Shobhaa De on Deepika, Sonam, Priyanka, Imran Khan

Posted: 15 years ago
Karan Johar interviews Shobha De on GQ Unplugged

KJo: Okay. I am just going to say the name and you give me your first thought, your general impression.

Katrina Kaif :  boring.

Sonam Kapoor : No sex appeal whatsoever.

Deepika Padukone : Overrated and very average-looking. Any young girl from Brigade Road in Bangalore could give her a run for her money.

Kareena Kapoor: Hot. She has it. She's magic on screen. Four generations of talent showing.

Priyanka Chopra : Very hot. Very intelligent eyes and a body language that is assertive and very today. She's today's girl.
Imran Khan: He needs to trim his eyebrows, to start with. He's a cutie, but without the mammu factor I don't know whether he would have catapulted into the Rs 11 crore bracket with just that one film, which was okay. He registered because of the hype, but he could as easily un-register. He's not the kind of personality that you say, "Oh wow, here's a talent." I'm not falling over backwards.

Ranbir Kapoor: Technically, no looks. He looks goofy but because he's so confident, so laid back and so easy in front of the camera I think the girls respond to him big time.

KJo: So who has impressed you recently in the world of entertainment?
SD: Frankly, after Hrithik Roshan, no one. When he's on screen, no one else exists.
Edited by Decoder - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

burgerchaap thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Some of her comments are true for me aswell...
thnks!
lavienrose thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
howw meann!!!
I can never like this lady!
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

I wish she had blasted PC too.....Hahahaha !!

Rest all I agree with !!

Dont bash me for this...Lol...!
😆 Shobha De is always like that. You take it or leave it.
Katrina Kaif :  boring.

Deepika Padukone : Overrated and very average-looking. Any young girl from Brigade Road in Bangalore could give her a run for her money.

Ranbir Kapoor: Technically, no looks. He looks goofy but because he's so confident, so laid back and so easy in front of the camera I think the girls respond to him big time.

I bow down to her. What irks me is that Katrina Kaif is admired for staying mute in her films. I bearly hear her talk in her movies and the next think I know is that she's nominated for the best actress at Filmfare! Great! Katrina, if that's acting then boy can I give you competition. You do have a pretty face though. 😊

WORD to her for stating the truth on Deepika Padukone. Frankly I have only seen her in Om Shanti Om and that was enough for me to not watch BAH and Chandni Chowk. I am glad I made the choice. I love to hate Deepika. 😆 Her fifteen minutes of fame shall be over soon.

Oh and the "not so great" Ranbir Kapoor sure is confident. What's more comical is that the kid has got more attitude than his starry daddy Rishi Kapoor. I guess he has learned good from the family. His goofy looks always forces me to imagine that he's constantly thinking of *cough* Katrina Kaif. 😉
Edited by zainab25 - 15 years ago
LabRat34 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Shobha De says a lot of what most people are thinking anyway...they just dont want to go against the masses...😒

I agree with her on some and disagree on some too...But I do desperately want to take some tweezers to Imran's brows!😳
-iktaara- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I agree with some of her comments! :) That's shobha de, she is cynical to the core but you gotta admit, I love reading her quotes! very interesting!...

PS: She has always complimented Hrithik and Kareena...I think they are her favs.
gossipgurls thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
*YAWN* 🥱 🥱 But ya I'm just boarded with all the recycle articles, since no releases and new news........ no promotion events, gosh dnt know how along this will go on......

Ok i'll join in as well.............

Ranbir looks like he on drugs ....... very droopy eyes!! o looks .. imran anytime .. looks and personality wise.

I still want to bash Shobha De ... 🤬 🤬

Kareena Kapoor: Hot. She has it. She's magic on screen. Four generations of talent showing.

Ahem, is Shobha De high on this question? Did she sniff white - out or whipping cream before commenting on this one?

No offesne to anyone. 😳