Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hudaa thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Hi all ...I feel like I should keep saying " Thank u "each time I post and especialy for this Topic  😆  heh....

ANY..WAYS...  I agree with u Fantoos 'urff' Vipul.... at first I was like NOOO ... then I thought mayb yah bcoz since Paresh is soo popular 😎  he is gonna get the most votes... and mayb the clear winner later on..

But if u see ..plpel who r serious bout music also like Dilshad more than Aishwariya..😃..jus my OpiniOn...😆

nutan thumbnail
Hi everybody:I just finished watching the Brahmastra round in the U.S. Among the girls I liked Ujjaini but Joyeeta and Sanchali sang well too. Overall however, looking at past performances , I hope that people will vote for Ujjaini. As for the boys, I was'nt too impressed by Dilshad's singing and both Aishwarya and Paresh were equally good in my opinion.The public is probably going to vote for Paresh though.One thing that struck me about Paresh is that he never acknowledges being married. In today's episode he thanked his mentor-I.D and then went on to thank his parents and his "family", never mentioning his wife.The other two married contestants on the show, Swananda and Debojit have openly and whole heartedly acknowledged and thanked their respective spouses on National T.V many times. Does Paresh think that his marital status will ruin his public image? Or will that make him less desirable? I think this is really strange. What do other people think about this? Edited by nutan - 18 years ago
kd286 thumbnail
i also just watched the bramhastra episode here in the u.s.i felt Aishwarya was very good with his singing.Ujjaini was also very good along with sanchali...i didnt like Joyeetha and Dilshad.....

like Nutan said in the previous post...i dont understand why Paresh doesnt mention his wife?i was kind of expecting him to thank his wife...may be many people in india dont know about his marital status and he wants to cash that as votes.. 😕
riddler100 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kd286

i also just watched the bramhastra episode here in the u.s.i felt Aishwarya was very good with his singing.Ujjaini was also very good along with sanchali...i didnt like Joyeetha and Dilshad.....

like Nutan said in the previous post...i dont understand why Paresh doesnt mention his wife?i was kind of expecting him to thank his wife...may be many people in india dont know about his marital status and he wants to cash that as votes.. 😕

Interesting fact about Paresh being married. I actually didn't know that even though I've been watching this show religiously. The only thing that comes to my mind is that Aamir Khan didn't mention his being married till after QSQT was a hit just in case it affected his "chocolate hero" image. Maybe its the same rationale. Remember, ID is his guru and as we've all seen, he's really street smart about things like this.
Regarding the performances, I didn't really like Ujjaini today. Sanchali and Joyeeta were better IMHO. She's capable of doing so much better. I feel that the singing in general has suffered since the contestants make a conscious effort to perform as well to "attract" the votes from the public. Dilshad chose a song that didn't suit his style. Plus he HAS to do something about his breath control. Aishwarya and Paresh performed well.
Just my two cents...
Edited by riddler100 - 18 years ago
kangaroo thumbnail

Originally posted by: MrspetloverUS

First I was very happy to understand HR's choice of contestants for Brahmastra round. He very well explained to everyone. I can understand there were better male singers which were not brought back but those singers had lost to another singer who had sang better on that particular day. The male singers who were voted in had some sort of injustice done to them. I felt HR was pretty honest in his explanation about it & it made sense to me atleast.
I myself just watched the Brahmastra episode in US & I felt Aishwarya sang well, had no breathing problem & also knew how to hold the mike. 😉 I felt Dilshad does need to work on his breathing. He did the best he could with the song since it is not his jonor song. Sanchali & Ujjaini were good. Paresh & Joyeeta were OK. I felt they all should have picked some powerful songs that could leave big impression on people's mind for this important round. Song selection was poor which I felt. I could be wrong. May the deserving contestant come back.

PS:  Everyone knows Paresh is married because it is all over on forum as well as he has his own website with his wedding pics.  I don't think he is trying to hide it.

HR truly showed a lot of wisdom in his choice and rationalization of his selection. Hats off to HR!!

All of you on this forum seem very knowledgeable about music, sur, taal and what not. I am fairly illiterate in music, but enjoy it whenever, wherever I can. The Brahmashtra round was a little disappointing, the song selection was average and so were the performances.

Hopefully the next rounds will inject more energy and passion into the contestants and make it a more enjoyable experience. The inclusion of some of the recall contestants felt like "Kisine Doodh mein paani mila diya"😉

Jem4Himesh thumbnail

hi jmn7,

we will only close this topic if the discussions deteriorate in their content (as did the last thread). Please lets forget about this & start afresh.

Regards,

Jem & sujalfan 😊

Btw...nice to see some ppl understanding HR...😉

Edited by Jem - 18 years ago
Fantoos thumbnail
Watched the Brahmstra Round in USA last night. I thought that Paresh and Joyita were the best. Aiswarya did not select a good song and could not connect with people. It is important to connect as this is Public Voting round. Ujjaini also, I thought, did not select a common song. Joyita was certainly the best... no wonder audiance wanted 'once more'. Also, it is not ofter then JL praise singers from other Gharanas, specially when their own are at stake.

I also think that selecting both Ujjaini and Sanchali (from same Gharana) was not a good idea. In Ujjaini's presence Sanchali does not have a choice. Also, Sanchali seemed to be more a one song wonder.

meetali thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rohan Sharma

This is a pathetic idea. Loosers cant come amd must not come back. This would be a insult to judges.

Look who is saying this--loosers cannot and must not come back. Then how come you are supporting Rajeev?  He was the biggest looser of all. In the prelim. round he could not remember his song and he stopped. Then he lost his sur and he restarted. Then he went out of control and again stopped.  Mentors came down so heavily on him. They were surprised that someone competing at this level could be so unprepared.  Even AS, who liked his voice, did not give him thumbs up. He was booted out. Then he did the biggest drama of going on beach and so on to create public sympathy. And then he was brought back. Was that not a pathetic idea? Was that not insult to the mentors who booted him out?

If the biggest looser like Rajeev can come back this way and get to the final, then everyone else has a right to come back. Especially the deserving ones like Vishwas, Irfan and Keka.
Edited by meetali - 18 years ago
meetali thumbnail

Now he is in top 10. Now there is no VACANCY. Sorry! Please try for next year. I can understand ur feeling. Anyway good luck for 2006.

So you agree that a looser made to the top 10 (since you did not dispute that) and he has left no vacancy to the deserving ones. That's fine. End of the thread. No more discussion.  Else the moderators will have to close this topic again.
meetali thumbnail

WOW what a Nakhara. What a dictatorial attitude. Who cares if this discussion is closed. Perhaps all the undeserving contestents are out. Rherefore, good luck for all 12 contestents.

My, My,  How can a tiny rabbit show Nakhara to the Tiger -- The King of the Jungle? How can a newbie like me show Nakhara to Lord Rohan Sharma III  -- The King of this Forum?  Mr. Sharma, you have already been crowned as the Saddam Hussain of this forum. How can anyone display a dictatorial attitude to you? You are the undisputed "King". So obviously you do not care for anything, whether we like it or not (including whether this thread is closed or not)