Dazzling Diva-SImone Singh

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago

Dazzling Diva - Simone Singh

Stylish and eclectic, Garnier Ambassadress Simone Singh known for her great hair, has come a long way from being a shy and reserved girl in 'Heena ' to the sexy Camilla in 'Kal Ho Naa Ho'.
With hit serials like 'Sea hawk', 'A mouthful of sky', 'Aandhi ' and movies like 'Kabhie Khushi Khabhie Gham ' and 'Ek Rishta ' under her belt; Simone is now gearing up for her new serial 'Kasshish '. And her chat show Kosmic Chat is garnering exciting TRPs.

Excerpts from an interview:

From television serials to the big screen and now to doing chat shows, how's the journey been for you?
It's been a wonderful journey, effortless by the grace of God. Effortless, because I've never made any effort to get a particular role or a particular movie. It all just came to me and by the grace of God worked out well for me. I've enjoyed every bit of it.

You are hosting a show called 'Kosmic Chat'. Do you really believe in Tarot reading?
Yes, I do. In fact sitting there with Sunita Menon and solving people's problems has all the more strengthened my belief in Tarot. I've also seen that Sunita's predications are very accurate and precise. Tarot is a very interesting astrological science.

You've been married for five years now, what according to you are the essentials of a healthy relationship?
See..., it's very easy to be glib and give you a list of the essential ingredients of a relationship. I think each individual is unique and everybody has a special quality to add to the relationship. So it would be difficult to pick and choose.
But still on a deeper note, I would say that faith in your partner and faith in the relationship should be so strong that it helps the both of you to take this journey together.

At the same time, there should be expectations but ones, which should be fulfilled by the other person and not by you, as it has to be teamwork. Seeing each other as a partner rather than being competitive and not having huge ego clashes are other important traits.
And of course one should make the effort to grow together rather in the separate directions. And lastly having fun and enjoying every moment of togetherness instead of being stuck in the rut of daily life.

Do you think that marriage is losing its significance over the years?
Not at all... I think it's the opposite of what you are saying. The institution of marriage is more on the rise and it has evolved for the good over the years.
I think more and more people are looking at marriage in a positive manner. Of course it's widened its boundaries from being a square boxed relation to a bigger and fuller bond and becoming less rigid.
People in fact are avoiding any free floating relationships and looking at marriage because no other relationship can be as satisfying and as fulfilling as marriage. Its a special bond where you be together and grow together.

So, has marriage changed you?
Five years is a long long time. There has been definitely a change in the sense that the relationship has evolved over the years. In fact, Fahd (Simone's husband) and me know each other for the past 10 years, which is a very long period. Also being in a happy relationship, sharing together and being together makes you learn a lot of things. So change is evident. But I would say instead of drastic changes there have been a lot subtle positive changes, which one undergoes along with the span of time and also due to the emotional securities that marriage gives you.

You have very beautiful skin and hair and a great body. What are your beauty secrets?
Actually, I don't have anything called beauty secrets as such. Also, I don't follow a very stringent beauty regime. I am just careful about the products that I use. I would only say that always use the best quality products and don't settle for cheap stuff, as they can be disastrous for your skin. I think cleaning and moisturizing my skin is very important for me. And that even goes for hair.
But recently I had coloured my hair for the Garnier shoot, after which I had gone to Europe with my husband on a vacation. You won't believe that every one asked me 'Oh my God that colour looks gorgeous on you'. Believe me, I'm not making this up. So for my hair I use Garnier products, as they are high quality products. And the best part of it is that Garnier uses only natural ingredients so their products are devoid of all harmful chemicals.

And what about hair care?

Actually I don't get the time to take special care of hair due to my hectic schedule. The only thing which I follow is that I use Garnier Hair colour and Ultra Doux Shampoo and conditioner.
Ultra Doux has a very mild range of shampoos and conditioners with natural ingredients like figs, olive oil, walnut, lemon and other such things which not only nourish your hair but also give it the required lustre, volume and fullness to your hair.

Do you also feel that diet plays an important part in hair care?
What you eat reflects on your hair. I always include a lot of fruits and green vegetables in my diet. Apart from that drinking lots of water also helps.

Do you follow any particular diet regimen?
My profession is such that I have to take care of my diet but due to my busy schedules I'm not able to maintain a fixed routine. I eat everything but in the right proportion and I've never been on a strict diet as such. I balance healthy and junk food so if I feel like eating a pizza I won't deny myself. I also love eating grilled fish and salads.

What are your dreams? Any future plans?
I think you've touched the right chord. Actually, I used to sing and perform on stage when I was in college. So I want to pursue that further. Also, learning the guitar is also something, which has been on my mind lately. As far as future plans are concerned, you know whenever people ask me this question I always quote John Lennon - ' Life is what happens to you when you are busy making other plans'.

Simone's Favourite:
Actor: Russell Crowe because he's so versatile that he can play a typical Hollywood hero and also play other difficult roles with great lan.
Actress: As of now... Cate Blanchett.
Holiday destination: anywhere in Europe if it's a long vacation and Goa, which is a constant holiday destination for us.
Book: There are many but right now I'm reading a book called 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time' by Mark Haddon, which is quite interesting.

link: http://www.shaadi.com/wedding/specials/others/050726-simone- singh.php

Edited by scorpion134 - 18 years ago
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by scorpion134

You've been married for five years now, what according to you are the essentials of a healthy relationship?
See..., it's very easy to be glib and give you a list of the essential ingredients of a relationship. I think each individual is unique and everybody has a special quality to add to the relationship. So it would be difficult to pick and choose.
But still on a deeper note, I would say that faith in your partner and faith in the relationship should be so strong that it helps the both of you to take this journey together.

i liked this part. she is corect and if she folows the same will make a vry gud partner.