Zareena thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
'Akshay owes India an apology'

Shekhar Suman says CC2C is actor's and country's worst film

By: Upala KBR

get in line for refunds: Deepika Padukone, Akshay Kumar and Ramesh Sippy at a special show of CC2C yesterday afternoon. PIC/yogen shah

Shekhar Suman watched Nikhil Advani's Chandni Chowk To China starring Akshay Kumar and Deepika Padukone on Friday and came away fuming.

The day cinema died

Speaking from the sets of Sony's Comedy Circus Shekhar says, "It will go down as the worst film ever made in Indian history. What an utter waste of Rs 400 that I spent on my ticket. I want a refund of all Akshay films that I've seen. The film is not just disappointing and amateurish but offends one's sensibility as well. I don't think there has been a film as sad or horrible as CC2C this far! I declare January 16 (the day the film released) to be declared National Mourning in India, as it's the day cinema died."

Shekhar adds that it was the first time that he saw a multiplex audience boo a film. "I watched it at Cinemax's Red Lounge and everyone was hooting and jeering. I am upset with Akshay for doing such a film. He's lost it after seeing success. Akshay was better when he wasn't in the race — now his brains have turned topsy-turvy. I think Shah Rukh must be having the last laugh — Akshay said somewhere that SRK's not in the race but he (Akki) is already at the finishing line."

Suman continues, "Singh Is Kinng was illogical too, but it was at least entertaining. CC2C makes David Dhawan look like Satyajit Ray. The film has been shot so amateurishly — like a child with a handycam — that too banally. I tried to find moments which I could like — action, romance, music — but couldn't! I have seen Akshay grow as an actor but he's terrible in the film. It's like winning the jackpot, losing it and starting from scratch again."

When told that Warner Brothers want to make a sequel to CC2C, Shekhar says, "I will migrate from this country if they do! It's blasphemy to make a sequel. I am sure that the Warner Brothers execs are fighting amongst themselves wondering why they made such a film. I guess Nikhil and Akshay were too involved in the film and lost focus."

Kya karoon?

Shekhar says he wouldn't know how to face the actor after this film, "I wouldn't know whether to lambast him or run away in embarrassment. Akshay owes India a national apology. From a non-actor, he became such a good one. I had loved him in Namastey London. To give the devil his due, his comic timing in all his earlier films were fantastic, considering comedy is so difficult to do. CC2C is the last film one expected from him!"

Shekhar Suman

mid-day.com epaper

WOW!!! Is the movie that bad? 😕

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

🤣 😆
🤣
🤣
🤣
🤣
🤣
🤣
🤣
🤣

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I'm being honest here but CCTC is way better than some movies that I can't name here because their fans will start to attack me. This movie isn't the worst movie, some other movies are the worst movie. But I do agree from the start of the movie, Akshay does he's worst comedy EVER in history.

😆 Arre it is Shekhar Suman's view. He has every right to have one. He forgot his Gupt gyan and beta's debut film. What was it again?

May be now Screen can present a special award to Adhyayan Suman next year for Raaz.😛
Calvin_Klein thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Nooooooooooo, It's not Akshay's fault if movie did not do well. Maybe it's the story which was not interesting. As an actor, he did work very hard.
-Aleeza- thumbnail
Why is he only blaming Akshay? One person shouldnt be held responsible for the failure. Is it only Akshay's job to make sure the movie is a hit.  I havent seen the movie yet, but im surely gnna give it a miss. All Akshay movies are becoming repetitive and mindless comedy.Edited by 4ev3r - 15 years ago
brownies thumbnail
Geez...this man should concentrate on his child's career which incidentally isnt doing all that well instead of attacking Aksahy in this manner.
live_life thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
why does only akshay lol
nd an apology lol
when every bad movie comes out do they all apologize  one after another>
lmao this is a bad movie n it will flop
lets leave it at that shekhar suman!

Papa Suman is creating hype for beta Suman's Raaz-the mystery continues which is releasing on  23 Jan (this week). Now when media flocks to him, he will talk about Adhyayan and Raaz. 😛

He also recently gifted his son a BMW and made a big deal out of it and then talked about how he gave Green signal to Kangana. 😕 Why now?  Also Adhyayan was singing a love song to her. Kangna kept quiet the whole time while Papa and beta totally enjoyed their 2 mins of fame.

Sekhar Suman reminds me so much of Suresh Oberoi. At least Vivek had some good acting genes.
simi rocks thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
wat an idiot shekar is!!!  cc2c was soo guddd