Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: friends_rock

πŸ˜†...who cares about her opinion...the thing is ppl love these actors!

Exactly.

and my only question, what is wrong with looking ordinary? Someone enlighten me. PLZZZZZ. \

p.s. As for the people who "love to hate Deepika" 😊 I'm glad she has so much importance in your life guys!! πŸ€—
Edited by Ms.GoodMorning - 15 years ago
Mrignaini thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
I so disagree with her statements on Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone. Why would Deepika be at the position she is and with the line-up of films she has in her kitty with just average looks? With the popularity she has, she must have some attributes that draw people to watch her on screen, or let's just say charisma. Though I hated OSO, I loved her and her expressions in it and her portions in BAH were the best thing about the whole movie. Plus she's achieved a hell of a lot in a short time span that not even actors like Kareena who are at the top spot now managed in their earlier days. I hope she manages to improve her acting though, there is room for improvement.

Rather Priyanka. C is overrated, I've only appreciated her in Aitraaz and Fashion. Other than that what movie is there to her credit where she has acted well, those two are the only ones I can short list.

Though having said that it is her opinion and such things are subjective. I do agree with her Imran Khan analysis.
Mistyy thumbnail
wow, wat is she ..Simon Cowell of bollywood??

anyways i have to agree with her in everything except Deepika. Deepika may have average looking face without the make up but her body and presence on screen is good enough to give other girls run for their money. i am not even that big of a Deepika fan, just started liking her after her recent interviews..but one can't deny her screen presence. She may not be as beautiful as Aishwarya but she holds the same aura as  Sushmita senπŸ˜ƒ
Edited by freakyy - 15 years ago
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Haila! Sandali kareena also zoomed to the top really early on girl. I agree with you, but just not hte bit that even actresses like kareena couldnt have done it. Girl, kareena was at the top in 2001 with movies like K3G, Asoka, Ajnabee, and Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai.
AnonymousUser thumbnail
LOL am i the only one who doesnt know Shobhaa DE😳.....guess um gonna have to google her up!! LOL
agree with Kareena bit! the girls amazing!! I LOVE Sonam but i never really considerd her as sexy...shez more then that!
Hrithik set a very high standard for newcomers. So anyone will come up short when compared to him.

She might think Deepika is ordinary, and I think she is drop-dead gorgeous (even without make-up) - I guess its personal opinion . But if any girl from Brigade Rd in Bangalore could "give her a run for her money" then why isn't such a girl doing that? Love her or hate her - you cannot ignore Deepika. She has charisma.

Sonam may not fit the sexy bracket but she has other things going for her. And Ranbir might be a bit goofy looking, but chiseled perfection gets boring sometimes. Can't say I wholeheartedly agree with any statement she has made here.

Shobha De has a lot of confidence for a pretty mediocre writer (that is just my opinion 😊). She looks pretty amazing for her age though.
Edited by bluemoon86 - 15 years ago
Mrignaini thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: desigal90

Haila! Sandali kareena also zoomed to the top really early on girl. I agree with you, but just not hte bit that even actresses like kareena couldnt have done it. Girl,kareena was at the top in 2001 with movies like K3G, Asoka, Ajnabee, and Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai.

I never meant she didn't have the capabilities to attain the top spot, just that some of the choices she made earlier on in her career weren't the best such as Jeena Sirf..., Khushi and MPKDH and hence her performances weren't really appreciated in those films. I don't think she had any hits in 2002 and 2003 πŸ€” Was Ajnabee even a hit? The real turning point for me was Chameli in 2004, that was really her year!!

On second thoughts maybe it is a little early to acclaim Deepika as an actress at the top, I hope her upcoming films do give her that position though.

But seriously I can't comprehend her appreciation for Priyanka, are two films really enough? I don't know, but she seems to be lacking charm for sure IMO.Edited by sandali_ - 15 years ago
qwertyfied thumbnail

Originally posted by: bluemoon86

Hrithik set a very high standard for newcomers. So anyone will come up short when compared to him.

She might think Deepika is ordinary, and I think she is drop-dead gorgeous - I guess its personal opinion (even without make-up). But if any girl from Brigade Rd in Bangalore could "give her a run for her money" then why isn't such a girl doing that? Love her or hate her - you cannot ignore Deepika. She has charisma.

Sonam may not fit the sexy bracket but she has other things going for her. And Ranbir might be a bit goofy looking, but chiseled perfection gets boring sometimes. Can't say I wholeheartedly agree with any statement she has made here.

Shobha De has a lot of confidence for a pretty mediocre writer (that is just my opinion 😊). She looks pretty amazing for her age though.

U stole that (the bolded part) outta my mouth!! πŸ‘ Exactly, my point there...if there are girls in Bangalore who could really give her a run for her money, why hasn't anyone done so...yet?? πŸ˜› Perhaps, this question should be posed to Shobha De..since, she loves talking abt Deepika so much!😳
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Yeah man, you cant compare Deepz to kareena when kareena started out. Kareena did Refugee as her first movie and then followed it up with Asoka as her fourth. I dont htink many ohter debutants have had such amazing performance oriented roles in just the first few films.
I still like Deepz though, but kareena's debut years were also fantastic. She faced a lul in her career after K3G when she got typecast in the Poo type genre.
-iktaara- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
One gotta admit, one comment of Shobha has let to 7 pages of discussion in this forum..She is entertaining :)