Pratigya...first look :)

natz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Just caught up with the first episode of Pratigya, it definitely is a show to look out for. Pooja Gor has improved as an actress and the show is close to reality without being overbearing. It has it's fair shares of lunacies though, the scene in the train where Pratigya and her friends are talking about future plans was a little overboard. It seemed that those girls were shaadi obsessed...why would you want to talk about the same issue when those hoodlums are within earshot? beats me! But I guess I'd be asking for perfection if I were to take note of the minor details...

The show seems to have a good star cast too...at least that's what it looks like at the moment. The actors who're playing Pratigya's family aren't mannequins, a show cannot be successful unless the casting's been done properly...so I guess Pratigya passes with flying colors on that front...

The story- eve teasing is quite common, especially in small towns where the law enforcement agencies aren't vigilant enough and the crowds...well, they're the same everywhere...countless nameless faces...the audience! A lot of channels are doing reality-based shows these days, we had the infamous saas-bahu era...now's time for social syapas...We have shows on farmers, child marriages a show allegedly based on the Shiny Ahuja rape saga, etcetera...so why Pratigya?

My reasons to watch the show-

1. Pooja Gor is one actor who's shown tremendous improvement in the last 4 months or so, her acitng graph has an upward trend- we obviously look for good acting to go with a pretty face, we have it here 👍🏼

2. Star Plus has gone overboard with the promotion of this show so a lot of money is at stake...they're in the business to make a profit, they wouldn't invest in the show if it wasn't a viable product 👍🏼

3. A new production house which will obviously be quite eager to please 👍🏼

4. The show is close to middle class URBAN realities...as opposed to the competition, I'm sure most of us don't relate to rural issues, or the plight of maids or girls married off at a young age...Pratigya is educated, belongs to a middle class family, is (hopefully) rooted...like most of us here 👍🏼

5. no bhashan baazi! this ones a personal favorite 😛 I hate prolonged meaningless lectures...Pratigya thankfully didn't give a sachai ya achai ya mahaanta ka gyaan at the end of it 👍🏼

Gear up folks, I'm sure this is ones going to be a treat 😃

Ciao! 😉

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

contingency thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Great write up. I agree minor details tend to make a show blah for me but Pratigya is doing a great job of not making many of those :D