FF: Tum Ho To [Page 19; Chap XI]

Tomiko thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

😳Heyoo TSPLS-ians😳 [Is that even right?πŸ˜•πŸ˜†]

So the current track's giving me a headache and one of my friends begged/threatened/blackmailed me to continue my previous FF Sarak Ke Us Par >>> I have the whole story fleshed out for that but currently only two parts posted....Are people still interested in reading?πŸ˜ƒ  Yay Or Nay?  Here's the link:

https://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1118381

This one is something I originally wrote for another couple but the show finished before I could complete it....a more modern take on the YuVi story me thinks but I had to revive the couple in a universe where Vrinda wasn't married to Raj and Yug wasn't killing his liver....Shooo, would love some feedback and opinions on whether I should continue after the first part.πŸ˜ƒ

Right-o....enough babbling...

Edited by Tomiko - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tomiko thumbnail

Chapter I

Vrinda grimaced as she pushed open the door.  Everything was as she had left it three weeks ago.  Two suitcases were propped up against the far wall, a newspaper was carefully folded on the low coffee table and the room was, in general, littered with vases of [no longer] fresh flowers and small nick-nacks that a family seems to acquire over time. 

Everything was the same but the missing warmth and chatter almost made her tear up.

She ignored the large framed photograph staring at her and reluctantly placed the struggling bundle on the floor.  With barely a glance at her and more concentration than a two year old should have, Ria pattered across the murky living room and started investigating behind each door.

"Papa?"

Vrinda bit her lip and hated herself for putting Ria through the disappointment of finding the house empty. 

All the more reason to find the number

Vrinda sighed and headed straight towards the short flight of steps that took her to the study at the back of the small house.  Ignoring the pang she felt on not seeing a familiar face perched on a chair flipping through a musty book, or seated behind a mountain of papers, she moved towards the large oak desk and rifled through the bottom draw until she paused at an old creased photograph.

She handled it hesitantly and traced a soft finger over the first of three figures.  Tall, slim and with a devilish smile that she missed so much.  Ria had obviously inherited her smile from her fathers' side.  The one in the middle was easily a head taller and grinned in much the same way.  It wasn't difficult to see the resemblance between the two brothers. 

Purposefully ignoring the third in the photograph, she flipped it over and read the messy scrawl that could only be Sharad's handwriting.  She punched in the number on the study phone but her hands shook so badly that it took her three attempts before she heard the insistent ringing on the line.

The voice on the other end sounded gruff and tired but still made her hitch her breath before she managed to force out a single tentative word.

"Yug?"

Yug was pissed.  Not in the sense that he was drunk; the weak drinks offered in the middle of the afternoon had just given him a headache.  No, he was pissed in that he was furious, annoyed and downright humiliated.

He'd already gone through all the possible ways of getting out of this sticky situation, examined and cross examined each and everyone until he was sure he hadn't ever paid as much attention to anything his life, but after hours of relentless scheming he'd accepted defeat at last.  He was well and truly stuck.

His hands itched to wrap themselves around Urvi's pretty neck and wring it mercilessly.  He would probably do it with a cheery smile on his face as well.  Only problem was, she was already on the plane to France with Chopra.  Yug made a sound of disgust.

The rejection of Urvashi, his long time [albeit secret] girlfriend would probably not have aggravated him so much had it been under other circumstances.  But four days later he was to unveil the newest bride of the Nerulakar family in front of hundreds of friends, family and gossip hungry reporters who would undoubtedly rip him apart if he didn't show up with the 'love of his life' he had kept hidden away from everyone.

But more importantly, Yug couldn't believe that he had been dumped for the oily Chunnilal Chopra.  The name was something mothers used to scare the disobedient children with, not the name of men who managed to snag famous models right under the nose of their famous industrialist boyfriends.

Yug scowled as he remembered Urvashi's sympathetic look and the apologetic squeeze she had given him.

"I'm so sorry Yug, but I can't live a lie longer.  I love Chunni and we're both moving to France so I can model for him.  I'm sure you'll find someone special."

And then she had patted him.  On his head.

Yug groaned.  Could his life get any worse?

The pocket of his jacket vibrated as his mobile went of.  It had been ringing continuously for the past 6 hours until he had barked at his harassed assistant to leave him alone for the day.  But short of migrating to some far-flung village in the North of India, Yug knew he couldn't put of the calls any longer.

Without bothering to check the ID, he answered and froze at the sharp intake of breath on the other end.  Yug knew who it was before his name had even rolled out of her mouth in that breathy voice she used when she was nervous.

His life had taken another turn and something told him that it was for the worse.

rainydays. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Reserved =)

Unreserved =)

Yay! Another one! *does a little dance* Btw, isn't he killing his liver, not his lungs?πŸ€”

Oh and you should definitely continue the other one. I love that one and I'm waiting eagerly for you to continue!

Loved the first chapter! I wonder who the third figure is and why the house is so empty...

Aww poor Yug got dumped? That sucks! I wonder what he'll do now...And I'm guessing Vrinda's the one who called Yug?

All of it sounds very interesting. Please continue soon. I really wanna know what happens next!😳  
Edited by -Ravjot- - 15 years ago
Nikasha. thumbnail
Wow, Nibs your FF is great so far!πŸ˜ƒ

-Mrs. Nikasha Arjun Bijlani😊
-mya- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
wow..gr8 start...pls do continue...i lup it...m sure every1 will luv it.
Tomiko thumbnail

Thanks Everyone!

Ravs: I knew there was a reason I gave up on the idea of Medicine....and yes, it's meant to be liver, not lungs.πŸ˜†

Will have the next part up tomorrow.😳
Neetu2825 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
A really good start...thanks for starting a new FF. I can't wait for the next part!

Could you though continue to write your other FF ("
Sarak Ke Us Par")?
I really liked that one a lot and waited soooooooooooooooo long for you to update.....

IrikaLovesKMH thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Great start please keep continuing

Irika

Tomiko thumbnail

Thankoo people!😳

Neetu, will be finishing of the next part for SKUP Asap.πŸ˜ƒ 

Until then, here's the next part:
Tomiko thumbnail

Chapter II

It took exactly 2 hours and 53 minutes to straighten out the apartment and Vrinda couldn't help but breathe a sigh of relief as she dumped the last of the toys in a garishly coloured box, tucked away neatly in a discreet corner. 

Running around Ria all day whilst simultaneously handling paperwork and calls that had sprung out of nowhere and taken their toll on her, and now Vrinda felt as if she could crawl in to bed and not wake up until her hair turned grey.  A part of her brain also snidely informed her that the her living space would again be cluttered with crayons, dolls and squishy beeping toys in the morning; but falling asleep with a dirty apartment was something she hadn't mastered yet.

Dragging herself to the kitchen, Vrinda absent-mindedly pushed a bowl in the microwave as her eyes threatened to clamp shut.  But she needed to eat quickly and get back to her bedroom before Ria woke up again and started wailing. 

A short ting informed her that her tomato soup was warm enough to eat and Vrinda dug in as she mentally went over the list of things that needed to be done.  A tired sigh escaped her as she realised that bhaiyya's brother would be here tomorrow, and that might possibly be the last she saw of Ria. 

Her eyes stung but she refused to dwell on that matter.  Ria would be with her family, with her real fa---

A short knock interrupted her gloomy thoughts and she frowned as her eyes fell on the ticking clock, informing her that it was almost 3 in the morning.  It didn't occur to her that a rapist, or worse, someone from her family had stumbled to her door.  Probably just Mrs. Joshi who had gone for a short walk and forgotten that she lived at number 23, not 3.  Bless her.

Vrinda pulled open the door, a tired but pleasant smile on her face as she opened her mouth with a greeting that promptly died in her throat at the sight of the stranger in front of her.  Unless Mrs. Joshi had abandoned her saris for utterly black business suits, hacked of all her hair and developed a rigid jaw; this was not the stooped shouldered woman who continuously tried her hand at matchmaking.

It was just as Vrinda was studying his sculpted cheekbones and ruffled hair that his mouth twisted in a tried smile.

"Finally, I thought I'd have to break a window to get in."

Her eyes widened in shock as the throaty voice tugged at sorrowful memories and steely grey eyes sparked with recognition.  The burst of anger that rarely possessed her came barrelling out as Vrinda gave a strangled curse and hit him squarely on the jaw.  The hit was barely registered before she gave him a good kick in the shin and slammed the door to the sound of colourful swearing.

"Oh God"