The Pursuit of Excellence - Gaurav Chopraa fanclub - Page 6

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 15 years ago
Oh Shweta, i forgot to write this the last time around - when i said that Gaurav considers adhm his fav because of the forum, i meant that as a joke 😊 Sweetie, i do not overestimate our importance, in fact, would be surprised if we were considered even relevant to the lives of the people we go on talking about.
ZNKD...hmm... when i first read about it, i thought it was a silly concept but then i started enjoying the dancing, though the lines on the show always struck me as supremely stupid. Some of the dances were spectacular - Chaitanya's freestyle on Tanhai comes immediately to mind, some were very good - i liked the Kisna group song a lot and the Pyaar humein kis mod pe le aaya was a lot of fun. Some concepts were interesting - Rupali and Delnaaz's mime act, Bakhtyar and Chaitanya, the Dum song. Some very interesting songs were used - Ajnabee Shaam Hai for one. The judges were erratic and inconsistent, but the format of the show left the final decision with the judges and all participants must have been aware of the format before they signed on to be part of the show. To say a very cynical thing, popular voting is when you are judged by the whims and fancies of ten thousand people and voting by judges is to be subject to the whims and fancies of 2 or 3 people. Beyond it, there is no difference. Also, 'he\she danced well' or 'he\she danced badly' is to a very great extent a subjective decision, so there is always bound to be a difference of opinion.
For the boys team to refuse to perform, after knowing the format, sounds childish but then we do not know the whole story. We all know by now that these shows are scripted. People and their fights - and their love stories, for that matter - are used and abused and stories made out of them. Sometimes the actors themselves use the system to get attention, sometimes the system uses them. I thought the format of the show innately silly, but once it started, i had hoped for a finale where both teams sweated it out, gave incredible performances and the better team on that day won. Then we could go on arguing about whether it was a right decision or wrong 😊, but i guess that too was not to be. I will watch the entire episode though and hope that each dance in it is worthy of a finale.

Oh and Shweta i didn't feel that Singh is King was Narayani's best performance - i feel her best performance is yet to come. Thats because i feel that she doesn't push herself and so always delivers a competent performance but never a 'beyond my ability, beyond my expectation but i did it' kind of performance. I would love to see her, for instance, do an elaborate Indian classical dance or a very fast salsa and leave all her earlier performances behind.
Finally, i read this and loved it, so wanna share. Nike was doing an ad campaign for the Olympics until the International Olympic Association banned it because it went against the Olympic spirit. The tag line of the ad was - 'You don't win the silver, you lose the gold'. We've been talking of winning and losing here, what do you all think of this line?
scorpiongal thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: whynot

Oh Shweta, i forgot to write this the last time around - when i said that Gaurav considers adhm his fav because of the forum, i meant that as a joke 😊 Sweetie, i do not overestimate our importance, in fact, would be surprised if we were considered even relevant to the lives of the people we go on talking about.

even I said,what i said, very lightly.....just drawing out an extra meaning to his quotes..(as we often do)😉. 

as a performer, i hv liked his many performances and commented on that with my full enthusiasm that i could gather....but of course that particular act or performance may not hv given him his best work gratification...and vice versa. When we comment on performnaces..we hardly know or understand how much energy, dedication, enthusiasm, effort, pain and everything one has put in performing that but yet we go on and on giving our opinions and I think any Performer would like to know that...so there is no question of relevance to his life. In short.. i do attach some importance to the response that one gets for his/her efforts. Any performer may put his/her best possible into whatever they do, but to an extent, the gratification of their efforts does lies in how the audience has responded to it.

again, regarding Narayani, i didn't say that it was her best performance....i said it was one of the best performances on ZNKD.  😊
Edited by scorpiongal - 15 years ago
Well, I am a Narayani fan but i did not find that performance one of the best of ZNKD. To each his own, i guess. 😊
Now, to relevance. You are right when you say that audience appreciation is important for an actor. But a performer gets many responses - from the director, from the other actors and the team on the set, which could be anywhere from 7 to 75 responses, from the creative team of the show, from the producers, from the channel, from friends and family who are always eagerly following what you do, from other actors and finally from the internet. And we are not entirely unbiased, we too have our own biases and expectations. 😊
When Gaurav first started writing on this fanclub, i thought it was great that he took the time out to respond to our enthusiasm and excitement. I still see it as something nice that he does, a response to something nice that we do for him. Nothing more, nothing less. Nothing more in that, i do not think it would not matter to him for more than 5 minutes if this fan club were to stop existing. Nothing less, in that i do think that it is great to make time for people, to include them in your life, to thank them for the affection they voluntarily shower on you.
umagaurav thumbnail
SEEMS LIKE PRINCE CALLING TO COME IN HIS ARMS

Edited by umagaurav - 15 years ago
scorpiongal thumbnail
thanks for the pics Uma. 😊. and what r u waiting for Sweetheart...when he has opened his arms. u shdn't  take any chance, just go...hurry!!!! ðŸ˜‰
 this is his 'DUM' attire. during watching dance i didn't notice that it is a skin fit top, and later he opened his collar so it was looking like a v-necked. but whatever he looked stunning and what to say abt dance. It was too good, something never seen before. dancing while lying on the floor and moving ur body just as finely as standing is too difficult (i tried it ðŸ˜‰ ). It was visible there aa well as Amit did the same moves but his body movements were hardly defined.

and i m happy that Judges actually mentioned that he was the highlight of the act. " Dum ka Hero..."😎
superbike thumbnail

Shvetal, I think tarun, taufiq and tony would be perfect..😆 ðŸ˜† .... about 'you dont win silver, you lose gold'... well it definitely does not go inline with sportsman spirit...  to be honest , winning is the goal every sportsman works for .. but sportsmanship is not only about winning, its about masking self-interests and playing for the love of sports for the first instance... I think olympics is such a huge event for the whole world... if at the end of the day sportsmanship does not exist and it becomes the battle of winning gold, one day we will have another war and definitely purpose will be defeated...

about this friendly battle between girls and boys.. I also dont support the format... but I would watch it (whenever it is telecast here) for great dances... as much as I have seen online... the portions in between dances were quite irritating... Obviously they also didn't start it to prove any superiority of any gender.... but they tried to make it interesting, funny ( i guess) to the best of their ability by choosing this format and set of rounds.. so to me, there is no question of winning or losing... in long term what will be remembered, he or she is a great dancer or girls are better than boys... obviously impression that is engraved in audiences mind about the dancing abilities of participants  will matter.
Edited by superbike - 15 years ago
superbike thumbnail
shweta , I exactly know what you mean by 'its lil upsetting' ... we dont want to end t this way as article describes this..
superbike thumbnail
Uma,nice pictures... he seems to be dressed for a mime act. :).. he would do very well there too...
scorpiongal thumbnail

Originally posted by: superbike

shweta , I exactly know what you mean by 'its lil upsetting' ... we dont want to end t this way as article describes this..

oh teena !!! u actually understood it.!! 😲😉 

that means my posts do not create a mystery anymore, that means i hv become a open book....and that means i hv become so so obvious and that means  i hv lost my distinguished identity completely... 😆