How different if Harry/Hermione got married?

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago
This thread is based on a question I had from another thread. If Harry and Hermione had gotten together in the 6th book, how different do you think Deathly Hallows would have been?

Any drastic changes? Would the ending have been waaay off? Would the Final Battle have been any different?

Will put my own thoughts about this once I do some thinking.😉

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

...ASB100... thumbnail
lalitha didi, great topic....i guess the 7th part would have been very different if Ron also had had a crush on hermione.....if he hadn't liked hermione, i guess it wouldn't have been very different...

-Asha
prachi_poorvi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
well first of all when do they start feeling like this...during deathly hallows quest or before..bcoz harry & hermione had spent many difficult experiences together like godric hollow etc...
so if they start to have some feelings.before ....its not possible Because harry always was involved with some1 else..Cho..then getting over their breakup..Then his feelings for Ginny..to feel anything lke that towards Hermione...After reading GOF I always knew that something was there Between Ron & hermione...(yule ball fight)...

harry always considered Hermione his frend..Hermione may have been really impressed with Harry being so brave eventhough not intellegent like herself...

Hmm So all in all I feel Love might have evolved only During DH..when Ron went away..Now I dont know whether they wud have confessed it..being in such a situation..there was infact no thought of love..Harry still wondered about Ginny..& Hermione cried for Ron .......

Okay its possible that "they may have held torches for each other but it didnt go that way" bcoz of the circumstances..............

Now lets imagine if they got married then....Ron will have to find another grl whose nose is not offcentre..he he...

The situation wud have been highly love trianglish complicated types...and thats not the characterstic of HP..we dont want love story dramas+fantasy ...we have twilight for that......he he

I dont know whether I have answered properly here...I have written wat I feel
😃 😉 😆
wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I don't the think the book would have changed at all except for the romantic angle. The fight with Voldemort etc. would've been the same. However, to make Harry-Hermione convincing for me, she would have to change the characters of Harry, Ron and Hermione completely. If they're the same trio as they are in books, I don't think I'd be able to accept Hermione with anyone other than Ron. So yeah, the plot would've been the same, the characters different.
wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: prachi_poorvi

The situation wud have been highly love trianglish complicated types...and thats not the characterstic of HP..we dont want love story dramas+fantasy ...we have twilight for that......he he

I dont know whether I have answered properly here...I have written wat I feel
😃 😉 😆

Exactly. There was no scope for a love triangle as complicated as the Harry-Ron-Hermione one, then it would have been a full-on romance book. Since HP is more of a moral/action-adventure type, keeping love simple and sweet was the way to go, lol.
muffins2waffles thumbnail
I basically agree with everyone here :)
-Navi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: _LalithaJanaki_

This thread is based on a question I had from another thread. If Harry and Hermione had gotten together in the 6th book, how different do you think Deathly Hallows would have been?

Any drastic changes? Would the ending have been waaay off? Would the Final Battle have been any different?

Will put my own thoughts about this once I do some thinking.😉

I don't think Ron would've been part of the hunt for horcruxes honestly. You saw the way he acted when H/Hr were discussing Godrics sword when they overheard Griphook and he just left them after being completely in rage. So I don't think Ron would be able to put up with H/Hr snogging or making a couple.

I actually like the idea of H/Hr because of how they're brains just work together, but R/Hr is canon and never doubt JKR haha.
Edited by -Navi - 14 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: -Navi

I don't think Ron would've been part of the hunt for horcruxes honestly. You saw the way he acted when H/Hr were discussing Godrics sword when they overheard Griphook and he just left them after being completely in rage. So I don't think Ron would be able to put up with H/Hr snogging or making a couple.

I actually like the idea of H/Hr because of how they're brains just work together, but R/Hr is canon and never doubt JKR haha.

You could be right. However, I have more trust in Ron I think. Yeah, he'd have been really angry and hurt at first, but I think his friendship and loyalty would have made him return to them either way, because he stuck with them for six years. He wouldn't abandon them when they needed him most.

Yeah, Harry and Hermione would have made a good couple, but they somehow seem too perfect, you know? They'd have been like a couple who'd have no misunderstandings because they understand eachother in every way possible. With Ron and Hermione, you have your masala.😉
fly_chick thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

You could be right. However, I have more trust in Ron I think. Yeah, he'd have been really angry and hurt at first, but I think his friendship and loyalty would have made him return to them either way, because he stuck with them for six years. He wouldn't abandon them when they needed him most.

Yeah, Harry and Hermione would have made a good couple, but they somehow seem too perfect, you know? They'd have been like a couple who'd have no misunderstandings because they understand eachother in every way possible. With Ron and Hermione, you have your masala.😉

Agree. Also if you think about it, it was obvious from the start that Ron and Hermione would end up together. Every couple have arguments, yet make up in the end as them to did in all of the books- it strenghtens your love and realtionship( i think), but H/Hr would have been a sweet couple with no arguments and too perfect which is a bit boring because they'd be no privacy lol, and not totally humane because every human makes mistakes as Ron did- but they'd never make wrong decisions or mistakes. So harry hermione would just be surreal, and HP shows relationships in a true form in society- how they should and are in some cases  existing and true- e.g friendship.
-Navi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Yes, that's why H/Hr would've ended up in boring though I do enjoy them as a pair so much. I mean in the future, they would've been like "have you read about ____ in the prophet" "oh yes i have" "it was interesting" "yes it was" "i'm going to go buy some books today" "i'm going to another harry potter parade today" "that's nice" "yes".