Baliye's cup of controversies runneth over!

aries_sakshi thumbnail
Amit and Neeru postpone shaadi
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   November 21, 2005

Neeru Bajwa and Amit Sadh
Neeru Bajwa and Amit Sadh have postponed their wedding. The couple, ousted in Nach Baliye's fourth round, have decided not to tie the knot in December, as they had planned earlier. "I can't say when we'll marry. As of now, it's not happening," says Amit.

Amit says Neeru is very keen to get married, and the decision to delay the wedding is solely his. "In fact, I had to sit with Neeru and explain to her that it would be in her best interests if we married later," says Amit.

Neeru's film offers

But why? Wasn't everything in place? Weren't they getting ready to go to Canada, where Neeru's parents stay, with Amit's parents joining them from Delhi? "Yes, I was supposed to get the visa clearance — even if I hadn't, we had decided that we'd have a court marriage, then.

The reason is that Neeru has signed two films — one by Manmohan Singh, opposite Harbhajan Maan. Plus, she is in negotiations with other producers as well. Suddenly, filmmakers are approaching her for Hindi films, too."

Means business

How will putting off marriage help her? "There is more scope for roles if girls in our film industry are not married," says Amit.

"Plus, I am just out of Kohinoor and Nach Baliye. I am appointing a business manager and going to meet film producers. I always wanted to do films, but television happened to me, and that time, I needed money to keep the kitchen fires burning. I have accepted Darna Mana's next short story, to be directed by Abhinav Kashyap, but my focus is going to be movies."

Wedding's a formality

The couple, who live in Jupiter Apartments, Andheri, had even bought a 1,000 square feet flat in Dhruv Plaza, Goregaon.

"We are getting possession of the Goregaon flat in February, and will shift immediately. It really doesn't matter whether we tie the knot in December or next year — we are living as husband and wife."

Is Neeru's family okay with the idea that the wedding is not taking place next month? "My to-be ma-in-law is the coolest person on earth; she trusts me. She came to Mumbai, a few days back, and we three slept on the same bed. She talks more with me than with her daughter," smiles Amit.

[email protected]

aries_sakshi thumbnail
SMS your way to success
   By: Nandita Puri
   November 22, 2005
Nach Baliye is into its eighth week and it makes great watching, especially on Thursdays. Last week, the take-off on the judges by some of the participants was hilarious. Especially Parmeet Sethi's take-off on Farhan Akhtar. That was cool.

Malaika Arora looked stunning in the dance she did, like she always does (sic). But I wondered why she had to wear a body suit.

Which kept crinkling every now and then and was distracting us. Well, if I had a body like her, my husband would have probably saved a lot on wardrobe money because all I'd been seen around would be in itsy-bitsy nothings.

Saroj Khan, Farhan Akhtar and Malaika Arora Khan in Nach Baliye
Why not flaunt it if you have it, because if I had it, I certainly would have.

Well, if Malaika really did not want to expose, she should have ditched the sexy ghagra-choli and crinkling body suit and opted for a dress, which the likes of Delnaz Paul wear. Or even a burkha.

That way we would have concentrated on her dance instead of the crinkles on her washboard abs.  

Besides Malaika Arora and the other judges, the nice thing about the show has been the transformation of some of the participants from clumsy movers to pretty competent and confident dancers.

From day one the clear favourites (in terms of dancing) were Sachin-Supriya, Rajeshwai-Varun and Archana-Parmeet. Not only do they dance, they express, innovate and perform with panache. After all, dancing is not getting the steps right, but performance as a whole.

But other couples have also progressed over the weeks. Like last week's performance by Apurva and Shilpa showed their progress. But then there are also exceptions like Delnaz and Rajiv Paul. Not only are they poor performers, they have not even bothered to make an attempt to improve and innovate from day one. As a viewer, it bothers me.

Yet they seem to be sitting on a mountain of confidence in spite of the judges' verdict against their poor performance. And their confidence seems to come from public votes.

The stupidest thing about Nach Baliye is when you have an experienced panel with the likes of Saroj Khan and you let dumb SMSes overtake sound judgment. It makes the ordinary viewer like me feel cheated, because it looks obviously staged.

The stakes are high and public voting can be bought easily by a fraction of the prize money by the participants who know they don't have it in them to win.  

Therefore last week's ouster of Shilpa and Apurva in spite of Rajiv and Delnaz's poor show was a shocker. But wait, the big shock is yet to come. This Thursday will see the ouster of two very good performers — Archana and Parmeet — in spite of their performance being praised by the judges.

A number of participants are upset at this. "It was so blatant," said an insider who wishes to remain unnamed.

As usual, Delnaz-Rajiv managed to remain in the competition, in spite of their below average performance and low ranking by the panel, all due to the audience vote. At this rate, why have a panel at all. Just ask for audience votes.

An offshoot of all these various television contests could be the emergence of a new breed of professionals: The professional SMSer. Ideal for housewives and unemployed persons. For a fee, they would keep SMSing for the losing contestants. I just might consider it a career option.
aries_sakshi thumbnail
Manish-Poonam to be voted out

After Hours Correspondent
Wednesday, November 23, 2005  18:40 IST

For 'Nach Baliye' enthusiasts, vote-outs are inevitable and apparently contestants Manish and Poonam Goyal will leave the dance show tonight.

Though Parmeet Sethi and  Archana Puran Singh are also in the 'danger zone', they will apparently survive due to their popular appeal. 

That they reflect a rare bonhomie despite a decade-old marriage seems to work in their favour. Even the judges seem to express a fondness for them. In fact, Saroj Khan even requested Archana for an encore of her 'sunglasses' item.

There is another intriguing twist to the show. While the Rajeev Paul-Delnaz Patel pair is being given a lukewarm response by the judges, Saroj Khan has been bailing them out consistently. She even went on record to say that weight has nothing to do with grace and that when she sees Delnaz jive, she feels like joining in.

Amisha123 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanx for all the articles sakshi, but someone posted saying archana parmeet are out this time.
now which news is true, can u confirm plz
aries_sakshi thumbnail

Originally posted by: Amisha123

Thanx for all the articles sakshi, but someone posted saying archana parmeet are out this time.
now which news is true, can u confirm plz

Hi Amisha.. ya tht news was out tht Parmee n Archana r out.. but according to the latest news it says manish n poonam are voted out. i think latest one is confirmed news.😊

aries_sakshi thumbnail
These reality shows are becoming much too dramatic for comfort. Star One has a winner in Nach Baliye… I agree. But every couple's ouster is an occasion for a soap opera. This week Apoorva Agnihotri and his wife had to bow out. All the other dancing couple's clutched their hearts, bosoms, bellies and whatever they could get their hands on to show their solidarity and sadness.

Judge Farhan Akhtar even gave the departing couple a standing ovation. He's quite an actor. Earlier during the week he was all tied up. And I don't mean his workload. We saw one of the couples actually tie up Farhan Akhtar and bribe him with a pizza.
nilou thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
It is a shame that Delnaz and Rajiv are "trying" hard to win this contenst unfairly.
cutelovelygirl thumbnail
But it was already out in Mid-Day that Archana-parmeet will be eliminated this week