Donnaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
. Edited by goldenmoon - 10 years ago
AnonymousMG thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Chapter 13

Ebersol of the Falcons passes to Kennan! The commentator shouted at the top of his lungs as the two players disputed the polo ball with their respective mallets.

This is Bill with Gwen Olsen giving you play-by-play...of this marvelous charity event. The voice echoed again through the sprawling green grass grounds where all the biggies of LA have assembled to play/witness a charity' event.

Hello. Have you seen Maan anywhere? Dev bombarded the question to the first person he saw the moment he entered the grounds, totally ignoring Naintara, his wife.

Maan and Geet were hiding behind the shadows of a large tree, dodging the hundreds of eyes present in the ground. Geet wore a beautiful polka dotted summer dress and a hat. Her hair was neatly tied and on the name of accessories she had small graceful pearl drops in her ear. She looked every ounce of an elite woman who meant business but still can manage to be charming. While Maan, on the other hand, had donned his impeccable business attire in grey with a BLUE TIE that fell completely out of the place. Well for the rest of the world, it may be a stupid selection but both Maan and Geet knew the significance of this tie in their relationship.

What if someone recognizes me? Geet whined pouting while Maan rolled his eyes for the n-th time at this child-woman.

Not likely. They don't spend too much time on Hollywood Boulevard. Maan said in a teasing tone referring to the place they met first and tried to pull her towards the entrance again.

You did...Huh. Geet said mockingly averting her eyes and ran back to the car's door.

On a reflex, Maan caught hold of her wrists before she could open the car. Coming dangerously close to her, he held both her hands in a tight grip and caged her body between his and the car.

He pleaded. Come on. Let go. Let go FOR Me. He whispered huskily in her ear warming her senses as he made her leave the door handle. You look great. He breathed heavily getting affected by the current flowing through their bodies. We will have a wonderful time. He nuzzled his nose at her smooth cheek as she giggled. They were losing themselves in a public place. Realizing their situation as a man passed by them coughing Maan distanced himself immediately, while Geet clutched her heart trying to slow down her erratic beats.

Trust me...You look like a lady for a change today. Geet's eyes shot up to Maan's goofily grinning face as his tone suddenly changed from seductive to teasing. All her flush was gone and she was irritated at the jibe he took. With a sweet smile adorning his handsome features, he extended his hand to her and before she could understand whether she was angry at him or bowled by his smile, they were walking in the stadium hand in hand.

Okay. Don't fidget and smile. Maan whispered in her ear as they moved towards a group.

Humboldt's coming around to this side. Penalty on that play. The voice of the lady commentator echoed again.

Turning to Maan Gwen grinned and switched off her microphone. Hello Mr. Khurana, she drawled seductively.  Wrapping a leg over other, she tried her best to show as much skin as possible through her thigh up slits.

This is Gwen and Gretchen, the infamous Olsen sisters, who have made marrying... well an art form. Maan turned to Geet giving the best introduction of the girls, totally ignoring the commentator's advances towards him.

Maan. A voice called him from behind.

Be back in just a second. Hold on. Maan patted Geet's cheek and went aside to talk to the man who had called him. The two women scowled at Maan's visible care towards Geet.

So, you're the flavor of the month for him. Hmm? Gwen mocked Geet while glancing her menacingly top to bottom.

Uh, she's just being testy. Maan is you know our most eligible bachelor. The second sister jumped in quickly. Everybody is trying to land him. She spoke clearly trying to ridicule Geet.

Well, I'm not trying to land him. I'm just using him for sex. Geet replied as if no big deal. Giving an equally mocking smile she turned to her heels leaving the two flustered women behind with their mouths hanging open.

Well done. Maan was standing with a few people as he cheered a player loudly.

Well doneWhoo, whoo, whoo! Geet's Roshesh inspired voice startled the group completely with as she moved her hands animatedly screaming at a player at the top of her voice. It was only then Maan realized her presence. He raised a brow as if asking What?

Ignoring the incredulous look she had garnered with her vile behavior and plastering a fake smile, she pulled Maan in a corner and whispered softly...Tell me again why we're here.

Business.

Business mingling? She raised a brow.

Hmm.

A sound of whistle and an announcement from the dais marked the half time of the game.

That's Falcons, seven. Gems, four. The results were announced and everyone dispersed for refreshments.

Excuse me...Maan! Maan.  Over here!! Dev screamed the moment he saw Maan.

Ahh Dev. Maan smiled warmly at him and Naintara as he approached them taking Geet along. I want you to meet a new friend of mine, Geet Handa. He introduced Geet to his only friends' in the gathering.

Well, hi. Its Dev Malhotra here, Geet. This is my wife, Naintara. Dev spoke acting warm while his lawyer mind was busy scrutinizing this new girl in Maan's arm.

It's always a pleasure meeting one of Maan's girls. Naintara smiled a sinister bored smile as she blew Geet a fake kiss wiping the smile off Geet's face for a second. Oh, my God! It's Tate Whitley Wallington. Naintara rushed behind the hot American actor as he passed the group, leaving the three behind un-apologetically.

Maan and Geet both gave a pity smile to Dev, who shrugged as if nothing had happened.

Well, let me get you something to drink. Dev tried to change the topic. I'll be right back. He smiled at her and held Maan's arm pulling him out of Geet's hearing range and whispered in excitement...Did you notice Senator Adams is here?

Hmm. I asked him to. Maan replied arrogantly.

Dev hugged him grinning and squealed- That is why I have pledged my eternal love to you Maan. If Senator Adams is here no way the deal is going in Raichand's favor.

Real genuine guy. Geet mocked as Dev went to get some drinks. -Who is he? Being a woman, Geet clearly noticed the cheap look Dev gave her.

He's my lawyer. Judging her not so warm expressions he smiled convincingly...He's all right.

Are these people your friends? Geet asked genuinely, disapproval marring her features clearly. 

Maan pondered a while...I spend time with them, yeah.

Well, no wonder.

No wonder what?

No wonder why you came looking for me. Geet spoke meaning each and every word. Maan fell silent as he had nothing to say at that.

And I do need some help from you ladies and gentlemen in the audience. The sound from the loud speaker broke the lingering silence in between them.

We need you to help replace some of the divots out here on the grass. So come on out now. Come on! Come on, folks. The stomping of the divots.!!!This is a time-honored tradition, ladies and gentlemen. As old as the game of polo itself. Kings and queens used to do this.

Maan held her hand and pulled her into the ground where they simply lost themselves in the childish play of stomping over the divots. With Geet everything seems to be so amazing, Maan thought as they jumped up and down on the grass holding hands, laughing loudly, completely forgetting their surroundings.  For a moment Geet slipped as her heels ditched her ...but before she knew, his warm hands engulfed her and pulled her as close as possible. Their bodies molded to each other in broad day light. She spoke something in his ear and he laughed. Laughed heartily and rubbed his cheek in her neck making her giggle softly. They were so lost in each other that they did not even care if they are being noticed. But unknown to them, there was a pair of eyes that was closely noticing their every move darkly. Dev! Who now finally had an idea why Maan seemed to be changed off late.

Geet was sitting chatting with some people who seemed somewhat  less obnoxious as Maan went on with his business mingling when a sudden familiar face caught her attention.

Ja!!i...she squealed in excitement. How are you? She greeted Jai Raichand who she now recognized as the guy she cheered for in Gems team.

I'm okay. He smiled brightly at her.  I thought that was you. He laughed reminding her, her cheering spree. Geet blushed. Nice hat by the way. He complimented her sweetly.

It's new. She grinned. She never understood why she felt so much at ease with the Raichand's but she did. Or may be its her bubbly nature which didn't even leave Asad unaffected. It was hard to find a girl so innocent, so genuine in the vicious business circle and that is why even if she was Maan's , his arch enemy's, friend, he could not help but like her.

Come meet my horse, Jai took her hand suddenly surprising her.

Well, Maan's waiting for me. Umm...Geet fumbled as she tried to find him skimming through the crowd.

Come on, my horse is right here...He's right here.

Okay, I'll- Just for a second, though. Geet didn't have it in her heart to refuse Jai's excited face.

In another corner of the ground...Maan was having a tough time trying to dodge some personal questions.

Where did you meet her Maan? Dev asked Maan for the fifth time in a row as they sipped the cocktail.

Uh, I was asking for directions...There she was. Maan scrambled up a reply. He did not want to lie to the guy who had been with him for ten years but also could not reveal who Geet was. With others it had been easy to fool, but this was Dev and he seemed in no mood to let it go.

Oh, so you just ran into her? That's great. Like seriously? So anyway, what does she do? Does she work?

She's in sales. Maan was prompt.

Sales? That's terrific. That's good. Dev mocked clearly unconvinced. What does she sell? He bombarded the next question.

Maan had enough of Dev's questioning. Why do you want to know? He asked impatiently.

Just hear me out on this Maan. I've known you a long time. I see some differences in you this week,like this tie, he pulled the tie mockingly, and, uh-I'm wondering if maybe this girl isn't the difference, especially when I see her talking to Jai Raichand. He spoke icily.

Maan's eyes flew in her direction and he could sense a burning feeling in him with the sight that greeted him. He clearly disliked how Geet was smiling at Jai while cuddling with the horse. His unguarded expressions were noticed keenly by Dev's expert eyes. Quickly masking his expressions, Maan turned to Dev and spoke calmly.

I introduced them at dinner the other night.

So what? Now they're best friends? Dev now knew exactly what he had to do to make Maan spill out the beans. This girl appears out of nowhere. Now she's talking to a guy whose company we're trying to buy. Convenient, don't you think?

Don't be ridiculous. Maan spoke exasperated at Dev's wayward ideas...though deep within he was unsettled with the closeness he was witnessing between Geet and Jai.

How do you know that this girl hasn't attached herself to you because she's bringing information back to Raichand? This happens okay! Industrial espionage happens all the time. We do it...Raichand's can do it as well.

Dev, Dev, Dev! Maan could not take someone pointing out his Geet as a fraud. Dev, listen to me.

What?

She's not a spy. She is...she is...Maan took a long breath... a hooker.

Oh! A what? She is a hooker!! Dev choked first but then put up a suggestive smile.

I picked her up on Hollywood Boulevard...in your car. Maan sighed as he decided to confide in Dev for saving' Geet's reputation.

Oh, man! Dev said making a disgusted face...You got to be the only multi-millionaire I ever heard of who goes looking for a bargain basement streetwalker, you know? Dev laughed at him.

Maan glanced at him coldly and spoke- I'm sorry I told you. Dev's reaction was something that made him regret his decision to confide in him just seconds after. But it was too late, the damage had already been done.

I will attend to Senator Adams now. Maan moved as he wanted to get away from him at this moment.

Having a nice time, Geet? Dev spoke to Geet who was standing in a corner enjoying the game as he scanned her up and down as if mentally undressing her.

Yeah, I'm having a great time. She replied trying to sound nice but getting really uncomfortable by his stare.

Must be quite a change from Hollywood Boulevard, hmm? Dev barked icily in a voice only she could hear. Her smile froze as blood stopped in her veins.

Wh..What? She stuttered.

Yeah, Maan told me. It felt as if someone just stole the ground beneath her feet knocking her off down a steep valley.

But don't worry...your secret is safe with me. Dev leered at her while caressing her bare arm making Geet flinch with disgust. Listen, maybe, uh, you and I could get together sometime...after Maan leaves. He groped her leaning close to her. Tears swam in Geet's eyes. As much as she wanted to punch Dev's face at this very moment, she could not have possibly created a scene here. With a defeated sigh, she barely managed to utter out in her choked voice- Yeah, sure. Why not? And she ran off leaving a salivating Dev behind.

You all right?

Maan, who had completely forgotten about his encounter with Dev, asked Geet once again as they finally entered their suite after a long tiring day of socializing. Geet had been awfully cold the whole evening. Her eerie silence bothered Maan way too much. There is no way he can handle this non-stop bak bak express to be this silent.

I'm fine. Came the impassive cold reply he was fed up with.

Maan lost it this time. He yelled-Fine. That's good. Seven "fines" since we left the match. Could I have another word, please?

Asshole! That's another word .Geet shouted as she banged the washroom door close on his face taking Maan by complete surprise.

I think I liked "fine" better. He muttered under his breath as he sat down on the bed with a magazine waiting for his foul- mood princess to come out and talk.

Geet banged the door open as no more effort came from Maan's side. You know what? Just tell me one thing...Why did you make me get all dressed up? A stream of tear rolled down her cheek as she relived that anguish.

Well, for one thing, the clothing was appropriate. Maan gritted his teeth as he spoke without looking up...clearly not taking note of her tear stricken face.

No, what I mean is, if you were gonna tell everybody I'm a prostitute, why didn't you just let me wear my own clothes?

Maan's head shot up as soon as her words registered in his head. He looked up to see the most painful sight in his life...there was so much sadness on her face, her eyes was so pained...brimming with unshed tear. It felt as if someone just knocked his breath out.

I did not- I did not- He had no explanation...nothing came out of his mouth as he averted his eyes in shame and gulped the lump in his throat.

I mean, in my own clothes, when someone like that guy Dev comes up to me, I can handle it; I'm prepared. Geet sniffed wiping her watering nose and teary eyes with the back of her hands.

Oh that cuteness...Maan cursed himself for this situation. He had always known the philanderer nature of Dev. He and Naintara both were famous for flings and affairs. What the hell was he thinking before he uttered this.

I'm very sorry. I'm not happy with Dev at all for saying or doing that. But he is my attorney Geet. I've known him for ten years. He is the only one I can count upon, I can call a ...he paused for a while and added a strongly pronounced ...friend.

Disbelief washed over Geet's face. A hollow of pain engulfed her as she heard Maan speak.

He thought you were some kind of industrial spy. Her face paled further at the accusation...did Maan think the same? The guy's paranoid. Maan hugged her as he got alarmed by her expressions.

Back off...Geet screamed at the top of her voice pushing Maan with all her might. She could not believe Maan was taking Dev's side, that bas***d's side. Maan stumbled back and looked at her in disbelief...utter shock.

Listen Mr. Maan Singh Khurana! What do you think of yourself? You think you can pass me around to your friends? She shouted-I'm not some little toy!

Look, I know you're not my toy. Geet! Maan tried to touch the fuming Geet completely shaken by her outburst.

Don't! Don't you dare...Geet  raised her hand stopping him from touching her. She turned furiously and went towards the cupboard.

Maan's face darkened. No one...no one in his entire twenty eight years of life had raised his or her voice at him...no one has the audacity to question him and here she is shouting at him as if she owns him. Isn't it he who should be mad at her for 'enjoying it out' with his rivals. Fuming he threw his coat and tie ruthlessly on the bed.

Geet, I'm speaking to you. Come back here! RIGHT NOW. He growled dangerously emphasizing his each and every word.

When Geet didn't even bother as much as stopping her search through the cupboard...Maan said something that he would have regretted in his life for all the days to come.

He leaped to her in two powerful steps and twisted her arm harshly. Why are you getting all riled up haan...You are, in fact, a hooker! And you are my employee!

Geet stared back at him disbelievingly. Did she hear him right? She kept on staring in his orbs trying to search something...something that belonged to the man she was with for last three days. The glimpse of the person who was the panacea of all her pain. The one who did not touch her beyond her will, one who respected her. Alas. None. Nothing except blind rage was seen there. She smiled a bitter smile as she wriggled hard trying to free herself from his hurting grip. You don't own me. I decide, okay? I say who; I say when; I- I say who-

Maan pushed her away cutting her off as he realized what words just flew between them.  The mere thought of when she said WHO...slashed his heart, angering him even more. The flashes of her smiling with Jai ran across his mind again and again burning his insides.

I refuse to spend the next three days fighting with you.  Maan spoke with his back at her. That's the end of it!

I'm sorry I ever met you. I'm sorry I ever got into your stupid car! Geet spoke in a completely defeated voice as she sunk in a deep pool of despair.

As if you had so many more appealing options. Maan taunted.

Her head shot up with her scathing reply that burnt her soul like an acid. I've never had anyone make me feel as cheap and dirty as you did today. Fear, pain and a cold shadow seemed to be closing on her with his each statement.

Somehow, I find that very hard to believe. Maan turned slightly giving a crooked smile that spoke of pure sadistic pleasure.

Geet chuckled softly as her voice broke down. She finally found the purse and her dress in the cupboard she was wearing the day they met. The fog of those beautiful memories was now cleared by his poisonous words. It felt as if someone threw chilled water on her face in deep sleep, in fact in the most beautiful sleep of her life. Clutching it to her heart she moved past him.

Where are you going? Maan could not help but speak as he saw her making her way out of the room with that stuff. A taste of fear and one of wounded pride muddled in his mouth.

I want my money. I want to get out of here as soon as possible. Geet spoke without turning back, struggling hard to sound not shaky. Even now she was clinging to a single ray of hope that Maan would hold her hand and asks her once to stay, just once.

It felt as if someone took a rusted knife and jabbed it straight through him. She was going. She wants to go. Fine. Maan angrily picked his coat and emptied his wallet as his pride won over his fear of losing her. Throwing all the bills he had in it on the bed, he made his way to study without turning back.

Geet saw his retreating form and then back to the carelessly strewn money on the bed and a muffled sob escaped her mouth. She took a deep breath and walked out of the room holding herself close lest she falls down by this impact of sheer humiliation and pain.

As soon as the door clicked shut, Maan turned back, hoping for her once final glimpse. She was gone. She was gone and he had let her go. Just like that. The untouched money on the bed seemed to be laughing at his plight. Maan held his head in his hands realizing what had just happened.

Precap- A new beginning😊

Edited by AnonymousMG - 10 years ago
ExpectoPatronum thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
loved it! 
wish Maan could control his anger just a tad bit then none of this would have happened!
Donnaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
awesome update...
how i wish maan can control his anger n his tongue a lil bit...
we cant take bake the words we said...
maaniqra thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
amazing and lovely
maan yeh tum ne kya kiya
sanum23 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 7
loved it 
maan anger always do damage
Downhill thumbnail
heartbreaking update... cant see them parting ways😭
simply fabulous update
loved it
plz update soon

gurti30 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Awesome update
Ecerything was going so well but that dev ruined it and then maans anger and his so called pride just made it worse
but precap sounds interesting
-Lehar- thumbnail
sad update
hate that dev because of him maan and geet were in this situation
maan in his rage forgot what he is doing and saying
poor geet has had enough humiliation and she went from his life with out taking the money...
how will he gonna rectify his mistake
nice precap.i hope geet wont go to that profession again 
i want her to do some other job
waiting for the next part
continue soon
sporthy_smile28 thumbnail
Kahi dev miljaye raste me tho I'll chop him off to tiny pieces I sooo much hate him at this moment!!
# @ #@$#
Sorry I should not use bad words
But I could not help it!!