Fan Fictions

ArHi SS: Heartbeat Radio - Completed - Page 5

StripePurple thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
This content was originally posted by: greenteaholic

Thanks so much!

Regarding #4: The angst and heartbreaking was totally unintentional. I was trying to get flippant and aloof mood set in there which after re-reading realized was completely missed. Even in the non-angst tone, angst was blatant and I finally accepted that this is what it should be.

Khushi wasn't all that explored as Arnav was. We never saw her throwing a tantrum cause she was having a bad day or was having her own mood swing.

Thanks a lot! :-)

I think that the flippant style makes stuff like this seem more angsty, rather than the straightforward description of a temper-tantrum or tears. In the show, regarding whatever little depth they gave to Khushi, they showed her deliberately using her characteristic jovial, flippant tone to shrug off huge problems and indignities. So yes, you're right, her angst lies in the non-angst. Her tendency was to bury her problems deep inside and simply going about her life before bursting open when it all piled up and she couldn't take it anymore. All this was, of course, before the writers went haywire and made her a crying rag-doll. One can only wish they had explored her character in more detail.
Also wanted to say, your style of writing seems very familiar somehow. :)
Edited by StripePurple - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

greenteaholic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: ScarbroughFair

Reading my comment again I realize that the thoughts I had to convey came out in an extremely scattered form. I guess that's what happens when you type from phone!

I agree with you on your take of why Akash and Khushi's relationship might not work. The spark is missing, or rather it is just not there. Still I feel that it is extremely difficult to love a man like Arnav (his handsome looks and smirk kept aside) because with him you are always on the edge. He is unpredictable and...extreme. In life you'd rather be with a person you can unwind with, you don't want to feel jittery all the time and keep on wondering what is going to happen next. Even in the show Arnav's feelings were given an intense build up but  Khushi's feelings went unexplored. His taunts and acidic jibes hurt her and she felt insecure but where in that mess did she fall for him?

Interesting you pick the same point StripedPurple pointed out - Khushi's reasons for remotely liking Arnav isn't explored. They are just there and it happens. And when he whiplashes, she ignores him by acting aloof or ignores him by crying. I can see why she wants to ignore problems till it goes away but I just don't understand it. And since when being loud being a guest is charming?
Khushi's feeling were explored in multiple ways which has led to her being an unstable person.

Maybe it was the days he discovered her dhak-dhak and saw him for what he was, stripped off his pretences as he handled her the glass of water at teej. I wish we could see more of his lighter side.

All these incidents are convenient. There is no build up leading to a moment. The amount of things that go wrong in their interaction [the way he shoves her, for example] should make her stay away from him but its just the opposite!

Anyway I realize I am rambling again. But the long and short of it is that I love reading your take on this. I am new to this forum so I don't know how viewer ship works but this concept and your thoughts appear to me as a deftly written poem. I found this link quite by accident (serendipity!) many pages into the forum. I don't think many have seen this. I assure you you wouldn't be a pauper if ever you were to publish, I'd buy all that you write happily...I am greenteaholic's writing's-aholic. 

If that makes sense. πŸ˜†πŸ˜Š

I am glad you discovered this by accident. It's always a pleasure to read a different perspective or a perspective complementing what I am thinking. I should be thankful for these little serendipitous instincts that instigates conversations :-)
pearl.b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Marvelous piece of writing...love d way u write...
StripePurple thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Ok, I had to come back and say this. There were moments in the show which did point to why Khushi fell for Arnav. They went unexplored but they happened. I think the scene at the temple where she sees Arnav and Anjali together during the first Rakshabandhan is a major turning point for Khushi. Also the one where she sees him buy pigeons for a little girl, so that her prayers might be answered. Him paying the hospital bills for her father without telling her anything about it. So she realises that despite all his douchebaggery, there is a kind, sensitive man hidden in there. It wasn't love, but she was definitely intrigued by him. Add to that the orphan factor and incredible physical attraction, and voila, we have a love story.Edited by StripePurple - 10 years ago
greenteaholic thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: StripePurple

I think that the flippant style makes stuff like this seem more angsty, rather than the straightforward description of a temper-tantrum or tears. In the show, regarding whatever little depth they gave to Khushi, they showed her deliberately using her characteristic jovial, flippant tone to shrug off huge problems and indignities. So yes, you're right, her angst lies in the non-angst. Her tendency was to bury her problems deep inside and simply going about her life before bursting open when it all piled up and she couldn't take it anymore. All this was, of course, before the writers went haywire and made her a crying rag-doll. One can only wish they had explored her character in more detail.

Also wanted to say, your style of writing seems very familiar somehow. :)

Now that you mention it, I wondered why she wasn't being more aggressive towards her hurt and pain. But I guess ignoring till it goes away was one of her mantras [or the writers] and it made her define her own character as being self sacrificial which in fact, she was not.

Good to be familiar than being alienated, I think :)
greenteaholic thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: pearl.b

Marvelous piece of writing...love d way u write...

Thank you :)
greenteaholic thumbnail

5. Scars

Let's connect the scars the tragedies of our past has left on us and make a masterpiece.

He is good in noticing things. He reads more than needed when it comes to Khushi. Sometimes his observation beats the pattern by a long shot but this is one of the times when he believes he is spot on. The heat behind her argument is stale by a week and the energy behind the vitality is more of a hum than steady strum of beat.

He catches her alone in a bus-stop nearby. Trickling darkness has trickled away patrons from the place and her loneliness surrounds her like a bright aura.

He knows what's going on with her because he is going through the same thing as her. It was ironic how in tragedy they were equals while he mocked their inequality in each aspect of their lives.

Death, has a way of peeling the layers we build upon and leave us bare and vulnerable to the wind and rain and...people. It shows what we are it also shows what other people are.

She doesn't even register his presence with her stare fixed on the clasped fingers on her lap. Buses come and go, patrons get in and get off but the two don't move from where they are sitting. The silence between them is new and unexplored but it has a voice of its own.

"I had a friend in school who said he held his mother's hand when she died. Death came to her slowly, in the form of terminal cancer and with each passing day he felt his mother's grip loosen and slack. The transition moment from life to death was like leaving a whoosh of air after swimming under the ocean for so long. He says its the worst way to watch a person die." He says softly.

Khushi takes a moment to respond. "Death is death. There isn't a good or a bad way to it, you know?" He nods. He knows.

"Does it make me a bad person for not remembering their faces from memory anymore? I mean...I had three years with them, you know? I have been taken care of and looked after like a daughter to my parents yet...yet there is this...inexplicable ache in my gut, an empty space in my heart which refuses to go away. Everyone says it gets better with time, you know?" Her fingers shake violently with her repressing the sobs that intend to break out of her skin.

"It doesn't get better. It doesn't get worse either. It just...stays, you know?" He shares his point of view, freely. His sister encountered same loss as him and back then he allowed her to grieve the way she wanted to. He had to be the strong one, the one who held his teenage sister in his eleven year old arms and rocked her till she fell asleep.

"I don't want this pain to go away. I...I feel if I let go of this pain, I will have nothing of my parents to hold on to." He understands this too.

He never understood her before. She was always judgmental about him.

In their misery, they discover each other.

"Why are you here?" She asks after an hour of silence.

He shrugs. "I want to be here. With you. Today."

She doesn't question his overly punctuated response.

She doesn't question when he slips his hand to hers and squeezes gently.

She doesn't question when he ushers her to his car and they drive around for few hours before dropping her home.

She doesn't question the way his fingers linger on her arm when she has a step out of his car.

She takes in his soft smile and tired eyes without question.

Sometimes, talking is overrated, she thinks.

Scarboroughfair thumbnail
I love the way you start each entry with a haiku. Are you a poet? I do think so. The entire FF has been written with such a succinct grace that I am quite in awe!

I think that this shared moment of understanding is where it all starts. Arnav is stripped off his pretenses for once and he feels Khushi's vulnerability as his own. This conversation had no decorations of insults and taunts, no chance of getting distorted...it was simple and ordinary for all intents and purposes but with them it feels like a huge leap, as if they've crossed a threshold. What comes next remains to be seen. Words are overrated just as talking is. Suffice is tp say that the shooting star is a brilliant narrator. 😊
greenteaholic thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: StripePurple

Ok, I had to come back and say this. There were moments in the show which did point to why Khushi fell for Arnav. They went unexplored but they happened. I think the scene at the temple where she sees Arnav and Anjali together during the first Rakshabandhan is a major turning point for Khushi. Also the one where she sees him buy pigeons for a little girl, so that her prayers might be answered. Him paying the hospital bills for her father without telling her anything about it. So she realises that despite all his douchebaggery, there is a kind, sensitive man hidden in there. It wasn't love, but she was definitely intrigued by him. Add to that the orphan factor and incredible physical attraction, and voila, we have a love story.

Arguably there are moments which made her see him past his harsh exterior but everything else he does just bypasses his good side. He isn't a mentally unstable person. He can make a choice. And he chooses to pull-push her, be handsy with her, be up in her personal space.

If their interactions had toned down more than what they did, would she still like him?
greenteaholic thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ScarbroughFair

I love the way you start each entry with a haiku. Are you a poet? I do think so. The entire FF has been written with such a succinct grace that I am quite in awe!

I think that this shared moment of understanding is where it all starts. Arnav is stripped off his pretenses for once and he feels Khushi's vulnerability as his own. This conversation had no decorations of insults and taunts, no chance of getting distorted...it was simple and ordinary for all intents and purposes but with them it feels like a huge leap, as if they've crossed a threshold. What comes next remains to be seen. Words are overrated just as talking is. Suffice is tp say that the shooting star is a brilliant narrator. 😊

No, I am no poet. Just string some words to summarize the chapter :)

I believe two people have to show their vulnerable and weaker side to the other to be completely accepted. Maybe this will help Arnav understand why Khushi stays aloof for most part of their conversation without coming off as imbecile. Maybe this will tell Khushi that underneath all that anger and annoyance is a child Arnav who still hasn't properly grieved for his parents death.

So yes, this is a leap but they aren't there yet. It still doesn't explain Arnav's or Khushi's behavior completely. But that's just me :)

Thanks.