Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
This is it on net

In delhi..well I stayed in Karol bagh at saraswati marg. There is a dvd/music shop but I forgot the name.
Even at cannaught place u can buy it. I always forget shop names so i hope some1 can help u better.😳

No this serial didnt get popular. However at that time it also wasnt promoted much as people thought it will get popular because its kind of sequel to mahabharat.
-PoisonIvy- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the info Aradhana , il check out thee places. I think Palika may have it. I checked out one DVD shop near my place today and he was clueless. He refused to believe that MB had a series 2 also. πŸ˜•  Its a shame considering MB1 was su[er successful! This coule have been too if BRC ji had promoted it!.

Arun-deeps, thank u for posting that interview and pics. Iv seen an interview of Nitish Bharadwaj and he sounds sooooooooooooooooo sweet!!! Just like his onscreen Krishna image. Roopa Ganguli came on that show towards the end and sorta confessed to having a crush on him. 😲 πŸ˜†

Lalitha dear, thanks for the video. So this is RS Shri Krishna. Is it an old series?

-PoisonIvy- thumbnail

Originally posted by: lola610

Lol yes, my taste is a bit hatke πŸ˜† The mommies def looked nice, but I thought they were really theatrical sometimes... witness Yashoda after tying Krishna to the pillar and repenting like craziness πŸ˜”

Well yes, the mommies were a little dramatic at times ...especially when they went "Mere laal"... πŸ˜† And the actress who played Yashoda maiyaa was a tad ott ...but... still , found them cute. πŸ˜›

But gotta hand it to Girija Shankar for being able to keep his eyes up like that for sooooo long  πŸ‘

True!πŸ‘ Arey... i watched some behind the scenes episodes on youtube where after wrap up , Girija SHankar was walking normally without looking up and for a moment i was like....who is he? πŸ˜†

Yep, my number one sad scene followed by Arjun shooting at Bhishma... it's one of those scenes that haunts you after cuz of the cruelty of it and that actor's vulnerability-displaying skills...it is very ouch, as is the Abhimanyu-Uttara farewell song before he goes to the Kurukshetra.

Bhishma's scene was heartwrenching as well but i didnt cry my eyes out! Because Arjuna here is sobbing while shooting at him and even repents this act later on. The reason why it was it was sad was because Bhishma was a great great character and had kept us glued to the serial for a very long time and  was loved by everyone.

However, I cried and sobbed after watching Abhimanyu's death , a character who was introduced in the serial for barely a few episodes! And that in fact had nothing to do with the character per se but the brutal and unethical manner in which he was killed and the horrible dance (around his body)that followed  😑😭

-PoisonIvy- thumbnail
See this  

I came across this article , its very old but interesting!.

http://www.fictional100.com/top10.html  (A list not complied by an Indian)

Arjuna is at no 10 πŸ‘

Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ~~ashi~~

Thanks for the info Aradhana , il check out thee places. I think Palika may have it. I checked out one DVD shop near my place today and he was clueless. He refused to believe that MB had a series 2 also. πŸ˜•  Its a shame considering MB1 was su[er successful! This coule have been too if BRC ji had promoted it!.

Arun-deeps, thank u for posting that interview and pics. Iv seen an interview of Nitish Bharadwaj and he sounds sooooooooooooooooo sweet!!! Just like his onscreen Krishna image. Roopa Ganguli came on that show towards the end and sorta confessed to having a crush on him. 😲 πŸ˜†

Lalitha dear, thanks for the video. So this is RS Shri Krishna. Is it an old series?

RS Shri Krishna released in early 90s.
Abt mahabharat katha..I know they have it in Noida and Gurgaon..store named Landmark. You can call them up if it doesnt work out in Delhi😳
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

See this  

I came across this article , its very old but interesting!.

http://www.fictional100.com/top10.html  (A list not complied by an Indian)

Arjuna is at no 10 πŸ‘

Hey, thanks a lot for this!πŸ‘ Ignoring the fictional part of it, it's very cool.πŸ˜ƒ
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Hi Ashi πŸ€— First off thanks for that article, it was really interesting! I love reading stuff like that... followed the link on the bottom for her official site, several other Hindu myhto characters made the list including MB's own Shakuntala! And fully agreed about the Abhimanyu scene, the cruelty of it makes it stand out as an insta-tears moment πŸ˜­I was thinking about another favorite moment today... remember when they're in agyaat-vaas at the Matsya Kingdom, and initially Draupadi's all bummed out about the menial tasks the great Pandavas are having to do... and Arjun's dialogues for her are give such a perfect life lesson! He's joking around, she's like, is this a good time for jokes, and he goes, it's in fact the best time, since there is no better way to overcome sadness than by laughing at it πŸ‘

As for Girija Shankar, lol here's a him in a very different look, as Sultan Shehryar in RS's Alif Laila... the lady in the pic with him as Sherezade was Yashoda Maiya in RS's Shri Krishna:

Speaking of that show, you should definintely give it a try... in my opinion and several others, it's the only mytho that can be categorized along with BRC-MB and RS-Ramayan as classic. As Lali said, the MB episodes fall into the latter, comparatively lackluster half of the show that Sagar's sons handled as he was sick. However, the early half that covers upto his teen years more than makes up for it! Like RS's Ramayan, its pace is more leisurely than MB, but the emotional and spiritual appeal keeps you glued anyway. WATCH IT!!! It's currently on Star One right after MB on Saturdays (I mentioned the specifics a couple pgs back). You can also watch the whole thing on dailymotion.com just by typing Krishna 1, 2, 3 etc... but we have a FC and on its first pg are the links for all the epis in order.... so here's that: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1311014

And here's another vid as a sample of its awesomeness... I sell it well, na πŸ˜‰
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQjAGF0QO-c[/YOUTUBE]

Part 2:
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfY69PKPShg[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by lola610 - 14 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

You're welcome Ashi.😊

RS Shri Krishna is not as old as his Ramayan, actually it was telecasted after Mahabharat, I think around 1994 or 1995.

I created another CC for RS's shows. Here's the link. In it, you can watch all the epis of Ramayan and Shri Krishna online (I think it's the 4th or 5th post).
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Haha, we both posted the link to our CC around the same time Loli.πŸ˜†  Edited by _LalithaJanaki_ - 14 years ago
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
It actually started in 1990, ran until '93, took a break, and came back from '96 to '98 with the adult Krishna epis handled by the junior Sagars πŸ˜ƒLol thats what good CEOs do, isn't it Lali πŸ˜‰
Edited by lola610 - 14 years ago