Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Its ok 😃 Happy Birthday again!

I've just updated the Update Archive, please go look, read and Like the August Updates 😊

Today they showed Ganesh's tusk being broken off by Parshuram, but I always thought it was Ganesh who cut his own tusk off to write the Mahabharat as his peacock feather broke whilst he was writing it in the beginning......
Vibhishna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sattvik

Today they showed Ganesh's tusk being broken off by Parshuram, but I always thought it was Ganesh who cut his own tusk off to write the Mahabharat as his peacock feather broke whilst he was writing it in the beginning......

I too thought that was what happened. I didn't know all this about Parashuram breaking Lord Ganesha's tusk.

Poor Lord Ganesha seems to get into trouble whenever he is on guard duty.
akhl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Puranas say that Ganesh's one tooth was broken in the fight with Parashuram. Brahm Vaivart Puran says that Parvati got very angry and Lord Vishnu came and calmed her down.
sattvik thumbnail
Actually I remember something with Parshuram fighting with Ganesh and his tusk getting cut off. Guess tonight's episode will show Vishnu calming Parvati down tonight!

Thanks akhl, have you read the Brahm Vaivart Puran?

Also, is urday.com a good site for reading the Purans?
akhl thumbnail
Yes, I have read Brahm Vaivart Puran and various other scriptutes as well. Urday.com is good provided you want to know the stories in brief - but it is not good for details.
sattvik thumbnail
Could you tell us more about what you know on the Brahma Vaivart Puran, anything that you remember please?

And thank you! 😊
Khalrika thumbnail
Nice to see all of you here. In the US, Ganesh Leela has just started on Sahara One. We get everything a little delayed. I read all the discussions but I am not sure if anyone answered it. So I am posting about it. Please someone tell me, who is this paratpar devta? Is there a devta like that in the Hindu Pantheon? I have never heard of someone like that until I saw this serial. I don't want to be rude but I hope this is not their attempt at "modernizing." I read an interview about this.
sattvik thumbnail

Originally posted by: akhl

Some of you have asked about the mention of Paratpar in the serial.

In Brahm-Vaivart puran Lord Krishna is called as Supreme and His abode is Golok-dham. He is paratpar and lord Ganesh is Krishna's ansh.

That is what akhl has said about Paratpar so far, but many of us haven't heard of Paratpar before.

I found this but it isn't very helpful: http://www.hindujagruti.org/hinduism/knowledge/article/what-is-the-difference-between-a-guru-sadguru-and-a-paratpar-guru.html

Khalrika thumbnail

Originally posted by: sattvik

That is what akhl has said about Paratpar so far, but many of us haven't heard of Paratpar before.

I found this but it isn't very helpful: http://www.hindujagruti.org/hinduism/knowledge/article/what-is-the-difference-between-a-guru-sadguru-and-a-paratpar-guru.html

Thanks Akhl and Sattvik. One always learns something new everyday thanks to these forums.
akhl thumbnail
Paratpar is not any specific god but the word Paratpar literally means "beyond everything". Therefore Paratpar stands for the most "Supreme" because the Supreme (God) is beyond explanation by merely words, and beyond all the attributes that we know of. Thus Paratpar is the same as Parabrahm Paramatma.