Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: Aradhana87

Dont have all results yet but they went well๐Ÿ˜ƒ

That's good.๐Ÿ˜Š
-PoisonIvy- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Theres a controversy over the book Draupadi ! The author of the book , dont know his name ...has been awarded something and it hasnt gone down too well with the BJP and some other communities ! It speaks of exactly what we had discussed some time back. Draupadi , in the book likes Karna (what is with this Draupadi Karna obsession) and also has feelings for Krishna. Their realtionship is more than just spiritual ! She has been portrayed as someone who cannot look beyond 'physical intimace' when shes alone with any of her husbands.

These people on the channel were calling it "Draupadi ka charitraharan" which IMO is correct ! Draupadi was a true Sati.

Glad someone spoke up !

What else is up? Lalitha , glad to see ur posts : - )
Edited by ~~ashi~~ - 14 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~~ashi~~

Theres a controversy over the book Draupadi ! The author of the book , dont know his name ...has been awarded something and it hasnt gone down too well with the BJP and some other communities ! It speaks of exactly what we had discussed some time back. Draupadi , in the book likes Karna (what is with this Draupadi Karna obsession) and also has feelings for Krishna. Their realtionship is more than just spiritual ! She has been portrayed as someone who cannot look beyond 'physical intimace' when shes alone with any of her husbands.

These people on the channel were calling it "Draupadi ka charitraharan" which IMO is correct ! Draupadi was a true Sati.

Glad someone spoke up !

What else is up? Lalitha , glad to see ur posts : - )

Umhmm, I'm glad someone spoke up.๐Ÿ‘ Draupadi Ka Charitraharan is a very fitting title for the channel. It's really terrible seeing all the bad stuff written about Draupadiji. Just because she was a strong spoken woman did not mean she was all those things people write about. And more than the Karna relationship, portraying her as loving Krishna "not in a spiritual way" is really sooooo wrong.

I hope no more copies of this author's books are printed. Or if they are, people are smart enough not to take them literally.

Nothing much is new with me. How about you?
Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I also hope no one will read that book.
Some people write rubbish stories to get attention or money if their book sells.
As far as I know Draupadi is on of the 5 satis.Or was it panchkanya?
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aradhana87

I also hope no one will read that book.

Some people write rubbish stories to get attention or money if their book sells.
As far as I know Draupadi is on of the 5 satis.Or was it panchkanya?

Yeah, she was one of the 5 Panchakanyas. There are 5 Mahasatis and 5 Mahakanyas. I think Ahalya, Tara, Mandodari, and Draupadi are 4 of the panchkanyas, don't remember which was the 5th.
Edited by _LalithaJanaki_ - 14 years ago
-PoisonIvy- thumbnail
^ Lalitha I read somewhere that Kunti is also considered a Mahakanya so maybe shes the 5th.

And im sorry but some people are very naive . They rnt smart enough to understand that this is all a part of fiction. It is sad that furture generations will be fed with these new concocted stories. If they happen to like em , theyl end up believing them as well. People who like Karna actually believe that Draupadi felt for him and they were 'destined' to be together and probably wud have married had it not been for Krishna. Sooo many posts iv read on different forums across the net that actually believe these stupid things !

Am fine , a little busy these days. Will reman busy for a while.

I managed to watch a bit of SK.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Oh yes! Kunti was one of them, thanks for reminding me. :)

Yeah, there are some really ignorant people out there but what can we do, you know? Hopefully through serials like BRC's MB and RS's SK, people who do not like to read will get a good understanding of the epics.

Yeah, Karna fans for some reason always pair him up with Draupadi. Weird. I kind of feel bad for his real wife, because I heard she and Karna had a sweet love story behind their marriage, and people don't realize that Karna loved her a lot too. They think that just because he didn't marry Draupadi, he pined for her, but that is not true. He really loved his wife and had no feelings for Draupadi, neither did she.

Did you like the SK part you watched?
-PoisonIvy- thumbnail
But BRC's Mahabharata wasnt 100% accurate either was it ? And was Karna's marriage mentioned in the book? It is mentioned in MB 2 but I am very sure that it has been twisted a great deal as well !

I watched the part where Akroor has been sent to to bring Krishna. Now...im so confused because in MB , Yashoda maiyaa and Nand Baba know hes not their son as does Rohini. But here , they showed all of them completely ignorant !
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: ~~ashi~~

But BRC's Mahabharata wasnt 100% accurate either was it ? And was Karna's marriage mentioned in the book? It is mentioned in MB 2 but I am very sure that it has been twisted a great deal as well !

I watched the part where Akroor has been sent to to bring Krishna. Now...im so confused because in MB , Yashoda maiyaa and Nand Baba know hes not their son as does Rohini. But here , they showed all of them completely ignorant !

Yeah, BRC's MB wasn't completely accurate in some parts either, but the soul of the epic was there.

Karna's marriage isn't mentioned in the book, but it does mention his 4 sons, and in another version of MB it mentions his love for his wife, who they describe as Ekalavya's sister.

In the real story, only Nand Baba knows that Krishna is his son. Neither Yashoda nor Rohini know, as per Lord Vishnu's orders. But Nand Baba treated Krishna as his own son despite knowing he wasn't his. Yashoda and Rohini found out Balram and Krishna weren't their sons due to Akroor when he told them.