Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

cos those gays believe in the supreme values of a stamped paper πŸ˜‰ fine have a stamped paper and call it REARAGE not MARRIAGE..πŸ˜‰ If they dont use the word marriage most people dont even care whether they even exist...πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

The only reason to accept live-in should be rejection of tradition, values and culture and ability to go sexually hopping. In short if you pride in a livin relationship dont hold a haldi kunku or a karwa chauth...πŸ˜‰

We use traditions and beliefs to our convenience. There is no one who would accept that they follow all the rituals as per Vedas and our holy books in daily life. So I don't think anyone advocating live-in relationship is averse to traditions. If one wishes then she can have a Karva-Chauth even for her live-in partnerπŸ˜›. Some husbands these days also do keep fast along with wife on Karva-Chauth but as per tradition it is only women who need to keep the fast.

As I mentioned before it is impossible for us to accept major changes at once. It takes centuries to change set norms and beliefs.

Ok let me make my stand clearer... I dont think following are justifications for Livin relationship.

1. 10000 Battering husbands.

2. 20000 Harrassing mothers-in-law.

3. 30000 betraying husbands..

4. Bride burning for dowry.

5. Sati.......etc

I don't think there is any justification to any of the above mentioned brutality.

Battery and infidelity can happen in marriage or live-in relationship. Still why is one averse to live-in setup? Simple.. because of the fear of society. Here I am not against marriages but I am also not opposed to people in live-in relationship.

Edited by Maya_M - 17 years ago
qwertyesque thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maya_M

We use traditions and beliefs to our convenience.Not true generally except for a few people here and there... There is no one who would accept that they follow all the rituals as per Vedas and our holy books in daily life. So I don't think anyone advocating live-in relationship is averse to traditions.No infact it should since unless you have a great desire to defile values most generally accpeted and followed. If one wishes then she can have a Karva-Chauth even for her live-in partnerπŸ˜›. Thats what I object to... dont straddle, be here or there... if I accept your argument, tomorrow you can advocate prostitution for house-wives to earn the easy buck... πŸ˜‰ and I dont think theres anything wrong there either we have enough liberation to hold anything sexual with hardly any sanctity right? Some husbands these days also do keep fast along with wife on Karva-Chauth but as per tradition it is only women who need to keep the fast. Sure who are those sissys..πŸ˜†

As I mentioned before it is impossible for us to accept major changes at once. It takes centuries to change set norms and beliefs. Just advocating a change doesnt justify its relevance...and meaningfulness which is why traditions have lasted thousands of years...😊

qwertyesque thumbnail

I don't think there is any justification to any of the above mentioned brutality.

All i am saying these brutalities dont provide a good reason for livin- relationships...πŸ˜‰

Just advocating a change doesnt justify its relevance...and meaningfulness which is why traditions have lasted thousands of years...😊

Just opposing a new setup doesn't make it appalling. Traditions last for centuries but not people's mindset. Sati was considered purification of women and 'Satis' were equated to the level of goddesses at one time. I am glad people have changed their mindset to such traditions. I am not against marriages but I am also not opposed to people in live-in relationship.

We can go in circles on this topic for as long as you want 😊and I would still stick to my point that it takes time for people to accept a new change and a new setup. As time goes by people would change their views according to their convenience. It had happened for centuries. I rest my case. 

All i am saying these brutalities dont provide a good reason for livin- relationships...πŸ˜‰

Yes and aversion of few in the society doesn't make it appalling either. It would matter only to those who crave for society's acceptance not to those who are defiant. πŸ˜‰

mermaid_QT thumbnail

The only reason to accept live-in should be rejection of tradition, values and culture and ability to go sexually hopping. In short if you pride in a livin relationship dont hold a haldi kunku or a karwa chauth...πŸ˜‰

Ignorance is bliss πŸ˜ƒ.  I shared it also some years ago.

Dude, you have no clue what is happening in several new-age sati savitri satyavan indian houses do you?  Cheating on spouses I am ranting again is MORE common in asian countries where people supposedly VALUE marriage constitution and don't divorce. (sexual hopping outside of marriage is more common that you can imagine)

If one wishes then she can have a Karva-Chauth even for her live-in partnerπŸ˜›.

Thats what I object to... dont straddle, be here or there... if I accept your argument, tomorrow you can advocate prostitution for house-wives to earn the easy buck... πŸ˜‰ and I dont think theres anything wrong there either we have enough liberation to hold anything sexual with hardly any sanctity right?

I am not straddling. There is no one who follows all the traditions as per holy books. You can argue on that but that is the truth. Traditions are followed according to the convenience of place, surroundings etc. Just because someone prefers to have a live-in relationship doesn't mean that she can't have a Karva-Chauth or restricted to go to temple. In Hinduism we believe in one man for one woman but Bhagwan Krishna had 16 million wives and yet he is a Hindu, the supreme god. I detest men who offer themselves as culture police and advocate lame traditions in the pretext of Bharatiyata.

I am not debating with you to change your views. I am arguing because I am not averse to it. You can believe in whatever you want. Who am I to change your views?

I somehow missed the part I highlighted now in your post. I am amused that you equated live-in relation to prostitution. Why would a strong woman like me advocate prostitution be it for housewives or narrow minded, lazy men? I don't support it because it is degrading your own self. That is my viewpointt. If someone advocates that then that is not my problem.😊

qwertyesque thumbnail

I am not straddling. There is no one who follows all the traditions as per holy books. You can argue on that but that is the truth. Traditions are followed according to the convenience of place, surroundings etc. Just because someone prefers to have a live-in relationship doesn't mean that she can't have a Karva-Chauth or restricted to go to temple. In Hinduism we believe in one man for one woman but Bhagwan Krishna had 16 million wives and yet he is a Hindu, the supreme god. I detest men who offer themselves as culture police and advocate lame traditions in the pretext of Bharatiyata.

I am not debating with you to change your views. I am arguing because I am not averse to it. You can believe in whatever you want. Who am I to change your views?

I somehow missed the part I highlighted now in your post. I am amused that you equated live-in relation to prostitution. Why would a strong woman like me advocate prostitution be it for housewives or narrow minded, lazy men? I don't support it because it is degrading your own self. That is my viewpointt. If someone advocates that then that is not my problem.😊

Why is it bad when somebody is getting paid for something which has power to end marriages indivorce... why is it demeaning.. so you acquire the right to  tweak tradition, how much to and flaunt it as a right? I dont think if this was true we would be proud of one.. but in face of every bohemian thnking good sense has always prevailed....πŸ˜‰... tradition is a value of a society and it has to be either respected or discarded but not defiled with all kinds of wierd justitications....😊