kaash thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Tough talk with Arjun Rampal

Was dropping out of an important project like Rang de Basanti a big mistake?
I was part of the film, then suddenly I wasn't. The way Mr Rakeysh Mehra went about things wasn't right. I was really taken aback by his attitude. He spent six months discussing the film with me. I had even blocked my dates and I lost out on good work because of this film. It was annoying because he was unprofessional. You talk about doing a different kind of film on a different level of professionalism. And you are so unprofessional yourself. It was very disappointing.

Do you have enough movies in hand?
There's AB Corp's Ek Ajnabee with Amitabh Bachchan, for which I've just finished a schedule in Bangkok. It was great fun. I am really happy with my role and the way the film is shaping up.
Then I'm scheduled to do a cameo in Karan Johar's Kabhie Alvida Na Kehna. Karan is a good friend and I was more than delighted when he asked me to do a special appearance in his film. He's promised me a lead role in one of his productions soon, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
And there's another big project that you should hear about by the time you're reading this piece.
Of course, one is always looking for better work. I constantly am. But I think a million times before I sign a film now. I've realised that you have to be choosy because whatever is printed on celluloid is the truth. You cannot turn around and say, I had a problem on this day or this happened during that scene. Nobody wants explanations.

Are you too laidback for the race?
If you give me a great script and a great role, I will do anything for it other than sell my body. But then, those kind of films should come my way, right?

The trade believes you have priced yourself too high. Has that been a hindrance?
What I charge is up to me because that's what I think I'm worth. I don't think anyone should undervalue himself. And I get paid what I deserve. I don't like to blow my own trumpet but let's face it, if I was no good, I wouldn't have any films.

Do you have an attitude problem?
Anyone who knows me will tell you I don't have an attitude. I'm a very friendly and outgoing guy. I have no ego problems about meeting anyone. But if my presence upsets someone, there's nothing I can do about it.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angelic_J thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Thanx so much😃 I like Arjun and feel really bad for him😭