Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sshekar thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
HI my name is dimple and I'm assumin urs is smitha rite. anywyz bout ur ff...are u sure tiz is ur 1st time writin a ff...it def doesnt seem like it. ur a natural....itz fantasticπŸ‘πŸ‘...cant wait till next part. ya n 29.....πŸ˜†πŸ˜†. poor prem n heer....they havent found each other 4 tiz long...πŸ˜†. i really like how u put some anger in prem and at the same time how he calmed down in the scene where he bumps into heer when he was gettin late for work...

hi dimple! sorry for not responding sooner!  yes, i am smitha...nice to meet you 😊
yeah, this is my first ff...i love to write, so i thought why not write about my fav couple...prem-heer! i am going to be including like 3 other stories of preet, harman and meher....keep reading!
sshekar thumbnail
Oct 7th, 2008
I know it was a sad and depressing episode. *sigh* we will have to get used to the fact that there will be no Prem for a while...till we get him back that is!
In an effort to cheer you all, I am updating my FF. Hope you like it. Enjoy!

Chapter 4

Prem studied his dad, wondering what was so important that it could not wait till tomorrow morning. He asked his dad to sit, but Lalit shook his head.

'Prem, I am here to talk to you about something really important. But before I start on that, I wanted to tell you that I am proud I have a son like you.'

'Dad'what is the matter?'

Lalit walked over to his son and patted is shoulder. 'I know we have a difference in opinion sometimes, but I want this understood. No matter what, you are a really good son.'

Prem was not sure where this was leading to, but remained silent.

'I know I have told you about my friend and Heer's father, Balraj. He and I were the best of friends. Our fates decided that our paths would veer away from one another. Through the years we tried to keep in touch, but somehow did not do justice to our friendship.  When I decided to come back to India , I wanted to spend the last days of my life re-living my childhood. ' Lalit walked over to the window and looked out, but his mind was far away.

'I did not know that Balraj would leave this world before I could tell him what he meant to me, more than a friend, a brother. And then god gave me his two precious possessions to take care of, Heer and Meher. There is nothing I would not do for those two girls, not just because they are Balraj' daughters, but also because Gayatri and I have come to love them as our own.'

Lalit looked at his son and said, 'I know you are wondering why I am telling you all this. The thing is, Prem, I need to ask something of you and I want you to think carefully before giving me an answer.'

Prem looked puzzled. Lalit continued. 'Your mother and I want you marry Heer.'

Preet and Meher were enjoying the new James Bond movie to the hilt. Heer was tired so she was sitting with her head resting on a pillow and dozing.

'Di, kya aap bhi?' Meher nudged her sister. 'You're going to miss all the best parts of the movie!'

Heer stood up and yawned. 'I am going to bed. You guys watch the movie.' She was still a little drowsy, so she walked back slowly to her room. She came up to Prem's study and noticed that the door was half closed. Thinking nothing of it, she had barely passed the door, when she heard Prem speak. 'Dad'how can I marry Heer?'

Heer stood there frozen to the spot. What was going on? All thought of sleep fled as she debated what to do.

'She is such a nice girl, very kind and loving. Your mother and I both like her a lot.' Lalit said, sounding almost defensive. 'Not to mention very pretty, don't you think?'

'There is nothing wrong with Heer, but did you consider the fact that I may not want to marry her?'

'Well, why the hell not?' Lalit asked a tad too loudly.

Prem ignored the challenge he heard in his father's voice and mustered patience. 'Well, for one, I don't know her. And secondly, I am not sure if we could even make it work. Thirdly, what if I was in love with someone else?' he said and added as he saw his father losing his patience. 'No, before you ask, I am not. Fourthly, did you even ask Heer's opinion about what she wants?'

Heer was still standing by the door, unable to move. This was really embarrassing. How could Lalit-chachu ask Prem to marry her? Did he think he was obligated to her father in some way, just because they had been friends? What was she going to do?

'No, I did not ask Heer, because she will not go against my wishes,' he said, almost sounding proud.

'Unlike me, you mean,' Prem said. He sighed and walked over to his desk. 'Do you know what kind of position you are putting me in? Why now? What happened that made you want to suddenly ask this of me?'

Heer heard the frustration in Prem's voice. She felt tears prickle in the back of her eyes. Did they know how it made her feel that Lalit had to force Prem into marrying her? And what would Prem do? Agree to make his parents happy? What kind of life would she have with him, knowing that he would spend the rest of his life with someone he didn't love?

Lalit softened a little bit. 'I just think it is time you settled down. Your mother and I are getting old. We want to see our oldest son married, play with our grandchildren. And we think that Heer is going to make you a good wife. Balraj will rest in peace if he knows his daughter is in good hands and I know you will take care of her.'

'What about Meher? Are you sure you don't want one of your other sons to marry her as well?' Prem asked, with faint sarcasm.

Lalit laughed. 'Meher is a sweetheart. She is strong willed and is confident about herself, because Heer is her strength. It is Heer that I worry about the most.'

Prem sighed, 'I don't know what to tell you. I need time to think about this.'

'Ok'fine. I will give you time till I have a chance to talk to Heer. Once she has agreed, then you will have to accept her as your wife. It's not like you are in love with someone else, so you have nothing to lose,' Lalit turned around to walk away.

'What if I'let's say'fall in love, with someone else, before then?'

The look Lalit gave his son was steely. 'Then you better have the courage to tell me before I make the announcement to the family. Because once I have done that, then there will be no turning back'

This last statement brought Heer to reality and thinking that she had heard more than enough, silently hurried to her room. What was she going to do now? What would she tell Lalit-chachu when he asked her what she thought of marrying Prem? Even if she had not heard the father-son conversation today, she would have been very surprised that Prem would have agreed to marry her. They barely spoke to each other at the best of times and had nothing in common. She was a simple person with simple tastes. Prem needed someone who was like him, worldly, glamorous'someone who could stand by his side and make him proud. Heer did not think she could ever be that person, did not think she had the confidence to be his wife. And knowing how happy Lalit had sounded at the prospect of their marriage, Heer did not think she had the courage to say no and disappoint him.

Now, after finding out that Prem had to be forced'she wiped her tears. No, she was not going to let that happen. He deserved to be married to someone he loved and for that matter, so did she. She knew Lalit and Gayatri meant well and maybe felt some obligation and found the need to put Prem in such a situation. Slowly she changed into her night clothes. Tomorrow, she thought. Tomorrow I will talk to Prem.

< =
Edited by sshekar - 15 years ago
fj08 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Hello there
i just read you FF and found it very nice..... hadnt planned on leaving a comment but really wanted to let you know how much i enjoyed it.... specially now that a lot isnt going on in kdmhmd on tv, the FFs make all the difference, must say i really like your prem and heer, hopefully they ll have a beautiful realtionship, looking forward to reading it soon :)
just to let u know, the links to the parts on the first page do not work, only the one for the third part is right, the other two are to reply forms...
Edited by fj08 - 15 years ago
sshekar thumbnail
Hello there
i just read you FF and found it very nice..... hadnt planned on leaving a comment but really wanted to let you know how much i enjoyed it.... specially now that a lot isnt going on in kdmhmd on tv, the FFs make all the difference, must say i really like your prem and heer, hopefully they ll have a beautiful realtionship, looking forward to reading it soon :)

Aww...thank you! i appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment..πŸ˜ƒ
i am glad you liked it...i will post the next update on Sat! c u then!
fj08 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sshekar

Aww...thank you! i appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment..πŸ˜ƒ
i am glad you liked it...i will post the next update on Sat! c u then!

great will look for it on saturday then
angel82 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
eagerly waiting for the next part...πŸ˜ƒ
x.sunayna.x thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hey!
That was a fantastic update, im loving your FF!
Looking forward to the next part!
?xXx?
Sunayna
= ]

P.s thanks for updating today really needed it!
*smiles*
AmanaR thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
awesome part really nicely written. i wanna see hoe prem and heer fall in love!!!!!!
amana
-Rani- thumbnail
Hey Smitha..simply superbπŸ‘very well put together I must say..so Prem didn't agree to his father right away..and now that Heer knows what the oldies r thinking..I'm wondering what'll Prem-Heer do??really looking forward to the next part..
ashpush thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
awsome part.....loved it!!!!! hope they fall in love n marry...
cont soon...im gettin imoatient 2 read the next part..
Edited by ashpush - 15 years ago