Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

scorpiongal thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
and forgot to add.... shvetal..great job u did. M actually wondering..from where u managed this much energy to again read, find and gather all those posts and put them together. 😊 and u put my post just like i posted it..in that majenta font!!! gosh....reminded me of how apprehensive and equally excited i was while posting that. One of my craziest post was that.....loved to read that again though in place of apprehension, the feeling this time came was sort of embarassment saying '' o'god!! how idiotically i wrote my first post'. 😳
@ Uma, will definitely watch it asap. The little portion that i saw yesterday looked great.
@ Shweta, thank you. I just wanted to do something unusual and bring back old memories, thats all. Seeing you back on the forum has cheered me up on a sad day 😊
superbike thumbnail
hi shweta, how have you been? good to have you back !

superbike thumbnail
shvetal, i think this is the interview you were talking about...

Talking point with gaurav chopra

deepavenkatraman

Posted online: Sep 15, 2008 at 0141 hrs

The actor talks about his career so far and his upcoming English movie
You have won the All Time Achievers Award recently. How has your career shaped since your first serial Lavanya in 2003?
I was fortunate to settle in the industry so quickly'seven serials in three years. I never thought I would be an actor. It was only after Grasim Mr India where I reached the final rounds that I started getting offers and then there was no looking back. After acting in Lavanya, Saara Aakash and Dil Kya Chahta Hai by end of 2005, I took a break. Very soon I was lucky to get the opportunity to work with Edward Zwick in his movie'Blood Diamond. Which serial has given you the most creative satisfaction?
The lead role in Aisa Desh Hai Mera, which ran for eight months, was the best. It was not only because I enjoyed playing the role, but the whole environment on the sets was great and hence I felt like giving my best shot. I shared a good rapport with the director and also learnt a lot from veteran actors like Kirron Kher, Kanwaljit and Benjamin Gilani who were part of the serial. Two movies and seven serials till date; so what's next?
I am not in a hurry to take on many projects, as I am currently doing one serial, Left Right Left, and taking part in Zara Nach Ke Dikha. I will also be seen in an English movie'The Killing Moon. The movie is a blend of action, romance and humour. As for Bollywood, I am getting offers, but I've not yet made up my mind. I am happy with television right now. You and Narayani Shastri make a good pair on screen. How come you are competing against each other on Zara Nach Ke Dikha?
I didn't know that Narayani was in the show when I signed it. We are best friends off screen and we share a very healthy competition in this show. There are no mean tricks between us. We appreciate each other's good performance. What are your expectations from this show? Do you think the boys will win it this time?
So far, the boys have won the maximum votes and our performance is being appreciated. So we definitely stand a chance to win.

wasn't 'killing moon' out and out action movie until last interview but now its a blend of action, romance and humour...hmmmm ... confusing, innit?!
Edited by superbike - 15 years ago
superbike thumbnail

Tyohaar Dhamaka, a Zonal War on 9X...

Tyohaar Dhamaka, the next dance reality on 9X will see the likes of some big names of television industry fighting a Zonal War....Check the Dhamaka right here...

9X is on course to launch a dance reality show titled 'Tyohaar Dhamaka' produced SOL Productions which will be yet another zonal war!!

The contestants of each zone will compete against the other zones wherein there will be a group performance by each zone. The uniqueness of this 12-episodic show is that it will be a 30 minutes show and the first four weeks will not see any elimination happening; after which every week will see the exit of one zone which comprises of three contestants.

Here is Telly Buzz giving you details of contestants and their respective zones.

North Zone will have Gaurav Chopra, Gaurav Khanna and Nandini Singh.

The East Zone will see the likes of Naman Shaw, Mouni Roy and Shayantani Ghosh.

West will have Jay Bhanushali, Shubangi Atre and Pallavi Subhash.

And finally, the Central Zone will see Twinkle Bajpai, Narayani Shastri and Yash Pandit in it.

The show will not have a flurry of judges as seen in most of the cases, and the sole judge will be the actress of yester years, Asha Parekh. Hosting the dance show is the dance expert Sudha Chandran.

So get ready for this fast-paced reality show on 9X'

Nandini singh, Is she a great dancer?! I accidentally happened to see her dance while flipping channels sometime back... I would like to believe that it wasn't her day that day... otherwise Gaurav and his team would need  lot of luck, I am afraid !

Edited by superbike - 15 years ago
scorpiongal thumbnail
hi Teena... i m good. thanks.

thanks for the article....i agree with Shvetal, he can give several reasons for ADHM to be his best show (earlier he always claimed 'bonbay crush' as best) ...it is because of ADHM forum and ppl who ardently admired his work and character.
there is no mention abt his hindi movie 'rashtra' ...that he talked abt long ago. and according to an article on previous page..he is again coming in a dance show.

I like to watch him dancing but after continuously having watched in ZNKD..m lil bit tired of that ..I want to see him acting now in a new nice show.
hv actually left watching LRL since 2 months...so...plz plz ek achcha sa show kab aayega.... mein bekraar hoon...😊
Edited by scorpiongal - 15 years ago
scorpiongal thumbnail

why they are dividing ppl along regional lines....this is yak. ðŸ¤¢.

i hope Raj thackrey would not create a ruckus at this concept....as he might say how could the ppl staying and earning their livlihood in Mumbai can dare to represent another zone.

Teena, you have been busy as a bee, I see 😊 I was so glad to see Gaurav's interview in the Indian Express, its the newspaper i read. Yeh Times of India aur Hinustan Times aur Mumbai Mirror aur Mid-day are things i either read at office or online, i refuse to pay money for trash 😉 But IE is 'my paper' and i was so glad when their television feature covered him for the first time in two years. Teena, Nandini Singh cannot dance to save her life, so heaven help them! Also, abhi toh killing moon sirf a blend of humour, romance and action bana hai, knowing this industry, woh abhi a blend of action, humour, romance, comedy, drama, social commentary, satire, revenge tragedy, thriller, horror, masala and lost and found bhi banega 😆 😆 What will it be called then? How about Tarun, Taufiq and Tony?!!

Shweta, the Raj Thakeray comment is very pertinent, you never know what could happen in this crazy world! As for being tired of dance shows, i am still busy catching up with all that i have missed! I finally, in the same lifetime and in the same year 😉, saw the Valentine's Day dance on Kambakth Ishq and Mohabbat Hai Mirchi. Very energetic and fun to watch, though i wish the format had permitted a storyline. Also, i still found the hair style wannabe. I understood that it was a collegian look and this segment was portraying 'love today' as oppsed to 'love earlier' in the other segments. So the look suited the setup.
I hope no setup ever demands such a wannabe look ever again 😛 I know i sound prejudiced, but i dislike 'wannabe' ness more than most other things in the world.
alfalafel thumbnail
The girls win Zara Nachke Dikha

The boy's team (Tez Talwar) was unhappy with the judge's decision in Zara Nachke Dikha right from the beginning. The end too has left a bitter taste for them.

A well placed source from the production house informed, "The girl's team (Meethi Churi) has won Zara Nachke Dikha. There was a big drama that unfolded in the grand finale. In the face- off round, Ashita Dhawan and Bakhtyaar Irani come to perform. The judges Malaika Arora Khan, Chunky Pandey and Saroj Khan decide to send Bakhtyaar to the penalty bench. Upset with the decision of the judges, Bakhtyaar walks off from the stage. His team mates follow him. In the next and last round called the jhoom barabar jhoom round, the boys came on the dance floor but they only clapped, banged their feet and moved around without dancing, in retaliation to their anguish towards the judges."

The source further added, "The boys reacted in this way because they felt that the judges were biased, the result was rigged and they will not win even if they give their best performance. The judges got upset with this behaviour. Malaika Arora Khan told the boys that they have wasted the judge's time and that they didn't have the guts to compete. Mouni Roy won the best dancer of the series title and prize money of one lakh."

When approached few of the members from the boy's team refused to comment. A member from the boy's team who does not wish to be named said, "Maybe it all happened in a rush of emotions. Our best players were coming to perform and they were doing so well. Yet we were losing. There must be a reason to it."

Judge Saroj Khan said, "All I want to say is that if there is just one judge he/she may get influenced but if there are three judges they can't get influenced by anything or any one. There was no scope for cheating. The boys are stupid and budtameez (manner less), especially Bakhtyaar."

Tsk Tsk where is your sportsman spirit guys?

The grand finale will air on 28th Sept.

scorpiongal thumbnail
okkkk...so results are out. the girls won and the so called battle of sexes has come to an end...(only on that reality show.....though in real life reality...it would always go unconcluded untill the day when world ends..and probably it will continue if there is another world.)

whoever won or lost....i liked both teams. both teams had great dancers and they hv given some remerkable performances. so..can't say who was the best.

Even i felt it several times that judges were not good enough...Boys were actually unhappy with judges since very first episode when Amit was sent to penalty bench, though that was a fair decision according to me. IT would not be wrong to say they hv never taken they defeat sportingly...everytime their member went to bench, they leashed out their hostility. Narayani also went to bench even after giving one of the best performances on the show, she accepted that quite decently.

I don't say that girls were always goody goody, at times they offended boys directly like in their first group performance (mere angne mein) and then the punishment given to Chaitanya was lil rude... and judges never commented on that.  BUT despite everything they did showed respect for each other and competition seemed a good fun.  so...i didn't expect any such thing is going to happen. It's lil upsetting.😔