Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

apux thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: ashoka_was_king

btw, the best part i like about when he speaks is , the audience reactions 😊
He really makes sure the audience has the same intensity in reacting, as he maintains in provoking a reaction from them

highly efficient !!! πŸ˜†

Whether you love or hate Obama, you gotta admit the effect he has people...he inspires many....my father, the cynic, who hates all politicians was very eager to narrate me the story of Obama's life (though Clinton is still his number 1)
Edited by apux - 15 years ago
Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: apux

Whether you love or hate Obama, you gotta admit the effect he has people...he inspires many....

yup ,
egjactly !!

And then , we also know actions speak louder than words
If his words themselves initiate such an effect,
then if he performs well (i really hope so ) ,
what will happen ??

A revolution of sorts !!

Anyways, its too far fetched to discuss right now πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
apux thumbnail

Originally posted by: ashoka_was_king

[
yup ,
egjactly !!

And then , we also know actions speak louder than words
If his words themselves initiate such an effect,
then if he performs well (i really hope so ) ,
what will happen ??

A revolution of sorts !!

Anyways, its too far fetched to discuss right now πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

we pretty much gotta wait and watch now....I'm optimistic, but I'm no fool...Prez Obama can't do it all but I'm expecting him to do somethingπŸ˜†
Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: apux

we pretty much gotta wait and watch now....I'm optimistic, but I'm no fool...Prez Obama can't do it all but I'm expecting him to do somethingπŸ˜†

HIs speech did indicate that we shouldn't act as fools and start believing that he'll bring miracles πŸ˜†

At the moment actually , he is making sure that we all don't expect miracles from him

(At last , going round and round , we came back to the topic somehow πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
its so damn tough to stick to the topic πŸ˜†πŸ˜† )

nuomi.riceball thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
hindu is mentioned because it's one of the most significant major religion.
it was good speech..specially when he mentioned all religion..ISLAM,christianity,hinduism,etc...😊 good mr obama...
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
His speech will defenitely go down as one of the best speeches in history.

He acknowledged the problems of all aspects of America - religion, terrorism, global warming, poverty, war, but instead of treating them as a future menace and a threat to America, he considered them as oppurtunities for the country to enhance it's prosperity. Each & every line of his speech instilled a certain "hope" in the citizens, A hope to overcome the existing problems, a hope to make US an even better nation.

His words do not make you feel patriotic, his words make you understand that people are living in US, but as global citizens, that the entire world needs to progress, and not just US.

No one's "We can do it !" has inspired people so much as Obama's has.
Edited by liza93 - 15 years ago
nuomi.riceball thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: liza93

His speech will defenitely go down as one of the best speeches in history.

He acknowledged the problems of all aspects of America - religion, terrorism, global warming, poverty, war, but instead of treating them as a future menace and a threat to America, he considered them as oppurtunities for the country to enhance it's prosperity. Each & every line of his speech instilled a certain "hope" in the citizens, A hope to overcome the existing problems, a hope to make US an even better nation.

His words do not make you feel patriotic, his words make you understand that people are living in US, but as global citizens, that the entire world needs to progress, and not just US.

No one's "We can do it !" has inspired people so much as Obama's has.

but still john f. keneddy inauguration and address was considered much better in history
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: rongna

but still john f. keneddy inauguration and address was considered much better in history

I am not comparing Obama's speech to Kennedy's or anyone else's, All I am saying is that it will go down as "one of the best" speeches in history.
AreYaar thumbnail
I actually didn't manage to see the entire speech....LOL....I was away on a work trip and didn't get to see it live....have only seen snippets on the news since....

But I was still impressed.....one of the things that has always impressed me about Obama is this amazing ability he has to inspire while still using such grounded language....his rhetoric or oratory style is not as soaring as the iconic leaders of past like Churchill, Kennedy, MLK....and yet, he still strikes a chord with his audience in his own way.

It's as if he inspires us WHILE giving us a reality check at the same time.....and the way he does it MAKES you want to believe in him AND  a better future.

One of my fav. bits from the speech was the part where he said that we needed to grow up as a nation.....and it is so true! I also liked the way he said that respect is earned and America has to earn that respect again.

I know that these times are some of the worst in our generation, I don't expect miracles from Obama either....but I still have faith in Obama....that he will bring about some change for the better.

@return_to_hades: Loved what you wrote! Well said!